Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Fedor vs Barnett. Who do u think takes it?

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
i think if josh worked on his stand up a lot it could be a very close fight cuz everyone knows he can handle is own on the ground.. i wouldn't mind him losing a little bit of weight either

who else are possible opponents fedor might beat that will challenge him in 07?

Sergei Kharitonov (if he has a good year)
Josh Barnett ( if he decides to face him )
Noguera ( don't think its going to happen )

i really cant think of anyone else at the moment..

Post #16   1/29/07 1:54:04PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

If Josh Barnett had body position the way Mark Hunt did in Fedors last match,

IMO Josh would have been able to sink the keylock. I think Josh has a 40% chance of beating Fedor.

Josh would of sunk that kimura like there was no tomorrow and that would of been the end of Fedor's reign. Luckily for Fedor when he finally does make such a big mistake he has Hunt on top of him rather than a Nog or Josh or even someone like Sergei or Werdum.

That kimura was in pretty damn deep and it's a shame it was slightly out of position. I didn't get too excited at the time as you could tell Fedor had it under control to an extent and hunt didn't have the hand/wrist close enough to the body to cause some damage.

Post #17   1/29/07 2:07:24PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

i think if josh worked on his stand up a lot it could be a very close fight cuz everyone knows he can handle is own on the ground.. i wouldn't mind him losing a little bit of weight either

who else are possible opponents fedor might beat that will challenge him in 07?

Sergei Kharitonov (if he has a good year)
Josh Barnett ( if he decides to face him )
Noguera ( don't think its going to happen )

i really cant think of anyone else at the moment..[/QUOTE

I think Werdum also has a really good chance if he can take Fedor to the ground. His BJJ rivaled Nog's in there match and that was damn close, whereas the Sergei fight was even closer.

He has some really good wins and even beat some decent opponents in his first few fights and alot of people are not giving him enough credit.

Post #18   1/29/07 2:12:27PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
you're right!
i could have given decision to werdum instead of big nog in that fight

Post #19   1/29/07 2:33:29PM   

the-james

Standup Guy

the-james Avatar

Career:891-471
Chips:
if anyone in pride can beat Fedor its barnett, but unfortunatly i dont thin kanyone can

Post #20   1/29/07 2:41:53PM   

Moneymakers911

Learning to Sprawl

Moneymakers911 Avatar

Career:85-56
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
Its hard to say if Barnett didnt have the massive body i would say its a easy win for fedor. Not saying that fedor wouldnt win anyway, but if Barnett was smaller it would help. Because i feel that is Barnetts best weapon using he mass to lay on fighters and make them waste their energy trying to control him. In Barnett's fight with CroCop Barnett closed the distance and laid on Mirko most of the fight and wore him down and barely lost by decision. CroCop didnt take Barnetts size into his game plan cuz he has fought guys his size before but nobody that has used their weight in that manner. I would say that Big Nog or CroCop would be the best matches for Fedor. Fedor would probably win by GnP if anything

Post #21   1/29/07 2:46:29PM   

Spiderman

MMA Regular

Spiderman Avatar

Career:72-42
Chips:
Fedor Ko RD 1 . Fedor has better strikeing , and his takedowns are much stronger than Barnetts . I See Barnett getting Peppered with shots early than taken down with Fedor finishing him with punchs from the gaurd ! I think this will be the first time Barnett isnt in a fight , and he gets blown away .

Imo The only fighter who currently can go the distance [ 20 minutes ] with a Healthy Fedor [ No broken hands ] Is Nog . Nog Has a better chance of beating him if they fight again , because he improved his standup , but more importently he increased his size and strength , and Improved his wrestling takedowns , and Reversals from the bottom . We allready saw that haveing Fedor in your gaurd dosent work , but Nog will be looking to be on top this time , and he may have some success this time .

Post #22   1/29/07 4:34:34PM   

CurledUpAndDead

Learning to Sprawl

Career:11-6
Chips:
Fedor takes this one easily. He'll take down/knock down Barnett repeatedly for 3 rounds. Doubt he'll pound him unconscious because Josh is a tough cookie, but Fedor will easily control position for 3 rounds.

Last edited 1/29/07 5:28PM server time by CurledUpAndDead
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #23   1/29/07 5:28:05PM   

slammadowg

Deactivated

Career:11-6
Chips:
Fedor by whatever he wants.

Barnett is and awesome fighter and he's slowly creeping up my favourites list but i just dont think he is on the level that fedor is.

Post #24   1/30/07 12:19:04AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
I think Barnett has the best chance out of anyone in Pride, but I don't see him being able to pull it off. Fedor is quicker on the feet and a better technical striker, and Barnetts big weapon, leglocks a-la Erik Paulsson, are Fedor's bread and butter. I think best case senario for Barnett is a decision, and worse case, he gets caught last in the first and either GnPed out or subbed.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #25   1/30/07 1:07:06AM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Career:152-97
Chips:
Fedor

Post #26   1/30/07 3:24:37AM   

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Career:34-26
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:

Posted by shackle

Fedor

tantilizing argument

Post #27   1/31/07 12:53:40PM   

OchoCinco

MMA Regular

OchoCinco Avatar

Career:1,113-695
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Barnett wouldn't have a chance.

Post #28   1/31/07 8:09:40PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Rampage is the Chad Johnson of MMA Ocho.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #29   1/31/07 8:12:51PM   

zombiejesus

Learning to Sprawl

zombiejesus Avatar

Career:467-250
Chips:
If I had to pick one person to beat him it would be Barnett. I think Fedor is still a strong favorite, but Barnett has the skills to beat anyone. Of course Fedor isn'y just anyone.

Post #30   1/31/07 8:31:21PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3