Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Anderson Silva will not be champion again...

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

spang714

MMA Regular

spang714 Avatar

Career:553-331
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
Hopefully we will get a rematch....personally I think Weidman is a damn fine fighter and might defend the strap a few times...IMO...

Post #16   7/7/13 10:47:33AM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:1,969-1,220
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
For people actually gloating about Anderson losing, you are just ridiculous. He got caught showing off, and he lost. If he stopped the taunting, Anderson had Weidman exactly where he wanted him. The fight was going to be done within that round or next. I am even starting to begin to think this was fixed because Anderson is too smart to think he needed to continue that behavior. I think the whole point of that, was to throw Weidman off and he did that, as Chris wasn't throwing any takedowns anymore.

To think Weidman would win the rematch is laughable. I am with HOT and agree Anderson wins the rematch. I will also bet my avatar on it as well, that Anderson would win.

Last edited 7/7/13 12:04PM server time by joewarren33
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #17   7/7/13 11:47:55AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,495-875
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Ya I'll throw into that pot as well.

If anyone else is willing to take Weidman, I will av bet on Anderson.

Post #18   7/7/13 4:11:07PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,205-781
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Ya I'll throw into that pot as well.

If anyone else is willing to take Weidman, I will av bet on Anderson.

ive never made an av bet and ive only had less then 4 avs the whole time ive been here.

with that being said im so confident in weidman that i will take this bet gladly. Anderson is a fraud imo and its about time he was exposed

Post #19   7/7/13 4:14:16PM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:1,969-1,220
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Anderson is a fraud imo and its about time he was exposed

A fraud?

Post #20   7/7/13 4:22:35PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JoeWarren33

A fraud?

Yeah the biggest imo.

Dead serious. Best guys hes ever beat are belfort and hendo.

the rest are one dimensional fighters who were easy targets for anderson.

Just because the guy taunts and acts so cocky he gets touted as the GOAT bullshit. someone who cant defend a takedown who is only good at one thing is NOT the GOAT

Post #21   7/7/13 4:33:21PM   

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,436-881
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by JoeWarren33

A fraud?

I'm with you. A fraud? seriously? What, did he just manage to get really lucky 33 times so far in his career, and 16 times consecutively against UFC level fighters? Really? By god, he must have had a 4 leaf clover hidden in his shorts or a leprechaun that owed him a ton of favors for him to have gotten lucky with such consistency for the past 7 years.

Last edited 7/7/13 4:38PM server time by ufc_fanatic
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #22   7/7/13 4:37:49PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by george112

Posted by JoeWarren33

A fraud?

Yeah the biggest imo.

Dead serious. Best guys hes ever beat are belfort and hendo.

the rest are one dimensional fighters who were easy targets for anderson.

Just because the guy taunts and acts so cocky he gets touted as the GOAT bullshit. someone who cant defend a takedown who is only good at one thing is NOT the GOAT

Wow man, I am pretty sure you have been watching MMA long enough to not believe the clap trap you typed.

Post #23   7/7/13 4:41:12PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

Posted by JoeWarren33

A fraud?

I'm with you. A fraud? seriously? What, did he just manage to get really lucky 33 times so far in his career, and 16 times consecutively against UFC level fighters? Really? By god, he must have had a 4 leaf clover hidden in his shorts or a leprechaun that owed him a ton of favors for him to have gotten lucky with such consistency for the past 7 years.

standing by what i said.
he's good. but he has a glaring weakness. and the ufc NEVER gave him a person who was a bad match up for him other then MAYBE hendo and belfort and DEFINITELY Sonnen and Weidman

He beat sonnen fair and square ill him that one.
then we go throught the POINTLESS fights with nobody lhw who didn't have a snowballs chance in hell to beat anderson. Then we get to weidman and he takes it to him.
he got the takedown he landed his shots. He was patient and he won. I now know anderson has a suspect chin now as well. The shot that dropped him wasnt a power shot.

yall are suckers for the taunting lol

Post #24   7/7/13 4:43:10PM   

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,436-881
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by cmvideo75

Flashy G is right on with his post. I think the showboating was all because of the first 3 minutes. Anderson realized that this wasn't Chael on top of him in this fight and went into idiot mode to try to bait Weidman into a stand up fight, which he did.

He probably felt that he is the best striker in MMA and he would clown Weidman like he has so many others with the showboating. Only he got caught. And it was beautiful.

I agree with Prozac too.. I think Machida moves down and takes the belt eventually. If Jones is sticking around at LHW, Machida will drop now that his boy is out of the way.

I could definitely see Machida dropping and taking that belt eventually since he has always been a smaller LHW and I'm certain he could make the weight cut with very little trouble. However, a drop still presents a problem in regards to fighting team mates. Jacare is a team mate of his if I'm not mistaken. Not only that, but he is a highly ranked team mate who could be as close as just 1 win from a title shot. A Machida drop could complicate everything for them. That said, it's going to be really interesting to see how things play out over the next year or so.

Post #25   7/7/13 4:44:32PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by george112

This right here tells me everything I need to know about your biases.

Glad I can stop caring at all about your opinions on Anderson now.

Post #26   7/8/13 1:13:42AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:
lol at the above post

funny how someone who had stopped posting so much comes out of the wood work to make excuses FOR Anderson.

Id say we both have OPINIONS of Anderson, not biases like you say

Post #27   7/8/13 1:31:40AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by george112

lol at the above post

funny how someone who had stopped posting so much comes out of the wood work to make excuses FOR Anderson.

I'm really not defending him though. Just criticizing him in a different way.

And the reason I stopped (and started) posting has nothing to do with Anderson or any other fighter. I'm in grad school and its hard for me to get on here to post. I'm still active in my camp but I just don't have time to talk to you folks as much.

Summer class ended for me on July 3rd and this was the first fight since then.

Anyway, its good to see you again too.

Post #28   7/8/13 1:45:53AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by george112

lol at the above post

I'm really not defending him though. Just criticizing him in a different way.

And the reason I stopped (and started) posting has nothing to do with Anderson or any other fighter. I'm in grad school and its hard for me to get on here to post. I'm still active in my camp but I just don't have time to talk to you folks as much.

Summer class ended for me on July 3rd and this was the first fight since then.

Anyway, its good to see you again too.

Dont take it so personal man. Your my favorite guy to debate with. i didnt mean anything by my comment. honestly

Post #29   7/8/13 1:48:23AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by george112

Dont take it so personal man. Your my favorite guy to debate with. i didnt mean anything by my comment. honestly

Not taking it personally at all. As you said, I've been gone for a while. It just so happens that my return to the forums coincided with a major historical event for the sport.

Any over zealousness or excessive enthusiasm is directed at the topic and not you or any other poster.

It just so happens that we are posting in the same threads and disagree on this topic.

For what its worth, I don't really think we've debated that often because I remember agreeing with you on most things. Doesn't mean we have to match up 100% (that would be boring.)

Post #30   7/8/13 1:59:42AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3