Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Did Weidman win or did Anderson lose?

Print  
Did Weidman win or did Anderson Lose
Weidman won 15 27%
Anderson lost 20 36%
Why cant it be both? 16 29%
Andy took a dive 2 4%
Don King is behind this 3 5%
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:2,023-1,322
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
My comment was onlybbrought on by my vivid memory of our GOAT debate over Fedor/Anderson COUPLED with this one

My bad man. i was just trying to be funny with referencing that EPIC debate

Last edited 7/8/13 1:53AM server time by George112
Edit note/reason: n/a

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #31   7/8/13 1:46:16AM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:5,102-2,926
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by ncordless

When two people compete in something where there is a winner and a loser, one of the wins and one of them loses.

The idea he took a dive is ridiculous. If Anderson was gong to take a dive, he would have tapped to the kneebar, not gotten embarrassed bby getting caught bobbing and then get his head bounced off the campus until he lost consciousness.

Silva ended up looking the fool, but he wasn't being that much of an idiot. Weidman had taken him down and dominated him for most of the first until he went for the kneebar and allowed Silva to escape. Sillva started clowning then, and with good reason and effect. Silva was giving Weidman such big openings on the feet that he could'd pass them up and work for the takedown. That's high risk, high reward. Anderson had a better chance to win the fight on the feet than on his back, So he was keeping the fight on the feet which ended up making it much better for him. But the thing is, leaving yourself that open means just one mistake (or in this case Weidman being smart enough to double up) and it's over.

It was a good fight until it ended, the clowning was definitely tactical, and Weidman did a great job of cutting through it.

This post is right on the money imo.

Post #32   7/8/13 1:51:05AM   

the_01

MMA Regular

the_01 Avatar

Career:487-358
Chips:
Its obvious that Silva was tired and stressed from being the "champion" for so long. It came to a point in which it did not mean anything to him anymore.
He has achieved all his goals, and now its time to move on.
So, I truely believe that Silva gave the fight to Weidman one way or another, and I bet Silva is very happy at the moment.
If silva wants the belt, he will take it easily whenever he wants, but i think he chose to give it to Weidman, as a thank you to America that made him what he is..

Post #33   7/8/13 3:37:00AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by george112

Posted by warglory

Posted by george112

openly took shots to the face???

dude he tried to dodge them by leaning back and he still got punched. maybe underestimated weidmans speed? reach? give weidman some damn credit man silva didnt LET him hit shit.

When he stood up after getting taken down, Chris landed several flush shots to Anderson's face with his hands down. I am pretty sure he let Chris hit him.

Is like you to address the post made Ncordless

I never said Anderson took a dive, in fact I have suggested otherwise in these various threads. It's nothing new for fighters to let others take shots at them, that doesn't mean they are intending to take dives.

Post #34   7/8/13 12:04:26PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:3,159-1,735
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
How does Don King have only 3 votes

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #35   7/8/13 6:28:50PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3