Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Ryan Braun suspended rest of year

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,556-1,465
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

he got let off way too easy. It's a shame that his piss sample2 years ago was sitting beside some guys Sunny D otherwise we'd be looking at a full year ban right now.

Can't wait to see what A-roid gets. And I hope to God that the Yankees have to pay him every single dollar they signed him for rather than trying to weasel out of the contract.

He almost certainly would have gotten 50 games had the original test not been fucked up, so the extra 15 he got are a lie tax. Until now it had been 50 for a first, 100 for a 2nd, and a 3rd strike would have appropriately gotten a player out of the game for good.

Post #16   7/25/13 3:53:48PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,857-1,596
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by jay98107

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Bullshit. MLB was on a witch hunt because Braun won his appeal. They put pressure on him to admit to nothing. I still love Braun and will always be a fan.

So, just to be clear here, you think he's 100% innocent? Witch hunt implies that he's being convicted of something he didn't do. I admit, they have targeted Braun and ARod specifically, but if the man did steroids he did steroids. He needs to face his punishment.

Rumor has it they may attempt to drop the lifetime banhammer on him, which is pretty unreal. I mean, has any player been banned while active since the Black Sox Scandal? Seriously I'm actually asking.

Post #17   7/25/13 10:40:42PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,556-1,465
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by jay98107

Posted by jay98107

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Bullshit. MLB was on a witch hunt because Braun won his appeal. They put pressure on him to admit to nothing. I still love Braun and will always be a fan.

So, just to be clear here, you think he's 100% innocent? Witch hunt implies that he's being convicted of something he didn't do. I admit, they have targeted Braun and ARod specifically, but if the man did steroids he did steroids. He needs to face his punishment.

Rumor has it they may attempt to drop the lifetime banhammer on him, which is pretty unreal. I mean, has any player been banned while active since the Black Sox Scandal? Seriously I'm actually asking.

I think Steve Howe was for a bunch of failed drug tests in the 80's, but I don't remember the details.

EDIT: just looked and Howe was banned in '92, but was reinstated by an arbiter. Looks like you have to go back a long way to find an active player banned, just a couple years after the Black Sox.

Last edited 7/26/13 11:42AM server time by cowcatcher
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #18   7/26/13 11:29:47AM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by jay98107

Posted by jay98107

Posted by Theoutlaw08

I think Steve Howe was for a bunch of failed drug tests in the 80's, but I don't remember the details.

EDIT: just looked and Howe was banned in '92, but was reinstated by an arbiter. Looks like you have to go back a long way to find an active player banned, just a couple years after the Black Sox.

Wow I had no idea, thanks for the research!

Post #19   7/26/13 7:07:08PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,718-1,421
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Id like it if they banned Arod, and the Yankees could void his contract

Post #20   7/26/13 8:03:14PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Bubbles

he got let off way too easy. It's a shame that his piss sample2 years ago was sitting beside some guys Sunny D otherwise we'd be looking at a full year ban right now.

Can't wait to see what A-roid gets. And I hope to God that the Yankees have to pay him every single dollar they signed him for rather than trying to weasel out of the contract.

He almost certainly would have gotten 50 games had the original test not been fucked up, so the extra 15 he got are a lie tax. Until now it had been 50 for a first, 100 for a 2nd, and a 3rd strike would have appropriately gotten a player out of the game for good.

I can't remember if it was Kenny Rosenthal or Jon Paul Morosi or someone in the know that said because this is a different accusation the MLB suspension ladder doesnt apply. AKA since they didn't fail an MLB sanctioned drug test, but rather have evidence of them using PEDs, the 50/100/life suspensions doesn't have to apply (hence the 65 game ban for Braun).

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #21   7/27/13 12:21:14AM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Bubbles

I can't remember if it was Kenny Rosenthal or Jon Paul Morosi or someone in the know that said because this is a different accusation the MLB suspension ladder doesnt apply. AKA since they didn't fail an MLB sanctioned drug test, but rather have evidence of them using PEDs, the 50/100/life suspensions doesn't have to apply (hence the 65 game ban for Braun).

Huh, I was under the impression that the first 50 of those 65 were for the 50/100/life, but I guess I was misinformed.

Post #22   7/29/13 4:27:43AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2