Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fight Path: After father's death, undefeated Mark Cherico ultimately found MMA

Print  
Posted By Message

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
The Junkie

From his upbringing in a small Italian community in Pittsburgh – complete with the smallish houses, mountains of food and family-run businesses – Mark Cherico was very familiar with support with no questions asked.

Granted, he had experienced a difficult period in his life with some poor decisions, but that only came after losing his father to colon cancer when he was in the sixth grade. By the time he was in his early 20s, he got another dose of that unconditional support, and it came at the right time.

"Right after high school, I was working at a Giant Eagle as a prep cook, and I thought I would end up doing culinary arts," Cherico told MMAjunke.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I got off work one day, and my neighbor was coming out of his truck with a big bag of gear.

"I asked him what it was for, for boxing or something? He said he trained mixed martial arts. I knew about it, and I thought it sounded like it would be good to try. He said, 'OK, I'll meet you in your garage in an hour.'"

Post #1   5/23/13 9:53:59PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
I posted a story about his upcoming fight with Donny Walker being stopped buy the PAAC but the fight is back on! I wish Mark all the best he seems like a real good guy, from what I can tell talkoing to him here and there.

Post #2   5/23/13 9:56:06PM