Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Tate: No way in hell I'd let Winslow ref me again

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,803-1,002
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Ultimate Fighter coach and UFC title contender Miesha Tate is still angry about what Kim Winslow's quick stoppage of her fight against Cat Zingano and she rips the ref in a new interview.

Link

Post #1   7/25/13 11:22:58AM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,803-1,002
Chips:
Meisha can complain all she wants but IMO it was a right stoppage. She was getting her face rearranged and Winslow saved her from a knockout.

Post #2   7/25/13 11:27:29AM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:1,249-867
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Tate was beat fair, she should shut her mouth.

Post #3   7/25/13 11:46:46AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,279-1,225
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by GDPofMPG

Tate was beat fair, she should shut her mouth.

Agreed

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #4   7/25/13 2:01:50PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
it was an early stoppage, but aside that it's not like Winslow has the best reputation for being a ref. I don't blame her for wanting a more competent ref

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #5   7/25/13 2:37:53PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,054-613
Chips:
Watch your mouth Tate, or Kimmy is gonna eat you...seriously

Post #6   7/25/13 2:40:57PM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Chips:
What's kind of funny is with all the flack Winslow typically earns, this stoppage is the one thing across the MMA discussion sphere that people actually credit her for doing correctly. Oh Tate, making harder to decide who I don't want to see win her next fight.

Imagine the flame Winslow would of got if she let Zigano destroy Tate for another one or two seconds... The consequences would of never been the same.

Last edited 7/25/13 2:45PM server time by GDPofMPG
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   7/25/13 2:44:28PM   

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,499-922
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
early stoppage or not, winslow saved her from receiving more of a vicious beating. Zingano would've continued to tee off on her and I don't think she would've recovered. Tate and her little bf should do themselves a favor and shut their mouths. It seems like every time either of them open them anymore they lose even more respect.

Post #8   7/25/13 2:56:09PM   

Goatenstein

In Full Mount

Career:821-544
Chips:
Winslow sucks a lot but she saved Tate from severe punishment. If it had continued someone else might have had to come in and do TUF.

Post #9   7/25/13 2:57:38PM   

OnyxShadow

Fearless Leader

OnyxShadow Avatar

Career:1,930-929
Camp: World Top Team
Chips:
Winslow is horrifyingly incompetent. Hardly anyone will argue against that. At the moment when Winslow decides to stop the fight, she has almost zero visibility on Tate. She makes the call to the end the match based entirely on the previous few seconds of knees landing and the fact that Tate goes to her knees. For all she knew, Tate was actually shooting for a takedown. How Not to Ref: By Kim Winslow

As far as this stoppage, I'd say it was early. Tate was getting brutalized, but she was clearly still defending herself and was on the ground and so not going to be taking more knees. I've never heard a fighter complain of a late stoppage. Let it at least continue until the fighters are no longer able to defend themselves.

Imagine the flame Winslow would of got if she let Zigano destroy Tate for another one or two seconds... The consequences would of never been the same.

What exactly do you think was going to occur in the following few seconds sans stoppage? At worst Cat lands a few more punches/elbows while Meisha turtles.

It doesn't matter what would have "possibly" happened without the stoppage. Many of the greatest moments in MMA happened after a fighter gets hurt bad enough that many refs would have failed their job and ended the match prematurely. I guarantee you that with Kimmy reffing, Brock never comes back against Carwin, and Edgar loses BOTH of his last two fights with Maynard.

Last edited 7/25/13 3:01PM server time by OnyxShadow
2 total post edits

Post #10   7/25/13 2:57:38PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,478-1,317
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I wouldn't mind if Tate forfeits her fight.

It would be funny is Kim refs her fight with rousey

Post #11   7/25/13 3:04:14PM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Chips:

Posted by OnyxShadow

Winslow is horrifyingly incompetent. Hardly anyone will argue against that. At the moment when Winslow decides to stop the fight, she has almost zero visibility on Tate. She makes the call to the end the match based entirely on the previous few seconds of knees landing and the fact that Tate goes to her knees. For all she knew, Tate was actually shooting for a takedown. How Not to Ref: By Kim Winslow

As far as this stoppage, I'd say it was early. Tate was getting brutalized, but she was clearly still defending herself and was on the ground and so not going to be taking more knees. I've never heard a fighter complain of a late stoppage. Let it at least continue until the fighters are no longer able to defend themselves.

What exactly do you think was going to occur in the following few seconds sans stoppage? At worst Cat lands a few more punches/elbows while Meisha turtles.

It doesn't matter what would have "possibly" happened without the stoppage. Many of the greatest moments in MMA happened after a fighter gets hurt bad enough that many refs would have failed their job and ended the match prematurely. I guarantee you that with Kimmy reffing, Brock never comes back against Carwin, and Edgar loses BOTH of his last two fights with Maynard.

Hanging on being dropped like she was as a single attempt is a paper thin argument to go on, falling over and putting your hand out is not a single attempt. She blocked countless knees and strikes with her face and went down, that is not the kind of defense a good or bad ref lets go on. Tate demonstrated she couldn't defend herself because blocking with your face isn't how you do it. The Idea Tate wasn't done is not unimaginable, but a verifiable minority opinion.

What you imagine the worst thing that could of happened to Tate had the fight not been stopped and what I do are not the same. The best thing that could of happened to Tate in the next few seconds was Cat lands a few more punches/elbows while Meisha turtles, to say nothing worse could of possibly happened to Tate after she was dropped like that is not something I'd do.

And technically to imagine something it kinda does matter that you have to think of what "possibly" will happen as opposed to what did happen, exactly like the way you imagine Winslow reffing those other fights would be, same principle.

On an entirely different note, it is kinda sad that Tate is so concerned with blaming the ref and not wanting a certain ref to ref her fight. The best fighters win regardless of that outside kind of stuff imo. If she didn't want to have the fight stopped she should of not got hit so much, not cry at the ref for not letting her get hit even more.

Last edited 7/25/13 3:19PM server time by GDPofMPG

Post #12   7/25/13 3:11:59PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,677-1,658
Camp: country KO
Chips:
I didn't know fighters had a say in the ref assignments.

Post #13   7/25/13 3:17:37PM   

OnyxShadow

Fearless Leader

OnyxShadow Avatar

Career:1,930-929
Camp: World Top Team
Chips:
The point is that Winslow has too little information because she is out of position and can't see what's going on AND THEN she stops the fight with this limited information because she's too apt to jump the gun with stoppages (and shown this tendency on several occasions).

Even if Winslow had seen what was going on she still shouldn't have stopped the fight when she did. The moment after the stoppage, you can see Meisha's eyes which were clear, and you could tell that she wasn't wobbly or off-balance. She was fine to continue (for at least the time being) even though her face was a mess.

I didn't know fighters had a say in the ref assignments.

They don't. However, I don't remember the last time I heard a fighter that had a beef with a ref getting that ref assigned to their matches. Also, Tate can always forfeit or "get injured" if Winslow gets assigned to her match.

Last edited 7/25/13 3:29PM server time by OnyxShadow
2 total post edits

Post #14   7/25/13 3:26:05PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:
lol @ everyone who's complaining about Kim Winslow. She's not a bad ref by any means, yet she seems to be getting the Steve Mazzagatti treatment these days.

Grow up, fellas. No referee is perfect, and I agree with her stoppage of the Tate fight anyways. If Tate didn't want Winslow to stop the fight at that point she shouldn't have let Zingano knee her in the face repeatedly like that. Tate has no one to blame but herself for that loss, and she's getting the title shot (that she doesn't deserve) out of it anyways, so what does she really have to bitch about?

Post #15   7/25/13 3:35:55PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3