Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Update #2 to the recent drama

Print  
  Page 6 of 10   <<   3     4     5     6     7     8     9   >>
Posted By Message

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
I've been pushed away from this site. Not going to give name(s). I understand exactly what Poor_Franklin is talking about.

Without going too deep into the subject ( I'm going to generalize this as much as possible without getting personal ).

When you are at work, it is easier to handle beefs with co-workers because they are your peers. It becomes more stressful and hostile when your beef is with management. I'm pretty sure you guys are clever enough to relate that to an online community site.

Stan Lee did say, "With greater power comes greater responsibility," and I'm a firm believer in the quote.

Post #76   5/6/13 12:16:13AM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,386-1,258
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Post #77   5/6/13 6:40:58AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster
Uncle Ben did say, "With greater power comes greater responsibility," and I'm a firm believer in the quote.

fixed

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #78   5/6/13 7:16:46AM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:1,238-784
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Post #79   5/6/13 7:21:52AM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,386-1,258
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Post #80   5/6/13 8:28:10AM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,897-1,500
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

I've been pushed away from this site. Not going to give name(s). I understand exactly what Poor_Franklin is talking about.

Without going too deep into the subject ( I'm going to generalize this as much as possible without getting personal ).

When you are at work, it is easier to handle beefs with co-workers because they are your peers. It becomes more stressful and hostile when your beef is with management. I'm pretty sure you guys are clever enough to relate that to an online community site.

Stan Lee did say, "With greater power comes greater responsibility," and I'm a firm believer in the quote.

But you still go to work, still do your work. Why does that affect you picking fights?

Post #81   5/6/13 9:33:09AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,126-652
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by KungFuMaster
Uncle Ben did say, "With greater power comes greater responsibility," and I'm a firm believer in the quote.

fixed

Post #82   5/6/13 9:44:07AM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,510-938
Chips:

Post #83   5/6/13 10:23:24AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:2,028-1,165
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

my comment mainly was directed towards 2-3 assholes on this site who have been here for years.

Name some names, let these people respond if they wish.

Post #84   5/6/13 11:37:56AM   

Michael_Corleone

Belt Contender

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:1,182-621
Chips:

Posted by Ordep

I feel like I need to post something that everyone will agree with so...

Post #85   5/6/13 11:51:18AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Traitor

trai·tor - noun

1 : one who betrays another's trust or is false to an obligation or duty
2 : one who commits treason

Well, at least he's batting .1000

If that happened in West Linn, two things would happen....

1) Boot party followed by...
2) Being exposed to watch Van-da-lay "fight"

Last edited 5/6/13 11:54AM server time by chael_sonnen
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #86   5/6/13 11:52:54AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by KungFuMaster

But you still go to work, still do your work. Why does that affect you picking fights?

When you have beef with co-workers, you learn to ignore him or her. When you have beef with management, you start to look for another job.

Aside from my experiences here, I have witnessed at least one Mod drive away a once active member. I think the poster was permanently banned. I witnessed the build up of the confrontation. I saw how the moderator treated him.

The dialogue went something like this...

Poster A - I think fighter X has no heart.

Moderator A - Say that again and you're gone.

Poster A - Why can't I express my opinion?

BAN HAMMER FALLS DOWN!

If you're going to accept the responsibility of a higher position, then learn to be more professional. Learn to better phrase your thoughts. This>>>"Say it again and see what happens" is certainly not going to have posters wanting to keep posting. I have been there and done that in the ufc forums and it looks like it's happening here or was happening when I was actively posting.

Anyway, my choice to not be an active poster is not the result of a single incident; it is the culmination of many small things which have perpetuated to their extremities resulting in a hostile environment for me. I am only posting nowadays because I'm an easy going person. I let bygones be bygones.

Post #87   5/6/13 12:52:03PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,351-1,264
Chips:
I love lamp

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #88   5/6/13 1:10:00PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:2,003-1,175
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
Too many rules shit gets boring.

not enough rules...site is a giant shit show.

If this Rabie guy who everyone is soo up in arms about wasn't doing something he shouldn't of been doing than this never happens. I can give a list of about 50 members that are gone from bans and other reasons that were quality posters and the site carrys on.This site back in 09 was badass forum wise, whatever happened i dunno...but then you'd have about 30-50 regulars...not it seems like the same 15-20. I don't post a lot because i don't post just to post...i have to have a reason and logic to post.

I Actually think that due to how many UFC events there are nowadays it makes this less interesting...With multiple events in a month and odd time zones with non North America events...people who lose track miss their picks and say fuck it...I think that's why picks wise there has been drop offs.

Post #89   5/6/13 1:17:40PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,126-652
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Less talk, more Kate Upton

Post #90   5/6/13 1:17:49PM   

Page 6 of 10   <<   3     4     5     6     7     8     9   >>