Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Michael Bisping Responds To Luke Rockhold: “Win a Fight in the UFC Then We Can Talk”

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,937-1,077
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
It didn’t take UFC middleweight Michael “The Count” Bisping long to respond to Luke Rockhold’s challenge via Twitter on Tuesday.

Link

Post #1   5/29/13 1:13:49AM   

traveller77

MMA Regular

traveller77 Avatar

Career:1,063-523
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Rockhold is playing this all wrong. He needs an impressive win in the UFC to gain fans that didnt follow strikeforce. You have to market yourself and you can guarantee that the UFC wants Rockhold to do well too. I think he would have been thrown a matchup that his chances were very good in his next fight. I respect that he wants to fight the best but he should be smart, let Joe Silva pick his next one and he can deal with Bisping after he's KTFO someone a little easier. Unlike Belfort, Rockhold has too much testosterone.

Post #2   5/29/13 5:49:49AM   

Bythar

MMA Regular

Bythar Avatar

Career:1,824-954
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by traveler77

Rockhold is playing this all wrong. He needs an impressive win in the UFC to gain fans that didnt follow strikeforce. You have to market yourself and you can guarantee that the UFC wants Rockhold to do well too. I think he would have been thrown a matchup that his chances were very good in his next fight. I respect that he wants to fight the best but he should be smart, let Joe Silva pick his next one and he can deal with Bisping after he's KTFO someone a little easier. Unlike Belfort, Rockhold has too much testosterone.

Gotta disagree here. I don't think it should be any mma fighters strategy to fight weaker competition. The best way to sharpen your skills and become elite has got to be to train for and to fight against the elite.

Post #3   5/29/13 7:15:59AM   

OnyxShadow

Fearless Leader

OnyxShadow Avatar

Career:2,001-967
Camp: World Top Team
Chips:
Rockhold has the best win (Souza is better than anyone Bisping has beaten...although Bisping has many quality wins) and the more impressive credentials (champion). This should be a fight Bisping should want...unless he doesn't think his chances of winning are very good.

Post #4   5/29/13 9:26:59AM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
I think it would end up being a good fight. They both lost to Vitor. However, with Bisping coming off a win and Rockhold coming off a lose, I'd rather see Rockhold fight someone else and get his feet wet in the UFC. I'd like to see Bispings next match up be against Rich Franklin.

Post #5   5/29/13 10:40:55AM   

TheCatFather

Standup Guy

TheCatFather Avatar

Career:2,001-1,351
Camp: BedlamMMA
Chips:
Rockhold vs. Bisping is a quality fight, Bisping has yet to beat a quality contender, he has fought a bunch but has come up short 5 times and Rockhold even with his one big win over Jacare, he still hasn't even fought anybody of quality, I mean Tim Kennedy, Keith Jardine and Paul Bradley compared to wins over Brian Stann, Dan Miller and Matt Hamill. I think they are both going to end up being those long journeymen fighters who are used to test young up and coming talent. I say let them fight and the winner gets a life long job of being some young up and comers final test.

Last edited 5/29/13 10:42AM server time by thecatfather
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   5/29/13 10:41:41AM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,978-1,663
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Someone call Chainsaw Charles McCarthy.

Post #7   5/29/13 3:05:09PM