Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Your REAL Friday night weapon of choice.

Print  
  Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

I actually thought the drinking thread was about weapons, so I figured I'd start a weapons thread. Does anyone carry anything for protection when heading out to town or somewhere potentially dangerous? My typical carry set- up is:

A Sig P229 .40 Cal
A Berreta Tomcat .32 cal
A Cold Steel Recon with straight edge and tanto point
A Blackjack

You are paranoid.

I dont carry anything other than my hands. There is no need for guns or knives. Besides, if you are actully going anywhere classy you wont even get into these places with any weapons, because they search and dont allow clientelle that look like thugs in.

Post #46   4/2/07 12:33:26PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by Svartorm

I actually thought the drinking thread was about weapons, so I figured I'd start a weapons thread. Does anyone carry anything for protection when heading out to town or somewhere potentially dangerous? My typical carry set- up is:

A Sig P229 .40 Cal
A Berreta Tomcat .32 cal
A Cold Steel Recon with straight edge and tanto point
A Blackjack

You are paranoid.

I dont carry anything other than my hands. There is no need for guns or knives. Besides, if you are actully going anywhere classy you wont even get into these places with any weapons, because they search and dont allow clientelle that look like thugs in.

Thats why smaller cities are better. You dont have the same problems you do in larger ones. I have never ever been searhed for a weapon when going into a club/bar.
200 000 people is better than 2 million any day.

Post #47   4/2/07 5:01:14PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by Stickan

btw. Why would you need automatic guns anyway?

Why do people need nice clothes when they can wear potato sacks?
Why do people need sports cars when they can have a 1976 Dodge Dart?
Why do people eat steak when they can live on a cup of milk and some bread?

Some people like the finer things in life, and have the money to buy them. Why shouldn't some people own automatic weapons? Hel, in Switzerland, people can own Howitzers. In Crete, they can own 20mm anti-aircraft guns.

So how is an automatic weapon one of the "finer things in life"?

People want nice clothes because they wanna look good.
People eat steak because they like the taste of it.
People buy fancy cars because they wanna look good and drive fast.
People buy automatic weapons to..... kill other people?!

Pick the one you least want people to be able to do in a modern society.

Post #48   4/2/07 6:43:05PM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Chips:
I live in a 2 million strong city, Ive only ever seen one knife in the city centre, seen a few in the outlying areas. Never had one pulled on me.

My city (Newcastle, England) is one of the official top 10 best Cities in the world for nightlife. We have a good rep, and we protect it with good door men.

Post #49   4/2/07 6:44:12PM   

skiba97

Banned

Career:60-34
Chips:
im from newcastle to, well near enough and your pretty much garanteed to see a few fights every time you go out, but ive never seen a weapon used. Id rather go out with no weapons and come home with a black eye rather than come home having shot/stabbed sombody.

Last edited 4/2/07 9:19PM server time by skiba97
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #50   4/2/07 9:16:50PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

And i have to say. As much as alike as people think the US and Canada are. They are complete opposites. When you cross the border things change.
Its insane the differnece of two countries that are suppsoedly have similar cultures.

Hel, the difference between states in the US can be extreme as well. Its just what happens when you have democracies, as they're more prone to dramatic change.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #51   4/2/07 11:41:39PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Mastodon2

You are paranoid.

And if I were a thug, I'd wait outside these classy places you frequent because I'd know you're leaving unarmed after some doorman was nice enough to check for me. You don't hurt anyone but yourself by going about unprepared.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #52   4/2/07 11:46:42PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Stickan

So how is an automatic weapon one of the "finer things in life"?

People want nice clothes because they wanna look good.
People eat steak because they like the taste of it.
People buy fancy cars because they wanna look good and drive fast.
People buy automatic weapons to..... kill other people?!

Pick the one you least want people to be able to do in a modern society.

Considering how many people have been killed in automobile accidents vs. firearms related deaths, and considering there isn't a speed limit in the US higher than 85, I'd go with fancy cars. There hasn't been a death from a legally-owned fully automatic weapon since before the National Firearms Act of 1934. How many guys have died wrecking into phone polls with their fancy cars?

An automatic weapon is one of the finer things in life for people who can afford them. You can rent them at just about any firearms range for $50-$70 an hour, plus the cost of ammo and have yourself a fun (and expensive) time of it, rocking and rolling on full auto and shredding paper targets.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #53   4/3/07 12:07:42AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

An automatic weapon is one of the finer things in life for people who can afford them. You can rent them at just about any firearms range for $50-$70 an hour, plus the cost of ammo and have yourself a fun (and expensive) time of it, rocking and rolling on full auto and shredding paper targets.

How is it one of the finer things in life? I have heard a army Mcpl say the more rounds you fire down range in life the happier you will be. And i admit its pretty cool. But there are better things in life.

And legally owned full autos. Okay, how many illegal firearms are there in the US right now??? Id have to say a whole lot. Hm you have a M16 in your house legally, someone steals it. Think they are gonna do something legal with it?

If i hear a noise in my house at night. I get up and look around with a clecnhed fist, not a gun in my hand. Hell what happens if it is just a family member or a roomate coming home late? Would suck to shoot them, but if you just punched em in the face they would be pissed at you. Whats better a punch in the face or getting shot?

Besides, what is the purpose of owning a M16 in your house? Guns dont kill people, guns with live rounds do.

Post #54   4/3/07 9:14:54AM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by Mastodon2

You are paranoid.

And if I were a thug, I'd wait outside these classy places you frequent because I'd know you're leaving unarmed after some doorman was nice enough to check for me. You don't hurt anyone but yourself by going about unprepared.

You are quite the paranoid individual. Bragging about carrying guns on the internet isnt big, and it isnt cool

Post #55   4/3/07 9:45:05AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:

Posted by madmarck

How is it one of the finer things in life? I have heard a army Mcpl say the more rounds you fire down range in life the happier you will be. And i admit its pretty cool. But there are better things in life.

And legally owned full autos. Okay, how many illegal firearms are there in the US right now??? Id have to say a whole lot. Hm you have a M16 in your house legally, someone steals it. Think they are gonna do something legal with it?

If i hear a noise in my house at night. I get up and look around with a clecnhed fist, not a gun in my hand. Hell what happens if it is just a family member or a roomate coming home late? Would suck to shoot them, but if you just punched em in the face they would be pissed at you. Whats better a punch in the face or getting shot?

Besides, what is the purpose of owning a M16 in your house? Guns dont kill people, guns with live rounds do.

In the same way a $30 cigar, a $100 bottle of wine, or a $50 steak is. Some pepole enjoy those kinds of things and have the money to spend on them, and some people enjoy firearms and have the money to spend on those.

As for illegal firearms, there are illegal firearms all over the US, but they're also all over Canada, the UK, and everywhere else they're not supposed to be. Criminals will get their hands on firearms eventually, no matter how legal or illegal they are. As a firearms owner, its your responsibility to keep them locked up if you're in an area prone to burglary, or just to be on the safe side.

As for your "bump in the night" senario, you either learned absolutely nothing about firearms in the military, or you're just playing devils advocate to push your point. Do you remember the 4 rules of firearms? If you follow them, how could you possible shoot someone in your house? Then again, if you walk around your house at night whipping punches at people, you're probably the kind of guy that shouldn't own a firearm to begin with.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #56   4/4/07 4:34:30AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

In the same way a $30 cigar, a $100 bottle of wine, or a $50 steak is. Some pepole enjoy those kinds of things and have the money to spend on them, and some people enjoy firearms and have the money to spend on those.

As for illegal firearms, there are illegal firearms all over the US, but they're also all over Canada, the UK, and everywhere else they're not supposed to be. Criminals will get their hands on firearms eventually, no matter how legal or illegal they are. As a firearms owner, its your responsibility to keep them locked up if you're in an area prone to burglary, or just to be on the safe side.

As for your "bump in the night" senario, you either learned absolutely nothing about firearms in the military, or you're just playing devils advocate to push your point. Do you remember the 4 rules of firearms? If you follow them, how could you possible shoot someone in your house? Then again, if you walk around your house at night whipping punches at people, you're probably the kind of guy that shouldn't own a firearm to begin with.

Enlighten me to the 4 rules of firearms. And if you say never point the weapon at anyone your a moron.

Post #57   4/4/07 11:36:05AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
1. Treat all firearms as loaded at all times.
2. Never point a firearm at something you're not willing to destroy.
3. Know your target and what is beyond it.
4. Keep your finger off the trigger until the firearm is on target.

This is taught to every person who picks up a firearm in the US if they take a class, which is required in most states to have a permit to carry, or by anyone who knows the first thing about firearms. I figured this was pretty well universal, or atleast something similar to it would be taught.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #58   4/4/07 4:51:32PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

2. Never point a firearm at something you're not willing to destroy.

See only people in the Military or enforcement learn that in our country. And we dont say destroy.

Post #59   4/5/07 8:33:01AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
Its worded differently depending on who you ask, but Col. Jeff Cooper, the father of modern combat shooting, words it as such.

Point being, if you train with those things in mind, when the shit hits the fan, you'll automatically fall back into that training. If you care to, a dude named Eric Hanley wrote a book about being on Delta Force, and they have some insane drills for target recognision. To demonstrate how good they were to new recruits, they'd sit them in a room with dummies holding guns and have them play cards for an hour or so, and then bust into the room and shoot all the dummies with live ammo, missing all the actual non-firearm holding people in the room.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #60   4/6/07 5:42:32AM   

Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5