Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Couture: Getting banned from son's UFC corner was 'over the line'

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:1,969-1,220
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Both Dana and Randy have done some stupid things, but I gotta say Dana needs to just relax and allow Ryan's father to be in his corner when he fights.
Obviously Dana has some serious beef with Randy, but jesus, just get over it already.

Post #16   6/8/13 11:25:14AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by frizzzlecake

Posted by VILLIN

I must be a complete asshole because I agree with Dana in this case and would've done the same.

Randy was heavily promoted by the UFC and was given a role of high public visibility. You can bet your left nut that Spike/Bellator will be milking Randy's status for all it is worth, a status that the UFC built and marketed. A fighter's corner crew are highly visible on tv/ppv and it is a sound business decision to not give your competitor free camera time & publicity. Randy is a businessman and for him to claim that the UFC's response was over the line or at all surprising smacks of naivety and stupidity.

Randy made his choice and he chose to put his own interests ahead of his son's and the company that made him a millionaire.

I get some of your points, but how many cornermen outside the top training center's get talked about on the UFC programs?. Dana could have very well told Goldie and Joe do not to talk about Couture and let him corner his son. I've seen plenty of Bellator fighter's cornering UFC guy's not get there names called for that reason. Randy did a lot for the UFC and without him imagine the heavyweight division during early 2000s.

For instance the guy George Roop pulled into the cage and pretended to elbow, he did the same thing to George on Bellator, Joe knew that but never said Bellator just said they've done it before.

it's also very easy for the guys behind the scenes to not air Ryan's corner between rounds

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #17   6/13/13 1:03:05PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2