Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Recurring Dream(s)

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
What are some of your recurring dreams?

I've been having this recurring dream for a while and it's beginning to bother me.

It starts out with me attending a university. Then I drop out of college and for some reason I had to do high school all over again. I go through high school again but when it comes to graduation, I'm being held back because I always forget to go to my Spanish class.

The funny thing is - I've graduated high school with flying colors and I took and aced Spanish for 4 years. I'm thinking this dream is about unfinished business or something I have not accomplished but need to do so.

Growing up - my mother always had high hopes for me. She thought I would be a doctor someday. Maybe this dream is about not fulfilling expectations - I don't know.

What are your recurring dream(s), if any?

Post #1   5/13/13 1:20:49AM   

Pskinner_mma314

In Full Mount

Pskinner_mma314 Avatar

Career:191-166
Chips:
Mine is really strange and it bothers me. For the longest time it was just a face, a man's face. Noone I know. And I can't even describe what happens next except for just saying it's the most intense few moments imaginable. I always wake up in a cold sweat, heart pounding, and out of breath.

It has now changed to a woman's face, again one I dont recognize. Except now the intensity is amplified by about 3 times what it used to be. I lose a lot of sleep just because I'm afraid to go to sleep.

Post #2   5/13/13 1:34:47AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Pskinner_mma314

Mine is really strange and it bothers me. For the longest time it was just a face, a man's face. Noone I know. And I can't even describe what happens next except for just saying it's the most intense few moments imaginable. I always wake up in a cold sweat, heart pounding, and out of breath.

It has now changed to a woman's face, again one I dont recognize. Except now the intensity is amplified by about 3 times what it used to be. I lose a lot of sleep just because I'm afraid to go to sleep.

For you to NOT want to go into details - it must be a nightmare from hell. I would like to hear it though if you don't mind sharing and as long as you're comfortable doing so.

Last edited 5/13/13 1:55AM server time by KungFuMaster
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   5/13/13 1:42:55AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,730-1,561
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
So weird, but I've had a giant killer bee dream several times in my life now. Basically where they attack us and try to make us their slaves.

Post #4   5/13/13 1:54:41AM   

Pskinner_mma314

In Full Mount

Pskinner_mma314 Avatar

Career:191-166
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

For you to NOT want to go into details - it must be a nightmare from hell. I would like to hear it though if you don't mind sharing and as long as you're comfortable doing so.

It's not that I don't wanna go into detail...it's just that I can't. But I'll try for you since you're interested.

It's just the face surrounded by black...then it starts to distort and that's when the intensity starts. I know it's not where I live because I've lived in 3 different residences in the last 4 years and this dream has recurred for about the last 5. It makes me scaredd to fall asleep, it's until I tell people about this nightmare that they think I'm an alcoholic because I gotta be drunk to fall asleep to avoid this dream....it's the only time I don't have it and sleep through the night.

Post #5   5/13/13 2:06:36AM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,562-1,368
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

A proven fact about dreams is that you can't dream about a face you've never seen before. If you want you should look into it

Post #6   5/13/13 2:38:54AM   

JLS1980

Jinh Yu

JLS1980 Avatar

Career:1,183-631
Chips:
I keep having this shitty dream about waking up real early and going to a shitty job. Then i wake up and go to this shitty job.

I better get going i'll be late to work.

Post #7   5/13/13 6:31:28AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,262-1,196
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I've had a dream ever since I was a kid (probably 8 or 9 years old) that starts off as me standing out in front of a supermarket near where I grew up. As I'm standing there, a lady wearing what appears to be clown makeup (?) is driving around the perimeter of the lot, staring me down the entire time. No matter where she is in the lot, she's always staring at me.

The first time I saw the movie 'Saw' I about shit bricks. Jigsaw's makeup and hair are pretty much spot-on with the lady in this dream.

Post #8   5/13/13 6:45:38AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,013-583
Chips:
My recurring dream just involves this vacation spot, except something super annoying happens in each dream. Last time I was trying to drive home but we stole a tractor trailer, ran from the cops, and my cat died.

This morning I woke up pretty happy because in my dream my hands got cut off so somehow I taped them back on and they sort of worked but I put the wrong hands on the wrong arms. Then I was going to get surgery for it but got too scared. Glad I don't have to get a handoplexy or whatever

Post #9   5/13/13 7:00:25AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,449-880
Chips:
I have a long, long memory. My oldest and most common recurring dream I had I was between 3-6 years old. I would dream of matter (atoms and such). I was viewing the void of space, and all matter and energy of the universe was rushing together and converging at one point. I would feel very intense motion and force, and I hated having the dream...

Post #10   5/13/13 8:25:23AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,262-1,196
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

I have a long, long memory. My oldest and most common recurring dream I had I was between 3-6 years old. I would dream of matter (atoms and such). I was viewing the void of space, and all matter and energy of the universe was rushing together and converging at one point. I would feel very intense motion and force, and I hated having the dream...

Someone just drafted you in the Celebrity Death Pool side game, Mr. Hawking!

Post #11   5/13/13 8:55:59AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hotrodttt

A proven fact about dreams is that you can't dream about a face you've never seen before. If you want you should look into it

I never knew that...Interesting..

Post #12   5/13/13 2:51:49PM   

I-GOT-THIS-PICK

Standup Guy

I-GOT-THIS-PICK Avatar

Career:1,501-842
Chips:
I`ve also heard that you are everyone in your dream, so when your getting a BJ by some hottie it's really you blowing yourself. so SUCK it up and wake up with a smile.

Post #13   5/13/13 3:28:13PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,352-1,258
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Only recurring dream I have is wet dreams involving female customers at my store

Post #14   5/13/13 8:37:23PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:816-522
Chips:
To be honest... I keep having this recurring dream about disowning my stepdad.

There was a lot of head butting between us growing up, and he was a cunt to me quite often. Obviously, this was less than 10% of the time and for the most part we had a good relationship... but something deep down still makes me resent him for all the shitty times.

And no, I'm not looking for someone to play therapist here but wonder if any of you guys have any recurring dreams that revolve around actual events/relationships in your life? My dreams tend to always have major elements of my real life in them (based around my current situation/job/friends/etc.)

For some reason, while I lived in Chicago I had a very vivid dream I remembered upon waking up EVERY DAY. Back in Florida it maybe happens to me once a week/month. I wonder what that is...

Post #15   5/13/13 9:59:12PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2