Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Jon Fitch says TRT is a ‘joke’ devised to re-boost the testosterone of past steroid users

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Michael Bisping says it's "cheating," Vitor Belfort and Chael Sonnen are on it and Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White says he will "test the shit" out of fighters who need it.

Of course, I'm talking about the highly-debated and always controversial testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) that seems to be constantly grabbing mixed martial arts (MMA) media headlines.

Now, former No. 1 UFC welterweight contender, Jon Fitch, is giving his take on the issue, labeling the treatment a "joke." Furthermore, Fitch has come to the conclusion that TRT is simply a way to allow former steroid abusers to re-boost their testosterone.

The former Purdue Boilermaker also calls "bullshit" on any MMA fighter using the age-old excuse that they need the treatment in order to complete with the younger fighters.

Using himself as a prime example, the 35-year old says his testosterone levels are just as good as any of the young stars of today thanks to the simple fact that he didn't "wreck" his body with any performance enhancing drugs (PEDs).

Speaking to Fight Hub TV, Fitch touched on TRT as well as looked ahead to his debut with World Series of Fighting (WSOF) and talked about his sudden and unexpected release from the UFC ranks.

"HA! TRT? It is a joke. This is devised to let guys who have used steroids in their past re-boost their testosterone since they abused their bodies when they were younger. The guys using it, the ones who use the excuse of, ‘I am too old to compete with young guys,' - that's bulls***! I am 35 years old, and I promise, I would and will bet money that my testosterone levels are just as good as a younger fighter. You know why? Because I have not wrecked my body with steroids, never used ANY type of PED and train healthy and properly to compete."

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   5/24/13 3:30:09PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
I agree 100%

Post #2   5/24/13 4:51:51PM   

KingCmb

Standup Guy

KingCmb Avatar

Career:935-862
Chips:
I disagree 100% I see no way we can paint with a broad brush here some guys maybe others not so much

Post #3   5/24/13 7:07:36PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:999-575
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I agree that TRT is a joke, but disagree that it is only due to previous use of juice. I could be wrong, but chronic weight cutting, especially in those who began very early in their lives, can have an impact on testosterone later in life. For these guys who are still cutting weight I can only imagine that they are susceptible for low t earlier than most men.

Post #4   5/24/13 10:40:16PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
So is Fitch’s weirdo Vegan Diet

Post #5   5/25/13 2:36:05AM