Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Weidman vs. Silva rematch heads UFC 168 on Dec. 28, Rousey vs. Tate II co-main

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

LuckyCharms

Standup Guy

LuckyCharms Avatar

Career:502-385
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

no need for an instant rematch

100% agree, if you can get Knock Out (Even if you're of the P4P greats), should not immediate rematch.

I loved to see Weidmen defend the title at least once before taking on Silva again.

Post #16   7/14/13 2:31:52AM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by LuckyCharms

Posted by Bubbles

100% agree, if you can get Knock Out (Even if you're of the P4P greats), should not immediate rematch.

I loved to see Weidmen defend the title at least once before taking on Silva again.

Everyone saw Anderson was dominating like he usually does and got caught clowning. The no.1 P4P fighter losing his first title defense in 12 or so fights, and he does not deserve an immediate rematch? Who is more deserving? Munoz? Boetsch?

Post #17   7/14/13 3:18:47AM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,292-1,292
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

Posted by LuckyCharms

Posted by Bubbles

Everyone saw Anderson was dominating like he usually does and got caught clowning. The no.1 P4P fighter losing his first title defense in 12 or so fights, and he does not deserve an immediate rematch? Who is more deserving? Munoz? Boetsch?

What fight were you watching? At no point in that fight was Anderson winning.

I agree completely that he deserves the rematch, but only because of what he did before his fight with Weidman, not for anything he did during it.

Post #18   7/14/13 3:21:42AM   

OnyxShadow

Fearless Leader

OnyxShadow Avatar

Career:1,930-929
Camp: World Top Team
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

I agree completely that he deserves the rematch, but only because of what he did before his fight with Weidman, not for anything he did during it.

Exactly. Weidman won the first round easily with the takedown, ground control, GnP, and sub attempt while Silva landed next to nothing except a couple leg kicks. Weidman scored the KO very early in the second round. While he did get his lone takedown attempt stuffed, Silva didn't do anything special, either, once again only landing a couple leg kicks.

And I also think that because Anderson had such a long reign and the exact circumstances of the loss were a little strange that if there is ever a time for an immediate rematch that this is it.

I really hope Weidman wins again. Silva at the top so long has made MW horribly stagnant.

Post #19   7/14/13 9:25:12AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,632-1,680
Chips:
The best thing that could happen would simply be a replay. Silva basically makes Superfights impossible (as does GSP and Jones) so who cares if he loses. With Chris as champion there is a tornado of activity in the MW div that will lead to some vets finally getting their chance at the title and some up and comers to challenge those vets. That was the exact story that got us here to begin with. The next best thing to this would be Johnny Hendrick's first round KO of GSP. I only want to see someone rule a division for so long before I want it mixed up, MW and WW divisions are ready for that.

Post #20   7/14/13 9:51:50AM   

Lungsofsteel

Belt Contender

Lungsofsteel Avatar

Career:976-624
Camp: FLBTV All-Stars
Chips:
should be a good 1

Post #21   7/14/13 10:28:49AM   

Hideous

Learning to Sprawl

Career:229-178
Chips:
100% Agree on Weidmans reflexes. Silva landed leg kicks,sure, but when he had a flurry of strikes he was punching air.
He did nothing different to any other fight I have seen...fools around when he gets a jabbed to show off supposedly superior reflexes and disrespect the opponent as the same time.
Then has a flurry of strikes and kicks and that usually does the trick.

Post #22   7/14/13 10:37:03AM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,838-1,149
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Well Silva will enter 2014 as the champ.

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #23   7/14/13 11:49:43AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Daddy Chael just got off the phone with Cousin Chris Weidman...

Per our phone convo - - -

Cousin Chris
Yo Champ??!!! I was wondering if you could give me some motivational TRUTH TALK about Anderson in lieu of out HUGE fight in December??

Daddy Chael
Sure thing buddy....for starters, in speaking the TRUTH about anDEE, you could say to him that he's fallen down more times than an eplileptic's dropped his keys.

Secondly, another gem - - - - it's okay if in the rematch that you have to pound on him for 25 minutes and go home and watch yourself on the DVR, that should just be fine with you. Now when anDEE starts mumbling his Mikey Jackson lingo at you leading up to the fight, just say this, "When I want your advice, I'll beat it out of you, Stupid. Now, go back to singing to Whoppers and telling Seegal he's legit."

And lastly Chris, you have the skills to make Superman run and hide like a little school girl.

Edit: When Silva said to ESPN kid watchers, "I back.....I back." - - - Next time, I will make sure I have my copy of rosetta stone in my lap....I back? You mean, Baby Got Back??

Post #24   7/14/13 6:32:33PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,847-1,629
Chips:

Posted by OnyxShadow

Posted by FlashyG

Exactly. Weidman won the first round easily with the takedown, ground control, GnP, and sub attempt while Silva landed next to nothing except a couple leg kicks. Weidman scored the KO very early in the second round. While he did get his lone takedown attempt stuffed, Silva didn't do anything special, either, once again only landing a couple leg kicks.

And I also think that because Anderson had such a long reign and the exact circumstances of the loss were a little strange that if there is ever a time for an immediate rematch that this is it.

I really hope Weidman wins again. Silva at the top so long has made MW horribly stagnant.

I agree with these two.

Post #25   7/15/13 1:10:06AM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,869-1,613
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I really like putting the women's belt as the co-main for possibly the biggest main event of the year. It'll get a lot of viewers and could really help build up what is shaping up to be a pretty solid division.

Post #26   7/15/13 2:46:04AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2