Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Nostalgia

Print  
  Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,786-990
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
You know the feeling I'm talking about. The feeling that sends shivers down your spine and puts you in a familiar place and mindset of your past. I love the feeling. Takes me back to what I consider a happier time in my life. I'd like to know some of the things that gives you a nostalgic feeling. Places, music, scents, video games, old clothes, etc. I'll add some of mine.

Staind's Chapter V album - I can't listen to any song from this album without thinking back to a family vacation I had back in my first year of high school. My parents let my best friend tag along and bought us both some music to listen to since it would be such a long ride. One of the best week's of my life.

Vanilla scented candles - Reminds me of my ex I dated for three years in high school. She loved candles and knew I loved the smell of vanilla.

Dragon Ball Z/Pokemon/Etc - These cartoons remind me of a time in my life where all I had to worry about was making sure I didn't miss my favorite shows. I'd run home from school every day and wake up early on Saturday mornings to watch shows like Pokemon. I had almost no worries in the world.

Old home - Dad spent almost a full year building a new house when I was younger. It was amazing. My parents lived in a trailer for most of their lives so this was a big deal to everyone. Unfortunately we were only able to live in the house for a few years before Hurricane Katrina hit and pretty much destroyed everything. We ended up moving away from the area.

Playstation and Spyro The Dragon - My parents did their best to give me whatever my heart desired as a kid, and I'm so grateful to have them. One of my favorite Christmas presents was a Playstation, and it gave me some of my fondest memories. My first game was Spyro The Dragon and I can remember sitting around the TV with my dad and older brother playing Spyro while the scent of mom's Christmas cookies filled the air.

Harry Potter - The series gets a lot of shit these days but some of my best memories are being curled up before bed reading Harry Potter. I bought the first book when it released in 1997 (I was 7) and read the series throughout my teenage years.

Post #1   5/7/13 1:55:39PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,936-1,124
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
Video Games

Final Fantasy 7
Resident Evil 1
Tomb raider 1
Evander Holyfield Boxing
Mario Rpg
NHL 94
Nba Jam

Music
A lot of 80's 90's one hit wonders
Distorted Penguins a bit of a local band used to play a halloween show in high school until the singer was murdered by his dad.

M/D 20/20
All That
Kablam
Salute your Shorts
Wild n Crazy kids
beavis and butthead

Post #2   5/7/13 2:01:37PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Chips:

Posted by iwannabesedated

Video Games

Final Fantasy 7
Resident Evil 1
Tomb raider 1
Evander Holyfield Boxing
Mario Rpg
NHL 94
Nba Jam

Music
A lot of 80's 90's one hit wonders
Distorted Penguins a bit of a local band used to play a halloween show in high school until the singer was murdered by his dad.

M/D 20/20
All That
Kablam
Salute your Shorts
Wild n Crazy kids
beavis and butthead

Oh man. Love a lot of those. Kablam was the shit.

Post #3   5/7/13 2:04:24PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,166-696
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Harry Potter - The series gets a lot of shit these days but some of my best memories are being curled up before bed reading Harry Potter. I bought the first book when it released in 1997 (I was 7) and read the series throughout my teenage years.

My girlfriends so awesome. Her Birthday present to me is below

She's knew me back when I obsessed over Emma (like 3 years before we were going out) - I had a shrine and everything. Not like anythings changed.... I still have a poster above my bed

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #4   5/7/13 2:20:19PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
That vacation/album thing reminds me of a nostalgia moment recently.

Being a fat guy, I've always tied food and drinks into every memory, and summer vacation was no exception. Every summer, my family and my aunt's family would share a beach house in Wells Beach, Maine, and we'd frequently get dinner out rather than dirty up the kitchen. We went to this place when I was eight, and being as I was just learning to love reading, I'd brush up by reading the menus at restaurants with all their odd words. One tripped me up:

Mozzarella sticks.

Never heard of them, but they sounded awesome so my cousin and I split an order. It was love at first bite. They were easily the best thing I'd ever eaten in my life; served on a silver platter with a boat of marinara sauce because it was some fancy Italian joint.

From then on, I'd get mozzarellas stick absolutely everywhere I went, but they were never the same. Awesome, sure, but there was just something about these that were beyond amazing, probably made in-house with such care. Unfortunately, the restaurant burnt down a few years later so I couldn't get the best mozzarella sticks on Earth ever again.

So, last week, I go to this place that is literally a shack on the side of the road that sells ice cream and fried food. We were crazy busy at work and I didn't grab anything for lunch so I got black raspberry and coffee twist soft serve, fried mushrooms and mozzarella sticks.

It bit into the mozzarella sticks and they were the exact same ones!!!!!!!!!! I instantly recognized them because of that distinct cheese flavor that I'd missed, like salty cream cheese.

Here's the kicker: They suck. The reason I'd never run into them again is because they're the cheapest damn things on Earth and no business besides a shack on the side of a country road would sell them, and after finishing the order, I never want them again. So much for home-made Italian. Thus ended my 20+ year quest for the mozzarella sticks of my youth, albeit with a tragic twist.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #5   5/7/13 2:27:13PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,718-1,421
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Jack and Coke - First Drink I ever had and the smell brings me back to my Teens 20's.

Oasis and CCR - No other music washes daily stress away like them.

Breakfast Club/Seinfeld - just brings me back and can watch either 100 times in a row.

Grand Theft San Andreas - Could literally play that game for 12 hours straight without ever doing the actual game.

Post #6   5/7/13 2:38:59PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
Resident Evil 2
NBA Jam
Sega Gensis
Surge Soda
WWF (When Hogan, Ultimate Warrior and those guys were around)
Sega Dreamcast
Original Xbox with Halo
Mortal Kombat
Legos
Army Guys
Goosebumps

Post #7   5/7/13 2:46:24PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 40-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,788-1,528
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
The movie Little Monsters

Post #8   5/7/13 3:10:50PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,037-1,201
Chips:
TV shows:
NBA Inside stuff
Hermans Head
Parker Lewis
In Living Color

Movies:
Predator
Nightmare on Elm St.
Willow
La Bamba
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids

Video Games:
Duck Hunt-nes
Jordan vs Bird- nes
Bulls vs Blazers- nes
Earthworm Jim- sega
NBA Live 95- sega
Super Scope- super nes
Doom- pc
Duke Nukem- pc

Music:
Oasis- what's the story morning glory
Bush- 16 stone
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Fun Loving Criminals
Goldfinger
Poe
STP
Our Lady Peace
Third Eye Blinds first album

Things that remind me of High School:
Mountain Parties
Milwaukees Best Ice 32oz....the Beast
Eating shrooms
Friday night Football games
Hiding from the cops
Hiding from friends parents

Last edited 5/7/13 4:51PM server time by prophecy033
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #9   5/7/13 4:37:32PM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,272-1,271
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
When my kids tell me that they "have nothing to do" on a hot Saturday afternoon, I think of how i'd sit down and watch "ABC's Wide World of Sports" - intro . It didn't matter what they were going to show, it was all interesting.

Similar to Svar's memory, as a kid, my family would always go to the New Jersey shore for a week with my aunt's family. We'd eat out every night and I couldn't wait to get fried shrimp, it was like a delicacy to me back then as it was the only time of the year I could get it. The smell of the salty air of the Jersey shore still brings me back to that carefree time.

Post #10   5/7/13 4:52:28PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,037-1,201
Chips:
Heineken, assorted jello shots, a 1990 acura integra and a local portland country bar all remind me of the summer of 2007.

Too much drinking, driving 130 mph on the freeway and getting some strange. Best summer of my life.

Of the 5 of us that always went 1 is married and moved away, another is about to have a kid with one of the girls we met there, another got 86'd from there for fighting too much (likes to fight guy), the next guy can't mention the place in front of his fiance because they were split during that time and he bagged a few chicks so she gets bent and then I'm the only one that still goes ever now and then with friends.

Post #11   5/7/13 5:17:32PM   

Michael_Corleone

Belt Contender

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:1,071-562
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Tabitha Stevens

Post #12   5/7/13 5:29:29PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,500-1,283
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Fleshlight made for 10" or smaller.

Post #13   5/7/13 5:37:51PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,237-808
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Power Rangers theme song
Gameboy
Pokemon cards
Rolling backpacks
YoYo fad
yugioh
the sandlot
L'Oréal for kids body wash
tales from the crypt
chucky fear
Nintendo 64
resident evil
resideng evil 2 (all time favorite)
final fantasy X (all time favorite)
grand theft auto 3
grand theft auto vice city (all time favorite)
grand theft auto san andreas (close second)
classic country music

ill think of some more

Last edited 5/7/13 6:15PM server time by George112
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #14   5/7/13 6:13:25PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Chips:

Posted by george112

Power Rangers theme song
Gameboy
Pokemon cards
Rolling backpacks
YoYo fad
yugioh
the sandlot
L'Oréal for kids body wash
tales from the crypt
chucky fear
Nintendo 64
resident evil
resideng evil 2 (all time favorite)
final fantasy X (all time favorite)
grand theft auto 3
grand theft auto vice city (all time favorite)
grand theft auto san andreas (close second)
classic country music

ill think of some more

You must be a 90's kid

Post #15   5/7/13 7:14:24PM   

Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4