Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Recently Retired Fighter Brian Stann Takes Over Joe Rogan’s Duties at UFC 163

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,519-891
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by BillsNewAccount

but even Rogan has his bias for Bravo students.

I think I'd rather have Joe in the booth just bc he has a very good understanding of BJJ and I'm not sure if Stann understands some of the subtleties of the more complex moves.

I imagine someone hitting a calf slicer or reverse triangle in Brazil and hearing nothing but crickets from Stann and Goldberg.

I don't think he really shows much bias....

There really aren't any straight up Eddie Bravo students in the UFC, are there? I know there are a few guys who've tried to use rubber guard and a few that HAVE TRAINED with Eddie, but he's not there primary coach.

Usually Joe just points out that they are doing rubber guard wrong. And he's always right.

Rubber guard is a great system for guys with the flexibility to use it but we've never really seen it done properly at the highest levels in MMA. There are guys who think they're doing rubber guard, but none that are actually doing it.

Post #16   7/24/13 5:07:19PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,491-903
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

I wonder when someone other than Bruce Buffer will introduce

Already happened! Of course the UFC had a different announcer in the very beginning. But longtime WEC/MMA announcer Joe Martinez actually worked a UFC event, either this year or last year. It was one of those bad ass weekends when the UFC had an event on Friday and an event on Saturday. I want to say Joe announced an Australian card...

Post #17   7/24/13 5:50:17PM   

isk

In Full Mount

isk Avatar

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by machodog76
Why do you think Buffer is arrogant? I've always thought so too but other than my gut feeling I've seen no proof. Not trying to be a jerk I'm just curious.

From his radio show and his book. It's not to the point where he's putting other people down, quite the opposite - he's super gracious. He simply thinks really, really, really highly of himself.

Post #18   7/24/13 8:18:52PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Great, now I won't have to hit the MUTE button here in the FUEL TV studios on Saturday

Brian Stann, the next President of the United States.

Post #19   7/24/13 8:51:07PM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:1,976-1,224
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
I like Rogan.

I like Buffer.

I like Goldberg - he's so bad he's good. It wouldn't be the same without any of them

Post #20   7/24/13 9:20:32PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,766-1,590
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Kevro

lol what the fuck people? id rather have rogan and stann than goldberg and anyone.

It would be great but neither of them would be able to handle Goldberg's job imo. I dislike him as much as the next guy but Goldberg's focus isn't on the fights themselves, it's on moving the event along and promoting other events and sponsors. I've heard Rogan talk about how he couldn't do it and I'm assuming Stann would have an even harder time. If anyone would fill in for Goldie it would be Aink.

Post #21   7/24/13 10:57:39PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,766-1,590
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by isk

Posted by machodog76
Why do you think Buffer is arrogant? I've always thought so too but other than my gut feeling I've seen no proof. Not trying to be a jerk I'm just curious.

From his radio show and his book. It's not to the point where he's putting other people down, quite the opposite - he's super gracious. He simply thinks really, really, really highly of himself.

Yup. It's not hard to find proof. Even on an episode of Poker After Dark he came off as arrogant and annoying. It looked like Hendo wanted nothing to do with him (He was on the episode too).

Post #22   7/24/13 11:00:02PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,400-821
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I am good with the UFC of recent times...they are entertaining and I hear there passion,

Post #23   7/24/13 11:00:32PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,597-1,618
Camp: country KO
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by isk

Posted by machodog76

Yup. It's not hard to find proof. Even on an episode of Poker After Dark he came off as arrogant and annoying. It looked like Hendo wanted nothing to do with him (He was on the episode too).

Damn it now I have to read his book.

Post #24   7/25/13 1:17:09PM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:1,172-824
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by machodog76

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by isk

Posted by machodog76

Damn it now I have to read his book.

lol forgot about poker after dark.

Duffer is definitely a tool, he is embarrassing like Goldberg, just an unfortunate ongoing joke. Joey Martinez is the best UFC fighter announcer to have ever worked a card.

Post #25   7/25/13 1:57:52PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2