Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC title shot likely in balance, Ellenberger 'not really sold' on MacDonald

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,621-903
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
At 8-1 in his past nine fights, Jake Ellenberger has been on a tear, and he's done it against some of the best talent in the UFC's welterweight division. That's why he isn't viewing his July fight with Rory MacDonald as the toughest of his career. He's simply not sold on "Ares" as a legitimate contender.

Link

Post #1   5/4/13 11:52:07AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:983-570
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Man I've wanted to see these two square off for at least 2 years now

Post #2   5/4/13 12:13:38PM   

SamPan

Standup Guy

Career:1,035-618
Chips:
I think he'll be sold on him during and after the fight

Post #3   5/4/13 3:12:49PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
i dont see how Mickey D is ready for a fight like this. if jake is to stay in the top echelon he has to essentually be a gate keeper for the top 5 until his title shot comes along. i think a win over McDonald would with out a doubt be good for his road to the title (even though McDonald probably wouldnt fight GSP because of the whole teammate thing but never the less hes a tough up and comer.)

Post #4   5/4/13 3:16:22PM   

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,423-873
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

(even though McDonald probably wouldnt fight GSP because of the whole teammate thing but never the less hes a tough up and comer.)

It is because of that reasoning that I want to see Ellenberger win the fight. If you're not fighting to compete against GSP or whoever is running the division when the time is right, then why fight. I've always said that if I was fighting and my best friend had the belt I would gleefully punch him in the face to get that gold. You fight to be the best and until you have the gold, you're not the best.

Post #5   5/4/13 8:45:25PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

Posted by tcunningham

(even though McDonald probably wouldnt fight GSP because of the whole teammate thing but never the less hes a tough up and comer.)

It is because of that reasoning that I want to see Ellenberger win the fight. If you're not fighting to compete against GSP or whoever is running the division when the time is right, then why fight. I've always said that if I was fighting and my best friend had the belt I would gleefully punch him in the face to get that gold. You fight to be the best and until you have the gold, you're not the best.

you say that now but I doubt if you actually trained with him everyday for years you'd be thinking the same. There is a reason why it doesn't happen in the big leagues (aka fighters in AKA, Tristar, Blackhouse, etc)

Last edited 5/4/13 10:19PM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #6   5/4/13 10:18:45PM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:1,940-1,207
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I think he will take him serious when Rory drops his sorry ass in the first round!

Post #7   5/5/13 3:28:45PM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,559-1,350
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Id fight my brother if it meant a shot at the family championship.

Post #8   5/5/13 4:48:01PM