Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Your REAL Friday night weapon of choice.

Print  
  Page 3 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

MethodMan

MMA Regular

MethodMan Avatar

Career:58-26
Camp: Kamikaze
Chips:
Hey your Founding farthers said you guys had the right to bear arms, so instead of tucking into what sounds like a delicious treat, you guys go running around with automatic wepons

Last edited 3/27/07 10:26AM server time by methodman
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #31   3/27/07 7:33:56AM   

jdubs

In Full Mount

jdubs Avatar

Career:95-45
Chips:
i think weapon of choice would be a titanium 22 mag, ive bee looking at getting one cause they are so small and light

Post #32   3/27/07 9:29:16AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Does anyone make a titanium revolver in .22 mag? I've only ever seen them for .357 mag, and I've heard its one of the more horrible felt recoils out there. The guy I was talking to said it was about twice as bad as a .500 mag, which I could barely even shoot.

S&W makes an Air Lite in .22 mag thats 10ozs, but they're brutally expensive. If you found a used one though, I bet you could get a deal on it.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #33   3/28/07 4:22:13AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
I have never ever heard of anyone bringing weapons when out on the town. Maybe its because I have lived in or near a city all my life, but unless you are in the country, you can't just walk into a bar or downtown with a rifle over your shoulder without getting some extremely nervous looks. And forget about the concealed weapons issue, that is highly illegal in most states.

Post #34   3/28/07 11:13:45PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
You can't walk into anywhere with a rifle over your shoulder. Its considered brandishing and its illegal. As for conceal carry, its legal everywhere in the country, provided you have a permit, with the two exceptions being Alaska and Vermont, which allow conceal carry for any citizens of the state and reciprocate with every other state. You can check out your local laws here:

www.packing.org

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #35   3/29/07 1:47:49AM   

xchickox

In Full Mount

xchickox Avatar

Career:594-360
Chips:
mines the classic baseball bat thats sat in my boot

Post #36   3/29/07 11:55:46AM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
I personally dont believe in carrying weapons, If I get jumped or mugged then so be it, but I try to have faith in my common man no matter how unrealistic it may be.

I once tried to help a friend who was getting picked on by these three kids and I punched one, the other two proceeded to throw me in the stop sign pole which seperated my shoulder. Things like that suck but they wont make me carry a knife or gun or anything.

If someone pulls a gun on me, he gets my money. If he pulls a gun on my girl or my brothers or sisters, well then he is going to have a problem and if he shoots me Im screwed, but I wont let it intimidate me into carrying a weapon.

Post #37   3/29/07 1:18:39PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Its a fact that over 90% of violent or potentially violent confrontations end when a firearm is displayed, so logically, the chances of people dying would go down in that case. Besides the fact that everyone in a bar is armed to some capacity. Pool sticks, beer bottles, mugs, chairs, etc can all kill someone. A firearm just ensure you're better armed than the other guy, and holds you to a higher level of responsibility to avoid conflicts with people if at all possible. As the saying goes "An armed society is a polite society."

Okay let me work this equation out for you.
US bar fight. Gun vs Gun = shooting
Canada bar. Fist vs Fist = Bloody nose.

The chances of a shooting happening when a gun are around. Tend to be considerably higher than when they arent around. And if you pull a gun on someone instead of just punching em your insane.
Gun= possiblity of shooting
No gun = No possibility of shooting.

Just so you know. People in Canada have guns. Lots of em. We just dont carry fully auto's into public places. We would consider someone who did F*cked in the head . Its just our culture. I also believe we have laws that a civilian cannot have a Magazine that holds more than 5 rounds.
So even if you do have a fully auto weapon it isnt all that effective.

Last edited 3/29/07 2:40PM server time by madmarck

Post #38   3/29/07 2:37:21PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
Just because you have a firearm doesn't mean you have to pull it and use it. Just the opposite, you're bound by common sense and the law to NOT pull a firearm in a situation where you're being harrassed. Therefore, we have very few fist fights in bars here because A) People have the common sense not to start trouble with someone, on the off-chance they're armed and B) The person thats armed, and therefore cleared by the state to be carrying a concealed firearm, is obligated to not get into confrontations. It doesn't heat up situations to the point of a gunfight, but has the opposite effect of keeping people civil with each other.

As for fully auto guns, do you even know anything about firearms? No one carrys fully automatic weapons around. They're several thousand dollars, require tax payments to the government, a hefty background check and in most states, a special licence to own that must be renewed every year. I know one person who owns a fully automatic weapon and hes been in the army for 28 years.

As for the law on magazines in Canada, that pertains to hunting, and we have the same thing in the US. You can't go hunting with a rifle that holds more than five rounds. If you have a magazine that holds more, you have to put a block of wood or something in it to make it hold only five. As far as I know, you don't have any magazine restrictions, except possibly a 10 round max on handgun mags, which we just got rid of here.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #39   3/30/07 3:21:41AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

As for fully auto guns, do you even know anything about firearms? No one carrys fully automatic weapons around. They're several thousand dollars, require tax payments to the government, a hefty background check and in most states, a special licence to own that must be renewed every year. I know one person who owns a fully automatic weapon and hes been in the army for 28 years.

Fully autos costing thousands of dollars in tax? Isnt there a big problem in your conutry with UNregistered weapons and illegal firearms. Even worse. I have heard several times of guys owning M16's in their homes. Not crazy people but just normal suburban familys who get it to protect themselves.

Do you have to lock your doors in the Day when you are home?
I remember watching Bowlign for Columbine, and Michael Moore was so amazed that Canadians left their doors unlocked while they were home in the Day.

I recall watching some reality TV show, I think it was Dallas Swat. And its at the guys house, his whole family in the main room, right by the door, and he has to get up to unlock it to let someone in.

If i am home, my door is unlocked from 7Am till i go to bed.
I do lock my doors when im not home but thats just common sense.

And yes i do know some thing about fully automatic weapons. I lived with one at boot camp. C7 which is basically similiar to the American M16.

Last edited 3/30/07 8:00AM server time by madmarck

Post #40   3/30/07 7:58:58AM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

I personally dont believe in carrying weapons, If I get jumped or mugged then so be it, but I try to have faith in my common man no matter how unrealistic it may be.

I once tried to help a friend who was getting picked on by these three kids and I punched one, the other two proceeded to throw me in the stop sign pole which seperated my shoulder. Things like that suck but they wont make me carry a knife or gun or anything.

If someone pulls a gun on me, he gets my money. If he pulls a gun on my girl or my brothers or sisters, well then he is going to have a problem and if he shoots me Im screwed, but I wont let it intimidate me into carrying a weapon.

I share your belief in this one. Great post and I feel exactly the same way.

btw. Why would you need automatic guns anyway?

Post #41   3/30/07 1:59:35PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Fully autos costing thousands of dollars in tax? Isnt there a big problem in your conutry with UNregistered weapons and illegal firearms. Even worse. I have heard several times of guys owning M16's in their homes. Not crazy people but just normal suburban familys who get it to protect themselves.

I remember watching Bowlign for Columbine, and Michael Moore was so amazed that Canadians left their doors unlocked while they were home in the Day.

I recall watching some reality TV show, I think it was Dallas Swat. And its at the guys house, his whole family in the main room, right by the door, and he has to get up to unlock it to let someone in.

And yes i do know some thing about fully automatic weapons. I lived with one at boot camp. C7 which is basically similiar to the American M16.

Fully autos cost thousands of dollars. The tax depends on the state. In NH, its $200. Some states require a Class III licence that can range from $50-$600 a year. Depends on where you are. I don't know of anyone that owns an M-16, as its a military grade fully automatic weapon and costs roughly $20,000. Many people have the civilian version called the AR-15, which is similar but only semi-auto, and they're usually between $600-$1200, depending on which kind you get.

As for unregistered and illegal firearms, yeah theres a lot of them. Theres also a lot of them in the UK, where almost no one can own a firearm. Criminals do what they want after all, which is why they're criminals. Most firearms get into the hands of criminals from theft, inheritance, or shady folks importanting cheap ass guns from somewhere and selling them on the street for 1000% profit.

Your first mistake was watching a movie by Michael Moore. Your second was believing a word he said about anything. People in cities lock their doors, but most people in the country don't, which is probably exactly the same as in Canada. A lot of the big cities in Texas, have extremely high crime-rates from all the drug trafficking and car theft going on near the Mexican border, so I wouldn't be surprised at all about someone locking their door there.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #42   3/31/07 1:37:41AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Stickan

btw. Why would you need automatic guns anyway?

Why do people need nice clothes when they can wear potato sacks?
Why do people need sports cars when they can have a 1976 Dodge Dart?
Why do people eat steak when they can live on a cup of milk and some bread?

Some people like the finer things in life, and have the money to buy them. Why shouldn't some people own automatic weapons? Hel, in Switzerland, people can own Howitzers. In Crete, they can own 20mm anti-aircraft guns.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #43   3/31/07 1:45:34AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by madmarck

Fully autos cost thousands of dollars. The tax depends on the state. In NH, its $200. Some states require a Class III licence that can range from $50-$600 a year. Depends on where you are. I don't know of anyone that owns an M-16, as its a military grade fully automatic weapon and costs roughly $20,000. Many people have the civilian version called the AR-15, which is similar but only semi-auto, and they're usually between $600-$1200, depending on which kind you get.

As for unregistered and illegal firearms, yeah theres a lot of them. Theres also a lot of them in the UK, where almost no one can own a firearm. Criminals do what they want after all, which is why they're criminals. Most firearms get into the hands of criminals from theft, inheritance, or shady folks importanting cheap ass guns from somewhere and selling them on the street for 1000% profit.

Your first mistake was watching a movie by Michael Moore. Your second was believing a word he said about anything. People in cities lock their doors, but most people in the country don't, which is probably exactly the same as in Canada. A lot of the big cities in Texas, have extremely high crime-rates from all the drug trafficking and car theft going on near the Mexican border, so I wouldn't be surprised at all about someone locking their door there.

Believe me i think Michael Moore is a extremely biased source. I think there are points in some of his movies/ books that are completely absurd.

Like in Farnehit 9/11. He cant believe the secret service is protecting a foriegne embassy. Why wouldnt they? It doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

And i have to say. As much as alike as people think the US and Canada are. They are complete opposites. When you cross the border things change.
Its insane the differnece of two countries that are suppsoedly have similar cultures.

Post #44   4/1/07 6:00:26PM   

hcazlekker

Banned

Career:34-26
Chips:
I don't really carry anything when I go out. I keep a positive mindset and stay out of trouble.

I used to carry an extendable baton back in highschool. That thing went everywhere with me. I used to think I was a bad ass, haha. I kept brass knuckles in my back pocket for a while as well.

Looking back, I was seriously asking for it. If someone pulled an extendable baton or brass knuckles on me, I would see it as a direct threat to my life. My normal sense of honor and "adhering to the rules" would go out the window under that circumstance.

Last edited 4/1/07 6:45PM server time by hcazlekker
Edit note/reason: crappy syntax

Post #45   4/1/07 6:33:21PM   

Page 3 of 5     1     2     3     4     5