Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

If Rory MacDonald gets past Jake Ellenberger, he faces his toughest decision

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,869-1,573
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Ever since the then 21-year-old Rory MacDonald threw around Nate Diaz before 55,000 fans at the Rogers Centre in Toronto en route to a unanimous decision win, people have labeled him as the next Georges St-Pierre, or as the heir apparent to St-Pierre’s crowns.

St-Pierre is not just the UFC welterweight champion, but the face of the sport in Canada. He earns millions in endorsements to go along with being the sport’s biggest drawing card.

MacDonald (14-1) was 20 when he moved from Kelowna, British Columbia, across the country to Montreal in search of the training that he felt would allow him to reach his potential as a fighter. That meant training at Tri-Star Gym, the home of St-Pierre...

Full Story

Post #1   7/23/13 1:25:35PM   

SpiderSilva

Reminder: steelers suck!!!

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,855-1,155
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Dude is right there. He looks to be the best of this next generation but it's about gawd damn time we get to see him face the next generation of fighters the one top opponent he did face he was domiating all of the fight till Conduit finished him. I need to see him fight more contenders. I feel Hendricks has went through the who's who to get a shot at GSP and Ellenberger has went a some what similer path. Of those 3 McDonald's biggest win is a vary undersized BJ Penn.

I'm still waiting for a few big wins from McDonald thats all

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #2   7/23/13 1:39:58PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
If he wins I say call out gsp
You in the sport for one thing .... Gold baby

Post #3   7/23/13 2:33:12PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:
I don't see Rory and GSP fighting at all, no matter what, but at the same time I don't really see Rory beating Ellenberger either.

Either way, this is an excellent fight and I can't wait to see how it goes. I'm much more hyped for this fight than the main event.

Post #4   7/23/13 2:37:56PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,612-939
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Dude is right there. He looks to be the best of this next generation but it's about gawd damn time we get to see him face the next generation of fighters the one top opponent he did face he was domiating all of the fight till Conduit finished him. I need to see him fight more contenders. I feel Hendricks has went through the who's who to get a shot at GSP and Ellenberger has went a some what similer path. Of those 3 McDonald's biggest win is a vary undersized BJ Penn.

I'm still waiting for a few big wins from McDonald thats all

You're forgetting the undersized Diaz. Also, I think it should be a no brainer for Mac. He'll get his shot at the belt when MY BOY JOHNNY HENDRICKS IS HOLDING IT!!!! Wooooooo!
That is if Matt Brown doesn't take the belt first. 2x woooooo!!!

Post #5   7/23/13 2:58:06PM