Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Ref Herb Dean was unsure if Anderson Silva was faking or unconscious at UFC 162

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Veteran referee Herb Dean had refereed four Anderson Silva fights prior to UFC 162 and seen others cageside. So when Silva began to clown Chris Weidman in the main event of this past Saturday's pay-per-view, he did little else but pay close attention.

Link

Post #1   7/8/13 8:11:15PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
A little birdy told me that ANNdee had a rib "injury" @ CHAEL-FC 162.

Post #2   7/8/13 8:37:08PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,214-788
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
somebody post the pic of his eyes rolled back

Post #3   7/8/13 9:06:44PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,441-827
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by george112

Anderson is that committed. I love Herb but he got the call wrong. Clearly Anderson was just goofing.

Post #4   7/8/13 10:21:43PM   

spang714

MMA Regular

spang714 Avatar

Career:561-335
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

A little birdy told me that ANNdee had a rib "injury" @ CHAEL-FC 162.

..wasnt there a lot of rumors going around about a month ago about andy's ribs and him almost pulling out of the fight against weidman....a lot of smoke but maybe some fire...

...also its an honor to quote a post from the peoples champ Chael Perfection Sonnen...

Post #5   7/8/13 11:35:58PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Chips:

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Posted by george112

Anderson is that committed. I love Herb but he got the call wrong. Clearly Anderson was just goofing.

Ya, no question about it at all. Anderson was faking unconsciousness to lure Chris into a submission.

He had a nasty wrist lock set up just as Herb stepped in to stop the fight.

Post #6   7/8/13 11:45:29PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,174-1,480
Chips:
I have watched the replay a million times and the last punch caught Silva plain and simple.His eyes rolled and he was out. After a second out cold he came to and thought Herb Dean was Wediman, wrapping one of Herb's arms with his arm and he tried to hook the other with his foot. If you think SIlva was faking anything you might want to go back to watching Alex Jones. The reason that the punch was so effective is because Silva was not moving backwards. He was leaning backwards. After the initial fake quiver Silva basically tried to lean away from Weidman's punches. Silva could have back peddled like Muhammad Ali but he chose to showboat and duck and weave all of Weidman's punches. When the last punch finally hit him Silva was leaning at a ridiculous angle. This made the punch more devastating than it would have been if Silva was in a normal upright stance. Silva was pretty much falling over when that historic punch hit him. The KO was real and Silva lost because he was acting like a jack ass. This may fire Darth Silva up. You think he was a monster before? An angry dedicated Silva with a wounded ego is a scary thought.

This headline of this article is misleading as it leaves out the most vital part of what Herb said and that is that Silva was out.

Post #7   7/9/13 3:20:00AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,439-874
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I can understand Herb thinking Anderson was faking. What's his excuse for the Dennis Siver stoppage? I don't give a fuck what anyone says, pro fighter or not, that was a bad stoppage.

Don't get me wrong, coming from the same hometown as Cub, that was the best thing I saw all night. But for Siver, and his long term health, that seemed like a late stoppage.Just my 2¢

Post #8   7/9/13 12:01:27PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,441-827
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

I have watched the replay a million times and the last punch caught Silva plain and simple.His eyes rolled and he was out. After a second out cold he came to and thought Herb Dean was Wediman, wrapping one of Herb's arms with his arm and he tried to hook the other with his foot. If you think SIlva was faking anything you might want to go back to watching Alex Jones. The reason that the punch was so effective is because Silva was not moving backwards. He was leaning backwards. After the initial fake quiver Silva basically tried to lean away from Weidman's punches. Silva could have back peddled like Muhammad Ali but he chose to showboat and duck and weave all of Weidman's punches. When the last punch finally hit him Silva was leaning at a ridiculous angle. This made the punch more devastating than it would have been if Silva was in a normal upright stance. Silva was pretty much falling over when that historic punch hit him. The KO was real and Silva lost because he was acting like a jack ass. This may fire Darth Silva up. You think he was a monster before? An angry dedicated Silva with a wounded ego is a scary thought.

This headline of this article is misleading as it leaves out the most vital part of what Herb said and that is that Silva was out.

I hear what your saying but I have to disagree. In addition to teaching Anderson front kicks Sensi Seagul has been training Anderson to act. Convincing Herb Dean he was out was probably Anderson's crowning acting achievement. You gotta give props to Andy. He's the best at everything.

Post #9   7/9/13 12:16:00PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
were at the same stage as when Fedor lost... give people some time and they will come to terms with it.

Post #10   7/9/13 12:46:53PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

I even put the dancing banana in there to make sure everyone would know I was being sarcastic....

Post #11   7/9/13 6:23:48PM