Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Photos: Ronny Markes pulled from UFC on FUEL TV 10 following car accident

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:2,006-1,108
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
FORTALEZA, Brazil – A morning car accident while driving Ronny Markes to a location to cut weight is to blame for the fighter being out of Saturday's UFC on FUEL TV 10 event, manager Andre Pederneiras said.

Markes (14-1 MMA, 3-0 UFC) was scheduled to face Derek Brunson (10-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC) on the preliminary card of the event, which takes place at Paulo Sarasate Arena in Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil. But the accident left the 25-year-old Markes, fighting in his home country, with injuries – and a brief loss of consciousness – that ruled him out of the fight.

Link

Post #1   6/7/13 9:20:55PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,361-1,266
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Seems pretty fishy. Is that a banned Pretorian shirt

Dana is sending a message

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #2   6/7/13 10:41:13PM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,702-1,448
Chips:
He could still beat Brunson

Post #3   6/8/13 3:48:54AM   

SpiderSilva

1/31/15 a Legend returns

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,904-1,184
Chips:
why does he have a neck brace on in the car? Did he get back in to takea pic?wtf?

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #4   6/8/13 9:34:53AM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,554-840
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

why does he have a neck brace on in the car? Did he get back in to takea pic?wtf?

Umm, generally speaking anyone considered to have a potential neck injury is placed in an immobilizing brace before they are extricated from a vehicle. It helps diminish the risk of further injury. You can still see the person in the back seat manually immobilizing his neck as well. Standard operating procedure, I assure you.

Post #5   6/8/13 3:31:08PM