Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

SECONDARY LEAGUE POLL

Print  
Should the Secondary League be changed?
I enjoy it the way it is. 29 78%
The e-mailer is right. 8 22%
  Page 5 of 5   <<   2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

LooseCannon

Standup Guy

LooseCannon Avatar

Career:1,526-879
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
I agree 100% with BillsNewAccount. There are many good televised fights on AXS TV that should
be on League 2. Most recently well known Matt "Danger" Schnell lost a good close decision with hometown Elias Garcia in the opening bout & the co-main of 2 undefeated fighters "The Alter Boy" vs "The Librarian" in Freeman-Lindsey. I suggested both to Fleek, neither made the cut.

This upcoming XFC card on Friday looks to have several good fights on it, but only the Main Event squash match & an untelevised prelim of John Cofer are on it. Bellator & WEC vetetan with 65 pro fights Luis Santos and the co-main with Reggie Pena, who finished UFC veteran John Salter in his last outing, would've been great additions to the L2 event.

Last edited 6/11/13 2:06PM server time by loosecannon
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #61   6/11/13 1:35:17PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,245-1,185
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by LooseCannon

I agree 100% with BillsNewAccount. There are many good televised fights on AXS TV that should
be on League 2. Most recently well known Matt "Danger" Schnell lost a good close decision with hometown Elias Garcia in the opening bout & the co-main of 2 undefeated fighters "The Alter Boy" vs "The Librarian" in Freeman-Lindsey. I suggested both to Fleek, neither made the cut.

This upcoming XFC card on Friday looks to have several good fights on it, but only the Main Event squash match & an untelevised prelim of John Cofer are on it. Bellator & WEC vetetan with 65 pro fights Luis Santos and the co-main with Reggie Pena, who finished UFC veteran John Salter in his last outing, would've been great additions to the L2 event.

To be fair, I personally don't know who he is and out of all the people that send me L2 updates and fight requests, you are the only one to request that the fight be added.

All I went by was his 2-0 record. I don't have the time to do extensive research on every single fighter that is suggested.

Post #62   6/11/13 2:14:55PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,245-1,185
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by LooseCannon

To be fair, I personally don't know who he is and out of all the people that send me L2 updates and fight requests, you are the only one to request that the fight be added.

All I went by was his 2-0 record. I don't have the time to do extensive research on every single fighter that is suggested.

Post #63   6/11/13 2:15:28PM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Shawn91111

I don't think anyone here believes Fleek is picking the fights he feels most confident about but I don't think there should be a member picking fights based soley on whether or not the fighter had a name.

I'd rather be picking new talent than washed-up has-beens. It seems silly to me to still be picking Baroni fights when he hasn't been good in over a decade. The same goes for freak shows like Bob Lashley.

My guess is most people would like to pick fights they can watch and I don't think a 30 man vote is indicative of what the thousands of playgrounders want.

I understand why the league was setup the way it is now but I think it's time for a change.

So a vote isnt the way to go, but your guess is the way to go on what 'most' people feel?

Easy there Tiger, a vote on a thread most people don't know exists doesn't seem like a fair way of deciding policy. I don't know how everyone else feels but I'd think most casual playgrounders would prefer making picks of televised bouts. That's why I suggested moving the vote to the main page.

Sure thing Muffin, but most casual playgrounders do not play L2

Prolly because they don't care about bouts they can't watch or follow Sugar Lips ;)

Yea Im going to bet thats not the reason friendo

I think most everyone is making some good points, but on the last point Im going to say the reason a majority don't play the secondary league is because even though to us all of MMA is a huge thing, in all actuality most fans are UFC fans and not MMA fans.

Post #64   6/12/13 2:58:17AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Playground_Samurai

I think most everyone is making some good points, but on the last point Im going to say the reason a majority don't play the secondary league is because even though to us all of MMA is a huge thing, in all actuality most fans are UFC fans and not MMA fans.

to be fair, thats the way with most pro sports

most MLB fans don't watch the minor leagues, college or Japan league baseball
most NHL fans don't watch the AHL, KHL, CHL (which composes of OHL, QMJHL, WHL), or NCAA hockey
most NBA fans don't watch the D-league, WNBA or the Spanish or Chinese leagues
most NFL fans don't watch the CFL or the XFL or NFL Europe when both existed
most car racing fans in North America watch Nascar, not F1 or Indy or drag racing

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #65   6/13/13 1:52:02PM   

Page 5 of 5   <<   2     3     4     5