Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Did Weidman win or did Anderson lose?

Print  
Did Weidman win or did Anderson Lose
Weidman won 15 27%
Anderson lost 20 36%
Why cant it be both? 16 29%
Andy took a dive 2 4%
Don King is behind this 3 5%
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:540-380
Chips:
i think silva was gonna lose even without his little salsa dance moves. i kinda hate to see it end like that though. oh well, at least the MW division can move ahead now

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Post #16   7/7/13 2:44:19PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:2,885-1,670
Camp: Fight Ducker
Chips:
why can't it be both?

Sure, Andy gave Weidman the opportunity. But Weidman not only took advantage of the opportunity. He stayed patient & waited for the right one. Most of the times Andy showboated, Weidman just popped a single left jab & stayed away, knowing Silva was trying to bait him. I think that kind of lulled Anderson to sleep & allowed for Chris to land the shot he landed bc Anderson wasn't expecting combos, he was expecting the single jab.

Post #17   7/7/13 3:55:02PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:2,014-1,320
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

why can't it be both?

Sure, Andy gave Weidman the opportunity. But Weidman not only took advantage of the opportunity. He stayed patient & waited for the right one. Most of the times Andy showboated, Weidman just popped a single left jab & stayed away, knowing Silva was trying to bait him. I think that kind of lulled Anderson to sleep & allowed for Chris to land the shot he landed bc Anderson wasn't expecting combos, he was expecting the single jab.

i like your tried to bait him in comment

ive been saying for YEARS on here that Anderson is a counter puncher. And he showboats to get the other guy to punch first. thats why i dont buy the whole he wasnt himself talk.

Anderson wasnt off his normal game. That IS his game plan. just didnt work this time. now he knows

Post #18   7/7/13 4:09:33PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,953-1,167
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by george112

Well i know when he fought Bonnar he was showboating on the fence. i wonder if bonnar would have knocked him out then would yall be saying the same thing

I sure would because it would be the same thing.

Anderson being dumb and acting goofy pisses me off. He's the most skilled fighter in the world and when he wants to fight he can beat anyone.

And you're wrong that he does this in every fight. He's done this before, you're right about that. But he didn't act like this in the vast majority of his fights.

Post #19   7/7/13 4:30:09PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by george112

Well i know when he fought Bonnar he was showboating on the fence. i wonder if bonnar would have knocked him out then would yall be saying the same thing

Anderson being dumb and acting goofy pisses me off. He's the most skilled fighter in the world and when he wants to fight he can beat anyone.

And you're wrong that he does this in every fight. He's done this before, you're right about that. But he didn't act like this in the vast majority of his fights.

your delusional man lol. He does that crap to most everyone once he found out that it was the perfect way to get them to fight HIS fight

Post #20   7/7/13 4:38:15PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by george112

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by george112

your delusional man lol. He does that crap to most everyone once he found out that it was the perfect way to get them to fight HIS fight

He does showboat, but he rarely takes unnecessary shots to the head, in fact, he is known for avoiding damage, but in this fight, particularly the first round, he openly absorbed punches to the face that he welcomed. It was not like Silva to do that.

Post #21   7/7/13 4:46:45PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:
openly took shots to the face???

dude he tried to dodge them by leaning back and he still got punched. maybe underestimated weidmans speed? reach? give weidman some damn credit man silva didnt LET him hit shit.

Post #22   7/7/13 4:49:19PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:2,076-1,211
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
When two people compete in something where there is a winner and a loser, one of the wins and one of them loses.

The idea he took a dive is ridiculous. If Anderson was gong to take a dive, he would have tapped to the kneebar, not gotten embarrassed bby getting caught bobbing and then get his head bounced off the campus until he lost consciousness.

Silva ended up looking the fool, but he wasn't being that much of an idiot. Weidman had taken him down and dominated him for most of the first until he went for the kneebar and allowed Silva to escape. Sillva started clowning then, and with good reason and effect. Silva was giving Weidman such big openings on the feet that he could'd pass them up and work for the takedown. That's high risk, high reward. Anderson had a better chance to win the fight on the feet than on his back, So he was keeping the fight on the feet which ended up making it much better for him. But the thing is, leaving yourself that open means just one mistake (or in this case Weidman being smart enough to double up) and it's over.

It was a good fight until it ended, the clowning was definitely tactical, and Weidman did a great job of cutting through it.

Post #23   7/7/13 5:02:34PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by george112

dude he tried to dodge them by leaning back and he still got punched. maybe underestimated weidmans speed? reach? give weidman some damn credit man silva didnt LET him hit shit.

When he stood up after getting taken down, Chris landed several flush shots to Anderson's face with his hands down. I am pretty sure he let Chris hit him.

Post #24   7/7/13 8:20:40PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by george112

When he stood up after getting taken down, Chris landed several flush shots to Anderson's face with his hands down. I am pretty sure he let Chris hit him.

Is like you to address the post made Ncordless

Post #25   7/7/13 9:08:33PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Chips:
He was clearly letting Chris hit him....there's no denying that.

He stood there with his hands down, not moving his head, patting his chin. Its ludicrous to say otherwise.

I have no delusions about this fight. I take nothing away from Weidman. It was impressive that he didn't get pysched out by Anderson. He did what he had to do and he won fair and square.

That doesn't change the fact that Anderson was acting like an idiot. If he hadn't fought that way, he'd still be the champ.

If anyone has delusions, its you. You're blinded by hate.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Post #26   7/8/13 1:08:29AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

He was clearly letting Chris hit him....there's no denying that.

He stood there with his hands down, not moving his head, patting his chin. Its ludicrous to say otherwise.

I have no delusions about this fight. I take nothing away from Weidman. It was impressive that he didn't get pysched out by Anderson. He did what he had to do and he won fair and square.

That doesn't change the fact that Anderson was acting like an idiot. If he hadn't fought that way, he'd still be the champ.

If anyone has delusions, its you. You're blinded by hate.

ncordless summed it up nicely.

respond to his post

Post #27   7/8/13 1:29:00AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Chips:
I'm not at all claiming that Anderson took a dive so that part isn't relevant.

It might be true that Anderson uses his clowning to get into people's heads, but he only does that against guys he doesn't take seriously. If you look at his best opponents, he hasn't done that with any of them.

The fact of the matter is, he wasn't respecting Chris and Chris made him pay. I'm not taking anything away from Weidman. He punched Anderson in the face when he was fooling around which is exactly what every other opponent should have done. Most of them were too scared of the counter to make a serious effort at it. Chris wasn't shaken.

That doesn't change the fact that Anderson lost because of poor tactics. If he fought Chris again, and fought him seriously (the way he fought Belfort, Hendo, Marquadt, Lutter, Franklin2X, Yushin Okami, Chael 1x) then he will win. No question in my mind.

So ya, chris won for sure. But Anderson also lost the fight for himself. I voted both.

Posted by george112
ncordless summed it up nicely.

respond to his post

Also, his post was responding to an entirely different point. I'm not talking about just the knock out.

You said Anderson wasn't letting him hit him. That he was clowning like he always does. That simply isn't true. He usually doesn't stick his chin out and let people punch him, except against Weidman and Bonnar (which shows you what he thought of Chris.)

Last edited 7/8/13 1:39AM server time by bjj1605
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #28   7/8/13 1:36:07AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:
ummm he did basically NOTHING against belfort. i just watched that fight and they circled for what seemed like forever threw a kick and it was done. Didnt really showcase any skill there if you ask me. it was a quick KO

this debate is getting ridiculous. sparky said it best. i shouldnt even bother.

you hang from Silva's nuts. And I from Fedor's. theres no changing that

EDIT

The reason i said respond to ncordless was because he specifically stated Anderson wasnt acting like that much of an idiot. And YOU said if he hadnt acted like such an idiot he would have won

sooooo yeah it was the same point

Last edited 7/8/13 1:42AM server time by George112
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #29   7/8/13 1:39:50AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by george112

you hang from Silva's nuts.

Sorry but I disagree. I've been heavily critical of him in not only this fight, but others as well.

I think it is a respect issue, despite what Chris says.

If this was JUST tactics, he would do it against the dangerous guys to. And he doesn't.

I'm a lot less of fan after that fight than I was before. As soon as I saw him start to clown I was yelling at the TV. He fucked around and he paid for it. Again, the dude pissed me off and I'm glad he got knocked out.

We don't disagree that he should be criticized. Your criticism just frankly isn't realistic (IMO.) ;)

Post #30   7/8/13 1:42:59AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3