Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Jon Jones vs. Floyd Mayweather? If it was all hands, 'Bones' said it would 'probably be a pretty competitive match'

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones thinks he could hang on the feet with Floyd Mayweather Jr., the best pound-for-pound boxer in the world.

It helps that Jones is 6'4" tall, walks around at about 220 pounds and has an 84.5" reach.

Mayweather is 5'8" tall, walks around at about 150 pounds and has a 72" reach. Unfortunately, silly little "Bones" doesn't realize that "Money" already knocked out the Big Show at WrestleMania XXIV back in 2008, a 7'1" giant who weighs nearly 500 pounds.

Jones tells the gang at Power 105.1 (via Larry Brown) that nobody would want to see it anyway.

"To be honest with you, if it was all hands, it would probably be a pretty competitive match. But that's not fighting, either. You can't be at the bar and be like, alright, no kicking, no taking me down, don't stretch my shirt out. It's not like that. What I do, I consider it to be the true art of fighting. To do everything. Fighting Floyd Mayweather wouldn't even be right. Nobody would want to see that. James Toney did it about two years ago. He lost in the first round. Don't mess with an MMA fighter. You don't want to do that. It's a bad look."

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   5/9/13 12:31:39PM   

SmileR

SmileR Avatar

Chips:
Are you f*cking kidding me?! If it was all hands Mayweather would actually be able to beat the memory of ever having won a fight out of Jones, even with the 2 fucking foot react advantage Jones would have!

Keep quiet about boxing and stick to what you're gifted at. In boxing there isn't a man alive thats as good as Mayweather now. I've never seen a man with an ego as big as Jones's right now!

Post #2   5/9/13 12:37:26PM   

Travesty145

MMA Regular

Travesty145 Avatar

Career:675-411
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Are you f*cking kidding me?! If it was all hands Mayweather would actually be able to beat the memory of ever having won a fight out of Jones, even with the 2 fucking foot react advantage Jones would have!

Keep quiet about boxing and stick to what you're gifted at. In boxing there isn't a man alive thats as good as Mayweather now. I've never seen a man with an ego as big as Jones's right now!

yea. floyd would dominate

Post #3   5/9/13 1:02:34PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,496-1,495
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
wow..Jone is really letting this champ thing get to him..instead of picking a boxer like Ward, S. Martinez..he picks someone who has a huge reach disadvantage..but even with that, Money defense is too damn good..the only person who has a chance at beating Money is Canelo Alvarez..but Money will prolly duck him, even thou im a huge Money fan..and Canelo has been looking hella fucken good as of lately too...

Post #4   5/9/13 1:16:40PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,696-988
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Travesty145

Posted by SmileR

yea. floyd would dominate

Yup. The best thing JJ has going for him in the standup department is his ability to poke people in the eyes from miles away and it's pretty hard to poke someone in the eyes with boxing gloves.

Post #5   5/9/13 1:56:29PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
Jones is too big and would destroy him.
Don't care how good of a boxer Mayweather is, there is no way he'd be able to beat Jones.

Last edited 5/9/13 2:54PM server time by Theoutlaw08
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   5/9/13 2:53:29PM   

Goatenstein

In Full Mount

Career:821-544
Chips:

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Don't care how good of a boxer Mayweather is, there is no way he'd be able to beat Jones.

Can't admit that a boxer would own a UFC fighter in boxing? Jones' boxing is nothing if he can't kick guys' kneecaps.

Post #7   5/9/13 3:01:09PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,427-1,358
Chips:

Posted by Theoutlaw08

I doubt Bones would even touch Mayweather in a 12 round fight.

It would be as embarrassing for Jones as it woud be for Mayweather if he tried to fight Jones in MMA.

Post #8   5/9/13 3:09:41PM   

SpiderSilva

07/07

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,887-1,178
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Mayweather crushed the big show. Jones would be cake

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #9   5/9/13 3:31:21PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Theoutlaw08

It would be as embarrassing for Jones as it woud be for Mayweather if he tried to fight Jones in MMA.

It's crazy that you think Jones wouldnt even touch him in a 12 round fight. I think its crazy to say Jones cant beat Mayweather. I think the size difference in this case would be huge.

Post #10   5/9/13 3:38:26PM   

SmileR

SmileR Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Theoutlaw08

It's crazy that you think Jones wouldnt even touch him in a 12 round fight. I think its crazy to say Jones cant beat Mayweather. I think the size difference in this case would be huge.

So would the speed difference, also Mayweather can actually box. Jones is a fighter not a boxer Its a different world.

Post #11   5/9/13 3:58:29PM   

OnyxShadow

Fearless Leader

OnyxShadow Avatar

Career:2,001-967
Camp: World Top Team
Chips:
Its such a weird idea. Mayweather has most likely never boxed anyone remotely like Jones. Jones AFAIK has never had a pure boxing match.

While Jones doesn't have 1-punch power against guys his own size he might against someone who weighs 150. As defensive as Mayweather is, I this that he might be spending 90% of the fight running away. He'd probably win on points, though.

Its just such a bizarre match.

Post #12   5/9/13 4:19:43PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,598-933
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by OnyxShadow

Its just such a bizarre match.

This is how I feel.

Honestly I'm not sure who would win in an all hands match. Mayweather is a much better boxer, sure. But Jones has a massive reach and power advantage. Floyd would have trouble reaching his chin and if he did he'd be punching up, ie. less power.

Jones though would probably have a lot of trouble landing solidly because Mayweather would be much faster with better footwork.

In an MMA match Jones obviously dominates.

Post #13   5/9/13 4:32:28PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,658-951
Chips:
Mayweather wins 116-112

Post #14   5/9/13 5:21:24PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,205-723
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Mayweather crushed the big show. Jones would be cake

I was there live and I have to say that Mayweather did struggle with the big show. I mean he had to use Brass knuckles to finish the job. On this reason alone it seems pretty clear that Mayweather could not beat anyone above 6'3 without brass knuckles.

Dirty Blue

Post #15   5/9/13 6:03:12PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2