Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Now free and unfiltered, Jon Fitch hoping to thrive with a promotion that pushes him instead of holding him back

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

bigrand826

MMA Regular

bigrand826 Avatar

Career:833-506
Chips:

Posted by JoeWarren33

I laughed my ass reading the title of post. Jon Fitch and Gsp should start their own Org. Keep those types of fighters together and far away from the Ufc and other big Orgs.

Along with Joe Warren. I laughed my ass off when I realized who posted this comment. I just find it funny that Joe Warren has this opinion. I saw someone else make a similar comment to a Joe Warren reply about a similar topic a while back.

Last edited 5/30/13 7:19AM server time by bigrand826
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   5/30/13 7:18:55AM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Finish someone already

Akihiro Gono - Not submitted since 1996, Sonnen couldn't beat him, Lombard couldn't finish him, even beat Mousassi
Ben Saunders - Finished twice in 23 fights.
Paulo Thiago - Handed him his first pro loss, only been finished once in his 8 year career.
Mike Pierce - Not finished in 21 fights, Hendricks nor Koscheck finished him
Thiago Alves - Not subbed for 7 years, only KO loss was by... Oh yeah Jon Fitch!

If he was fighting the Papy Abedi's and David Mitchells I could understand why he would be cut for not getting finishes. The fact is he beat elite Welterweights with a gameplan they had no answer for, the reality is that gameplan nobody found enjoyable to watch. It wasn't his job to finish fights, it's his job to compete in mixed martial arts. If the opponent's listed above had better takedown defence we might have seen exciting fights, the reality was his opponents should be cut for not being successful mixed martial artists than him being cut for being a boring fighter.

Every opponent knew what they were getting in for, and the fact they ended up on there back was there fault, not his.

As Bythar said, he's a top tier fighter, and the UFC are being very immature by not keeping him in the roster. Cut his pay or shove him on the facebooks but to not even have him in your company is a BS move.

He was 1-2-1 in his last 4 fights in the UFC, he didnt sell tickets and a lot of people dislike him because of his style. All the guys you mentioned he finished over 6 years ago. He hasnt finished a fight since 2007. If he was 1-2-1 but was KO'ing guys and putting fans in the stands he probably would still be around.

Post #17   5/30/13 9:03:03AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,989-1,158
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
sell tickets ?

The guys that sell tickets are the guy's the UFC backs and put into those roles. Sure Fitch's fights can be boring, but so are GSP's and GSP is a marketing machine for a plethora of reasons, but i do think top 10 fighters should get more of a push from their company, Fitch really never got that, I see no reason why he wouldn't be able to headline an FX or Fuel card, Those shows still only bringing in 8-12 thousand people a show, so currently they're not selling a shitload of tickets anyways.

if you put together a solid enough card from the prelims up, i don't give a shit if the headliner is Vera vs Sylvia people will still pay. To me it's the fights that sell the cards not A Single Fighter..........Now boxing is different story, majority of ppl only give a shit about the main event.

Post #18   5/30/13 10:57:00AM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
I'm sorry, I may be the minority on this one, but I am glad he is gone. I'll leave it at that. We could argue all these good points back and forth all day. I see both sides of the debate.

Post #19   5/30/13 11:21:26AM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Finish someone already

Akihiro Gono - Not submitted since 1996, Sonnen couldn't beat him, Lombard couldn't finish him, even beat Mousassi
Ben Saunders - Finished twice in 23 fights.
Paulo Thiago - Handed him his first pro loss, only been finished once in his 8 year career.
Mike Pierce - Not finished in 21 fights, Hendricks nor Koscheck finished him
Thiago Alves - Not subbed for 7 years, only KO loss was by... Oh yeah Jon Fitch!

If he was fighting the Papy Abedi's and David Mitchells I could understand why he would be cut for not getting finishes. The fact is he beat elite Welterweights with a gameplan they had no answer for, the reality is that gameplan nobody found enjoyable to watch. It wasn't his job to finish fights, it's his job to compete in mixed martial arts. If the opponent's listed above had better takedown defence we might have seen exciting fights, the reality was his opponents should be cut for not being successful mixed martial artists than him being cut for being a boring fighter.

Every opponent knew what they were getting in for, and the fact they ended up on there back was there fault, not his.

As Bythar said, he's a top tier fighter, and the UFC are being very immature by not keeping him in the roster. Cut his pay or shove him on the facebooks but to not even have him in your company is a BS move.

He was 1-2-1 in his last 4 fights in the UFC, he didnt sell tickets and a lot of people dislike him because of his style. All the guys you mentioned he finished over 6 years ago. He hasnt finished a fight since 2007. If he was 1-2-1 but was KO'ing guys and putting fans in the stands he probably would still be around.

Yeah, but he's lost to the number 1 and 2 contenders in the devision, he also had a fight of the night in one of those matches and the draw should have been a win. It made the UFC look like and entertainment league rather than a serious fight promotion when they cut him. Also Maynard is now 1-2-1 in his last 4 fights. Does that mean he's going to get cut? Some of his fights are mirror images of Fitch's.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #20   5/30/13 3:13:08PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2