Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Alvarez blames Viacom execs, not 'grunt' Rebney

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
After a couple months where it seemed a settlement was a possibility, Bellator and Eddie Alvarez have decided that a trial is the only way to settle their dispute. Earlier this week, the promotion's CEO Bjorn Rebney revealed that despite resolution seeming possible only a month ago, "everything went real dark." It didn't take long after that for Alvarez to get on Twitter to reiterate that settlement was no longer a possibility and he wanted to "let the truth come out."

Friday night, Alvarez followed that rant with another that showed his real problem isn't with Rebney, but the bosses at Viacom and Spike TV:

This is a lot less about Bjorn uys and a lot more about Viacom. I spoke with the higher ups and explained myself, basically was told, "Too bad." Bjorn only owns very little and I'm really not sure he has a say at all. I went over his and spoke with his bosses and here we are!

Link

Last edited 5/4/13 8:43PM server time by FastKnockout
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   5/4/13 8:41:03PM