Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Bobbin' and Weave, End . .. . the GIF EDIT: Now with Shoops!!

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

cmvideo75

Learning to Sprawl

cmvideo75 Avatar

Career:372-226
Chips:
'He underestimated Chris Weidman and paid dearly for it.'

I don't think that's necessarily true. I think in the past he was clowning guys and then that became a somewhat effective tool for him as it psyched guys out. But in this case, I think after the first 3 minutes, he went into that mode to try to bait Weidman into a stand up fight. And it worked. Only Weidman didn't lose composure. Awesome.

Anderson probably rightfully felt he is the supreme striker in MMA and if he can keep any fight standing on it's feet, he'd end it. Got a bit too cocky.

Look at how his boy Machida fights... circle and run the whole fight stricly trying to create angles to land that one perfect counter. Anderson doesn't run, he showboats to try to create that opening and has always been able to capitilize on it until last night.

Last edited 7/7/13 9:43AM server time by cmvideo75
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #16   7/7/13 9:41:52AM   

spang714

MMA Regular

spang714 Avatar

Career:685-392
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
Im not buying the "fixed" nonsense...doesnt seem like the new champ is getting the credit he deserves....guess it doesnt matter...hes got the belt...WEIDMAN WAR WAGON!!!!

Post #17   7/7/13 10:42:57AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by spang714

Im not buying the "fixed" nonsense...doesnt seem like the new champ is getting the credit he deserves....guess it doesnt matter...hes got the belt...WEIDMAN WAR WAGON!!!!

I agree. Weidman did his job, and is the champ. He deserves everyone's respect.

Post #18   7/7/13 11:29:07AM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:2,290-1,399
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Why would he keep the showboating going if he already had Chris where he wanted him?
He says after fight he has 10 fights left, he doesn't want the belt, and he is going to spend most his time in Brazil. Also he loves USA?
Don't get what happened last night. Still trying to digest this b.s!!

Last edited 7/7/13 12:09PM server time by joewarren33
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #19   7/7/13 12:07:41PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,618-946
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by spang714

I agree. Weidman did his job, and is the champ. He deserves everyone's respect.

I mean...he's the champ for sure. He did everything he had to do. Anderson was acting like a clown and Weidman made him pay for it.

But in a lot of ways it would have been much more satisfying to see Anderson lose in a more decisive fashion. People will always say now that it was a freak accident and that Anderson lost only because of his shenanigans.

A 2-4 beat down followed by a submission finish would have been a better way for Weidman to start his reign as champion.

This just feels sour and anti-climatic.

Post #20   7/7/13 4:16:26PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,539-904
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

I mean...he's the champ for sure. He did everything he had to do. Anderson was acting like a clown and Weidman made him pay for it.

But in a lot of ways it would have been much more satisfying to see Anderson lose in a more decisive fashion. People will always say now that it was a freak accident and that Anderson lost only because of his shenanigans.

A 2-4 beat down followed by a submission finish would have been a better way for Weidman to start his reign as champion.

This just feels sour and anti-climatic.

Post #21   7/7/13 4:36:03PM   

backalley101

bARE pALM bOMBS

backalley101 Avatar

Career:2,159-1,331
Chips:

Posted by spang714

Post #22   7/7/13 5:43:46PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by Franklinfan47

He got reckless, which isn't the same as throwing a fight. I think all that talk is BS as well tbh.

The fact that Weidman wasnt intimidated by Silva's clowning is an achievement in itself. Remember how Bonnar, Sonnen, Maia responded to that???

Agreed, this "fixed/thrown fight" nonsense is ridiculous and I expect better from members here.

Anderson wasn't doing anything he hasn't done a dozen times before, the only thing different this time is that he got caught and paid the price. It could happen to anyone, the greatest of all time included.

Adrenaline nails it!

Post #23   7/7/13 10:21:47PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2