Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dan Henderson withdrew TUE request, discontinued TRT ahead of UFC 161

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
When the Manitoba Combative Sports Commission recently revealed it didn't grant any therapeutic-use exemptions for June's UFC 161 event, it raised more than a few eyebrows. After all, shouldn't have MMA legend Dan Henderson's name appeared on the list?

Link

Post #1   7/18/13 8:47:28PM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:
Way to man up!! Mad props to him for competing naturally regardless of age!

Post #2   7/19/13 12:09:38AM   

traveller77

MMA Regular

traveller77 Avatar

Career:1,014-493
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
and mad props to the Manitoba commission for insisting you have a specific reason to be on TRT and not just rubber stamping this BS. Invite Vitor to Winnipeg to fight ASAP

Post #3   7/19/13 3:49:21AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,258-821
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by DeadHead988

Way to man up!! Mad props to him for competing naturally regardless of age!

Post #4   7/19/13 4:20:26AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,173-700
Chips:
Ahh yes the old school teachers dilemma
How do we react when a common misbehaving student spontaneously does something right, friendly or succeeds in something they didn't expect him too.

By congratulating him you could find other students annoyed because they're naturally good behaviour hasn't got them appraisal.

Last edited 7/19/13 5:30AM server time by jjeans
Edit note/reason: n/a

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #5   7/19/13 5:29:08AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,067-623
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

How do we react when a common misbehaving student spontaneously does something right, friendly or succeeds in something they didn't expect him too.

By congratulating him you could find other students annoyed because they're naturally good behaviour hasn't got them appraisal.

'He didn't take the reward. Just a few space bucks for parts and tools.' In other news pizza the hut ate himself to death

Post #6   7/19/13 6:40:56AM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

I wildly disagree with that. Hendo is one of the only guys I think should be allowed TRT. His body has naturally lowered its testosterone production because of age and if he feels he still has fight left in him why not bring it back up to normal levels?
He's never been caught abusing and doesn't walk around crazy shredded like some of the other guys on it. He's also been pretty open about using it, how he came to start TRT and doesn't shy away when questioned which, in my opinion, show he's not cheating or misusing.
He's never used steroids, never even been implicated in anything close to cheating so I think he's a prime example of someone who should be allowed to compete using TRT. Someone like Vitor or T. Silva shouldn't be granted a pass as they have used steroids in the past and both been banned so there is a strong chance their testosterone has diminished due to that and not through natural progression.

That being said Hendo with or without TRT is still a top guy!

EDIT: Nothing personal with the T.Silva example, man. He was just taunting me from your Av while I typed an was fresh in my mind.

Last edited 7/19/13 9:32AM server time by SmileR
Edit note/reason: n/a

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #7   7/19/13 9:31:20AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Posted by jjeans

I wildly disagree with that. Hendo is one of the only guys I think should be allowed TRT. His body has naturally lowered its testosterone production because of age and if he feels he still has fight left in him why not bring it back up to normal levels?
He's never been caught abusing and doesn't walk around crazy shredded like some of the other guys on it. He's also been pretty open about using it, how he came to start TRT and doesn't shy away when questioned which, in my opinion, show he's not cheating or misusing.
He's never used steroids, never even been implicated in anything close to cheating so I think he's a prime example of someone who should be allowed to compete using TRT. Someone like Vitor or T. Silva shouldn't be granted a pass as they have used steroids in the past and both been banned so there is a strong chance their testosterone has diminished due to that and not through natural progression.

EDIT: Nothing personal with the T.Silva example, man. He was just taunting me from your Av while I typed an was fresh in my mind.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #8   7/19/13 9:34:32AM   

Chieftan1997

MMA Regular

Chieftan1997 Avatar

Career:1,917-1,032
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

I'm with you too there are legitimate reason to use TRT and as long as it's not abused it's not going to turn you into Superman!! I know because being 41 and still very active I use it. I've never taken steroids, my testosterone levels just dropped when i hit 40. It got to the point where I was tired all the time, had no energy, and didn't have much sex drive. Being married and working as a trainer I had to do something to get my life back on track. I use only what the Doc prescribed and all it's done is get me back to my old self. I can't bench or run anywhere near what I did in my 20's it's just got my energy level back to normal.

Post #9   7/19/13 10:31:46AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by jjeans

'He didn't take the reward. Just a few space bucks for parts and tools.' In other news pizza the hut ate himself to death

love the space balls reference

Post #10   7/19/13 11:18:47AM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:1,300-892
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Posted by jjeans

Good post. Dan is the man.

Post #11   7/19/13 12:22:02PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,566-910
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Because he is at natural levels without TRT.

Aging is a natural process, there is no excuse for using unnatural means to "correct" for it.

Its abuse by definition, with out exception, in my mind.

Post #12   7/20/13 8:26:56PM