Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Who takes the rematch?

Print  
Who takes the rematch
Anderson Silva 30 75%
Chris Weidman 10 25%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Adam_Buru

MMA Regular

Adam_Buru Avatar

Career:1,257-871
Camp: Ninja Jiu Jitsu
Chips:
Either Weidman hits incredibly hard or Silva's chin is very weak. That shot that knocked him down had almost no backlift. Just a short little hook. But Silva went down like a sack of sh*t.

I'd take Weidman in the rematch. The guy is no joke. I think a KO like that will play heavy on Silva's mentality and mess with his confidence. The guy looked like a shadow of his normal self at the post fight press conference.

Weidman looked great in the first half of the first round. He was even more impressive than Sonnen looked in that small spell. I fully believe Weidman would dominate a rematch.

Post #16   7/7/13 2:28:17AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,510-1,592
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I think it's a pointless argument. There is no question in the slightest on who won, no controversy at all. Silva is no longer wanting to fight for a belt, I think he will move on to only Superfights...Roy Jones Jr, GSP, Jon Jones.

Post #17   7/7/13 4:04:16AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

I think it's a pointless argument. There is no question in the slightest on who won, no controversy at all. Silva is no longer wanting to fight for a belt, I think he will move on to only Superfights...Roy Jones Jr, GSP, Jon Jones.

I agree there isn't as much money in it holding the belt.

Post #18   7/7/13 10:43:04AM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:730-442
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by sbulldavid

Posted by warglory

Anderson Silva was wrecking Weidman. I am confident in saying that Silva lost because he honestly didn't want to be champ anymore, and I think he is 100% serious about not wanting a rematch.

This right here....Machida now makes the drop to 185

YES! I would be so happy if this happened. Machida always carried around a little much weight imo and he would destroy everyone at MW Silva should try his hand at LHW.

On topic - Silva takes the rematch if he wants it. I bet Weidman can't defend his belt 11 times, and neither will anyone else, ever.

Post #19   7/7/13 10:29:45PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2