Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Theif caught at a yard sale...

Print  
  Page 2 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

It's a shame she didn't make him apologize and/or apologize for her kids behavior. I know my brother or I had done something like that when we were little my parents would've apologized themselves and made us apologize and when we got home we would've had an ass whoopin' waiting for us.

I do like how she let you speak with the kid though. I've been saying for a while that one major problem that young parents/parents of the modern generation or however you wanna say it, is that they refuse to let others have any part at all in raising the kids. They have this "Their my kids, who the hell do you think you are to tell me how to parent" kind of mentality, which is unfortunate since the older generation, such as grandparents and what not, have tricks or techniques that can help raise the kid better. I know with my brother and I our entire family on both my parent's sides of the family had a hand in raising us, and they all could punish each other's kids and none of the other parents would care so long as they didn't go overboard.

You just reminded me of when I was still living with my parents. My oldest brother dropped off his kids for me to baby sit. I was a junior or senior in high school back then. I took the kids to the corner store. When we came back, one of my brother's kids was holding on to something I knew I didn't buy. My Mom and Dad overheard me scolding my nephew and made us take it back to the store and pay for it. We went back and apologized and paid for it - and the attendant who is also the owner gave all of us a lolly pop.

Post #16   5/5/13 11:09:08PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,514-925
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
KFM was just kidding with my earlier post. You did what you could while remaining civil, and that says a lot.

Post #17   5/6/13 4:33:01AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pmoney

KFM was just kidding with my earlier post. You did what you could while remaining civil, and that says a lot.

I suspected that...but I couldn't be sure - so I gave you a response with a straight face. A professor of mine taught me how to do that......A student would ask a smart ass/funny question and expect the professor to break character and stray away from the lecture. Instead, the professor gives a serious answer and makes the student feel uncomfortable. I'm not insinuating you were trying to be the smart ass student. I had a feeling you were simply being sarcastic.

Post #18   5/6/13 1:02:16PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,263-1,218
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

I don't think you went far enough. You should have curb stomped the kid. Give em a big front kick to the chest and send him flying. Then you chastise him and talk about the shame of masturbation (personal massager? I got my eye on you both).

Finally, you look at the mom, take the box and the contents she is looking to purchase and tell her her money is no good here. Tell her to keep an eye on her kid and keep him in school or it's a life full of robbing garage sales ahead!

Yes!

Like others have said, the parents haven't done a good job raising their kid. Just a downward spiral that probably won't correct itself.

You probably did the right thing KFM. Maybe the kid will think twice about stealing. Unfortunately, there is no help for the mom.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #19   5/6/13 1:06:03PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Really, I don't think there is a good way to "fix" the issue, because it's layers and layers of things, and if the parent doesn't have an active role in his life, he's not going to learn anything that young. When you're a certain age, you take every single cue from your parents, regardless of what outside sources tell you, so you're just wasting words at best and forcing them to distrust you at worst.

These days police don't even want to get involved in these situations because it has a negative effect with long-term trust of law enforcement.

I think your best route of action would be to force the mom to see what road her kids are going down. Even if a parent is a dirtbag themselves, they often want better for their kids. Worse case scenario there is she doesn't buy anything at your yard sale. Best case is you actually make her take an active role in the kids future.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #20   5/7/13 12:25:19PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,016-1,193
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

I don't think you went far enough. You should have curb stomped the kid. Give em a big front kick to the chest and send him flying. Then you chastise him and talk about the shame of masturbation (personal massager? I got my eye on you both).

Finally, you look at the mom, take the box and the contents she is looking to purchase and tell her her money is no good here. Tell her to keep an eye on her kid and keep him in school or it's a life full of robbing garage sales ahead!

Post #21   5/7/13 1:50:09PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:
I'd of threatened to call the cops unless the mom gives you a blowey.

Post #22   5/9/13 10:47:13AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I think you live in a fantasy world and might have some sort of brain damage and/or really serious mental problems.

Post #23   5/10/13 11:46:30PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Aether

I think you live in a fantasy world and might have some sort of brain damage and/or really serious mental problems.

You would think that after a certain amount of time, a poster would learn to let bygones be bygones. I could say something very mean right now - about you and how you are still holding this grudge against me but I won't.

I think you just need a hug.

Post #24   5/11/13 1:35:39AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Aether

You would think that after a certain amount of time, a poster would learn to let bygones be bygones. I could say something very mean right now - about you and how you are still holding this grudge against me but I won't.

Say whatever you want, I don't care about your opinion at all, it won't bother me.

It has nothing to do with "bygones" or holding a grudge. I just fundamentally don't like you as a person, and I'm reminded of it every time I see you write something. You didn't make this thread so that you could hear other people's opinions about the situation, you made it so that you could gloat and advertise your moral superiority over a 9 year old. It's sad. The fact that you judge kids that age as "criminals" based on one interaction, and that you are always so eager to tell everyone else how they should behave, how they should live their lives, etc.

I just think you're a bit of a moral thug and scumbag.

Post #25   5/11/13 1:14:17PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by Aether

It has nothing to do with "bygones" or holding a grudge. I just fundamentally don't like you as a person, and I'm reminded of it every time I see you write something. You didn't make this thread so that you could hear other people's opinions about the situation, you made it so that you could gloat and advertise your moral superiority over a 9 year old. It's sad. The fact that you judge kids that age as "criminals" based on one interaction, and that you are always so eager to tell everyone else how they should behave, how they should live their lives, etc.

And here I thought he was telling a story and then listening to responses and answering them. Its sort of how internet message boards work.

Also, calling someone on their perceived bullshit in a public forum makes you just as much of a moral thug.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #26   5/11/13 2:36:15PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,959-1,110
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Aether

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Aether

Say whatever you want, I don't care about your opinion at all, it won't bother me.

your done posting for good. . Everybody else go on with your day and please try to ignore his post as you continue your discussions .

ADMIN

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #27   5/11/13 7:32:44PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,159-691
Chips:
This thread went from creepy to thread of the year just like that

Last edited 5/11/13 9:09PM server time by jjeans
Edit note/reason: n/a

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #28   5/11/13 9:09:18PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:872-548
Chips:
Aether with the walk off

Post #29   5/11/13 9:25:56PM   

VILLIN

Human/Sloth Hybrid

VILLIN Avatar

Career:1,837-1,058
Chips:
Banned for THAT? Maybe I spend too much time on Sherdog but that was rather limp wristed of the powers that be.

Post #30   5/11/13 9:33:30PM   

Page 2 of 5     1     2     3     4     5