Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Chris Lytle open to another UFC fight, but only on short notice

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,722-963
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Chris Lytle says that he would come back for one more UFC fight, but only if it was on short notice so that he wouldn't have to spend time away from his family.

Link

Post #1   5/12/13 11:31:18AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,140-679
Chips:
So what he doesn't train for it?
As much as I wanna see him fight again I don't wanna see him fight if he doesn't have to. However a short notice fight with Maia (if he loses to Kos) would be nice.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #2   5/12/13 12:23:03PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 40-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,736-1,506
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

So what he doesn't train for it?
As much as I wanna see him fight again I don't wanna see him fight if he doesn't have to. However a short notice fight with Maia (if he loses to Kos) would be nice.

Maia is going to school Koscheck

Post #3   5/12/13 12:48:15PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,991-1,181
Chips:
Short Notice after such a long layoff is not gonna end well. If he wants another fight he's gonna need a few months to prepare a specific gameplan

Post #4   5/12/13 2:38:54PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,562-1,630
Chips:
Odd bit of news, that is basically saying that he likes to fight but doesn't like to train...all the stuff about ring rust, the new cut of fighters that are out there...I don't think it is wise for him to return at all with that outlook on it

Post #5   5/12/13 4:09:47PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
I understand it. Dude likes to fight, is tough as nails, and would probably like a few extra bucks in his pocket. Isn't such a bad thing to say "I'm down" as a retired fighter in case there's an opening on a local UFC. Walk out, and do your best, win or lose, just like he always did.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #6   5/12/13 4:47:11PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,284-1,206
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

I understand it. Dude likes to fight, is tough as nails, and would probably like a few extra bucks in his pocket. Isn't such a bad thing to say "I'm down" as a retired fighter in case there's an opening on a local UFC. Walk out, and do your best, win or lose, just like he always did.

Exactly.

And it's Chris fucking Lytle. I'd pay to watch the guy fight a cold.

Post #7   5/12/13 4:50:33PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,027-597
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Also, he is game in all aspects of mma. Perhaps that is his true strategy here, knowing he is legit everywhere while others train for game plans. Late notice would be beneficial

Last edited 5/12/13 4:54PM server time by airkerma
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   5/12/13 4:53:29PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,766-1,590
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Svartorm

Exactly.

I agree. I'll watch him fight no matter what and get very excited about it. He left the sport in the best way possible but he would be a great late notice opponent against anyone.

Post #9   5/12/13 7:07:12PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Svartorm

Exactly.

I agree. I'll watch him fight no matter what and get very excited about it. He left the sport in the best way possible but he would be a great late notice opponent against anyone.

I'm with you guys! Why are people down on this? Its Chris Lytle! They actually don't make fighters like him anymore! Anyone agains't him picking up short notice fights can add themselves to my hate list!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #10   5/13/13 5:50:01AM   

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
Chris has always been one of those guys that you would pay to watch fight. He's cut from a different cloth compared to the fighters of today. I will always watch Chris Lytle fight, however, it may be in his best interest to put in more than a weeks worth of preparation when going against the best that the WW division has to offer.

Post #11   5/13/13 8:29:03AM   

Chieftan1997

MMA Regular

Chieftan1997 Avatar

Career:1,866-1,004
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Yeah I don't get the he likes to fight but doesn't like to train comment!?!?! He doesn't want to take time away from his family doesn't translate to doesn't want to train.

No one has been tougher or trained harder than Lytle in his career he's just at a different stage of life right now. Family is the most important thing especially after you retire from a job that keeps you away from them. I'd love to see him jump in and fight someone who wasn't a top contender. He could hang with the best at his best so fighting some mid level guys he'd be good to go and of course put on a great fight!!! War Lytle!!!

Post #12   5/13/13 11:01:31AM