Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

With superfights now scrapped, UFC boss insists Weidman vs. Silva II up next

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,381-784
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
If Silva doesn't fight Weidman next & stays at mw, let's see him fight bisping

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #16   7/7/13 4:57:39PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:715-434
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

***BREAKING NEWS***

Sensei Seegall insists that AnDee DID NOT take the blue pill last night!

Weidman broke the matrix.

Tell me, Mr Anderson - what good is a phone call, if you are unable to speak..

Post #17   7/7/13 6:28:28PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
I'm sorry but there is no reason for a rematch. He got KTFO after clowning around like an idiot. It wasn't a close decision or a 30 second finish. Silva should earn his way back to a title shot, even if he goes the Faber route where it's one fight then title fight

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #18   7/7/13 6:44:12PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,336-780
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I'm not interested in a rematch, I want to see Weidman/Belfort and Silva/Bisping or Mousasi

Post #19   7/7/13 9:10:57PM   

Samps

MMA Regular

Samps Avatar

Career:610-346
Chips:
I still think if Silva wants, he could beat anyone at MW and most at LHW. Just like Dana said about Melvin Guillard years back, so much potential, but wasted. Silva is a perfect example. He really could beat anyone, he just toys too much and last night shows that. Got exactly what he deserves

Post #20   7/7/13 9:25:30PM   

isk

In Full Mount

isk Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
I'm okay with an instant rematch. I think the fight was completely legit - the long-time champ tried to work his magic a little too much, and he was finally caught by the rare combination of physical gifts, mental focus, and correct training that matched up well.

There's also Anderson's pre-fight comments that seemed to indicate he was at peace with a loss. I'm not saying he phoned it in, or that Weidman doesn't deserve the belt 100%. That loose, showboating style is part of Anderson's core, and remember that Forrest Griffin was only a couple inches off before he was put down with a baby hook. Weidman was able to both fully extend his punches, and set up the left hook with a flicking right jab beforehand.

Anderson didn't come in angry like he did against Vitor and Chael, and he didn't turn it up in the 2nd round like he has so often in the past. Exposed? I think that's an understandable conclusion, but also a reductive one.

I'd like to see a rematch with Anderson coming in healthy and motivated. I think that his exaggerated head movement is part of his game, right, but I think the outcome would be more competitive (if not entirely different) if he used his excellent fundamentals more. In other words, hit the other guy more.

Last edited 7/7/13 10:01PM server time by isk
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   7/7/13 9:59:56PM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
I think those of you who are saying that Anderson doesn't deserve an immediate rematch are either batshit crazy or probably always have been Silva haters. This man has been the longest reigning UFC champion by a longshot! He is undoubtedly one of the top 3, and probably the best, fighter to ever compete in MMA. I may be wrong, but I don't ever remember Anderson ever pulling out of even just 1 scheduled fight. There's no doubt that he has defended his title fighting injured at some point in those 7 years. He gave every contender their chance. You may not like his style or antics, whichever you want to call it, but it doesn't matter because all I've stated above deserves RESPECT. Hell, he deserves a rematch more than anyone ever has.

Last edited 7/8/13 12:23AM server time by Playground_Samurai
2 total post edits

Post #22   7/8/13 12:20:00AM   

ChrisSabal

Go Cubs Go!

ChrisSabal Avatar

Career:715-520
Camp: TKO
Chips:
know what I'm afraid of that hasn't been mentioned (or I haven't seen it mentioned) is Anderson starting a downfall after this fight like Fedor. I would hate to see Anderson come back and lose to Weidman again or lose to someone to get a rematch at Weidman.

Post #23   7/8/13 12:46:29AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,481-868
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by george112

5 out of 17 fights isnt enough imo to say he doesnt do it every fight.

Think about that for a second.

Lol. That's funny stuff right there.

And yes he deserves an immediate rematch...how could he not? The dude owned this division like no one has ever owned a division before.

Even if he had lost by getting beaten down for 4 rounds and submitted I'd say he deserves the rematch. He earned it.

Post #24   7/8/13 1:11:11AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,185-774
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
LOL again at the above post

3... count em 3 times you have gone into separate threads and quoted something ive said specifically.

Dude im not the only one saying the things I'm saying. respond to one of the others. lol i assure you that you dont have to worry about them hating you for calling them out like you do me. i dont hate you hope you dont think i do

Post #25   7/8/13 1:35:50AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by george112

LOL again at the above post

3... count em 3 times you have gone into separate threads and quoted something ive said specifically.

Dude im not the only one saying the things I'm saying. respond to one of the others. lol i assure you that you dont have to worry about them hating you for calling them out like you do me. i dont hate you hope you dont think i do

Actually I wasn't quoting you to respond to you. I just thought it was funny that you said 4 of 17 doesn't prove "not all." Its semantic crap and I know what you meant, just having a laugh in good fun.

And of course I don't think you hate me. I certainly don't hate you. This is civil discussion as far as I'm concerned. I sit and bed and type about MMA because I enjoy it, not because I want to start personal fights with people.

My post was actually directed at someone else (Bubbles I believe) who said that Anderson needs another fight to get a rematch. Sorry if I have offended.

EDIT:

Also...

I love your sig. Glad to see we agree about something.

Last edited 7/8/13 1:49AM server time by bjj1605

Post #26   7/8/13 1:48:54AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,185-774
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
And i was poking fun at the coincidence that we had already clashed in 2 separate threads. Your a good guy I know that

Last edited 7/8/13 1:51AM server time by George112

Post #27   7/8/13 1:50:50AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by george112

And i was poking fun at the coincidence that we had already clashed in 2 separate threads. Your a good guy I know that

For what its worth we agree on at least one thing. Its absurd to say anderson threw the fight.

Post #28   7/8/13 2:01:02AM   

finnish_line

In Full Mount

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:
For those who are saying "even GSP had to win a fight before getting a rematch for the title", he beat Hughes for the belt and then lost it immediately to Serra. No defenses.

The better example is Hughes, who had a lot of title defenses and still had to beat Lytle before getting another shot.

Anderson is way beyond both and should get the free pass.

Post #29   7/8/13 9:16:51AM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,395-802
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Personally, I'd like to see Andy fight Chris in a fight that's not fixed.

Honestly though, that fight was bizarre and I think Andy deserves a shot for the same reason people are saying he doesn't deserve a shot. He didn't take the fight seriously.

Post #30   7/8/13 10:49:47AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3