Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Report: Vitor refuses to fight Kennedy (or anyone) at 185 Pounds.

Print  
Posted By Message

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,897-1,500
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
The UFC plans to schedule a fight between Vitor Belfort and American Tim Kennedy for the middleweight (84kg) went downhill. The wife and manager of Brazilian Joana Prado, who on Thursday received a call from Lorenzo Fertitta told Combate.com who refused the offer of the owner of the organization. Kennedy had already posted up on Twitter to come to Brazil to face Belfort.

- It makes no sense Vitor, who is the number 1 ranking, fight number 2, number 6 or number 10 category. In his next fight in the middleweight division will be against the winner of Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva.

If the UFC wants him to fight in any other category above average, we are available. Can be against anyone, Tim Kennedy, to Roy Nelson, but has to be in the 93kg division or weight married. Even in heavy fighting him. Vitor wants to fight, but in his category only if the title fight.

LINK

Post #1   7/27/13 8:15:27PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,897-1,500
Chips:
MMA Supremacy ?@MMASupremacy10m

Vitor Belfort refuses Kennedy fight.. says he'll only fight at MW if it is for the title... via @IvanRaupp http://glo.bo/12sEyI8 #mma #ufc

Report states that Vitor's wife informed UFC that it makes no sense as #2 MW to fight someone that isn't highly ranked in the UFC's rankings

Belfort's wife said he would fight anyone, Kennedy to Roy Nelson, but it has to be a catch-weight, LHW, or HW fight, just not a MW bout #ufc

Add Vitor Belfort along with Jose Aldo as fighters who have used the UFC Rankings as a justification to refuse fights. #mma #ufc

Post #2   7/27/13 8:15:49PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:
Didn't Vitor already agree to fight Mousasi a month or two ago? It's not like Mousasi is ranked much higher than Kennedy right now.

Either way, I'd rather see Belfort/Mousasi. Make it happen, Dana.

Post #3   7/27/13 8:58:32PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,477-1,379
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I hope if he fights for a title its not in Brazil.

Post #4   7/27/13 9:18:42PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,618-946
Chips:
Man up and be a fighter.

This is why I will forever love Chuck Liddell. Chuck vs Babalu 1 was legendary, as much for the fact that Chucky didn't have to take the fight as for the head kick knockout.

Post #5   7/27/13 9:29:52PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,660-1,415
Chips:
I don't blame him Kennedy is several steps down

Post #6   7/27/13 11:36:50PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,126-652
Chips:
Good shit, so if anderson wins and another rematch is scheduled will he still wait on the shelf?

Post #7   7/28/13 10:00:46AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,239-734
Chips:
What a joke. You're a professional fighter. If it's John Barnes or Anderson Silva you will be paid to fight them.

I would never dream of saying to my boss I don't want to do so and so because Im better than that.

So what if someone's ranked lower than you even Jon Jones came round to fighting Chael eventually, and guess what. When you're the best in the world you will fight guys lower than you.

If I was Dana I'd kill 2 birds with one stone. Belfort vs Diaz winner gets the next title shot in writing. No way would Diaz win, Belfort gets a well known big name fight, gets the in writing agreement he needs. Diaz gets steamrolled so badly he's too scared to show his face again. Put the fight in California as well so Mr TRT can test his levels in a US state and he can fight Diaz in his home town.

If they both decline that fight Dana can call them pussies for the rest of there careers as there all talk about wanting to be champions but not wanting to earn it.

Dirty Blue

Post #8   7/28/13 10:44:23AM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Wow, looks like he will be on the shelf. I think that he could ko Kennedy, but he could also be lay and prayed by a lower ranked fighter. I think Kennedy has also been in some boring fights, and they wanted to cut him, he is no Brian Stann when it comes banging and excitement.

Post #9   7/28/13 11:41:17AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,618-946
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

What a joke. You're a professional fighter. If it's John Barnes or Anderson Silva you will be paid to fight them.

I would never dream of saying to my boss I don't want to do so and so because Im better than that.

So what if someone's ranked lower than you even Jon Jones came round to fighting Chael eventually, and guess what. When you're the best in the world you will fight guys lower than you.

If I was Dana I'd kill 2 birds with one stone. Belfort vs Diaz winner gets the next title shot in writing. No way would Diaz win, Belfort gets a well known big name fight, gets the in writing agreement he needs. Diaz gets steamrolled so badly he's too scared to show his face again. Put the fight in California as well so Mr TRT can test his levels in a US state and he can fight Diaz in his home town.

If they both decline that fight Dana can call them pussies for the rest of there careers as there all talk about wanting to be champions but not wanting to earn it.

I wanna props you so bad for this....

Unfortunately I must spread my seed....erm... love.

Post #10   7/28/13 5:23:14PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by jjeans

I wanna props you so bad for this....

Unfortunately I must spread my seed....erm... love.

I just gave him props for you, since I agree with him as well

Except for the part about Belfort/Diaz.

Last edited 7/28/13 5:50PM server time by Webbie
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #11   7/28/13 5:49:15PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,951-1,087
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Belfort v. Hunt

Make it happen.

Post #12   7/28/13 7:41:39PM   

JLS1980

Heavyweight Champ

JLS1980 Avatar

Career:1,477-773
Chips:
So let me get this straight, Vitor wants to only fight Silva or Weidman. That fight doesn't happen until the end of this year. So Vitor at best wouldn't be fighting either guy until April 2014 at the earliest.

He should try and get the Mousasi fight or the Jacare/Okami winner. In the states. He can't say that he's leaguesbetter than any of the 3 fighters I mentioned. It's not like Vitor is getting any younger.

Last edited 7/28/13 10:31PM server time by JLS1980
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   7/28/13 10:30:00PM   

GDPofMPG

Fighters>Promoters

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:1,422-962
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Saying you are not all that interested in Kennedy is just fine, that fight makes as much sense as, UFC matchmaking..... yeah..

But there was that poll with a whole list of dudes to fight with. "I won't fight at MW unless it is for the Title" is not something Belfort should be saying. I think he is the Number one contender but the champ is fighting in December, he should have a fight and either MW or LHW fighters are who it should be against.

Post #14   7/29/13 4:23:51PM