Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Update #2 to the recent drama

Print  
  Page 5 of 10   <<   2     3     4     5     6     7     8   >>
Posted By Message

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,409-867
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

He ran 17 sidegames.

Unfortunately you must run a minimum of 18 sidegames to be above the rules.

Post #61   5/5/13 11:19:10AM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,409-867
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

I always pictured:

I wish! I moved to a new state a couple months ago and I can't afford to fry my brain with the workload I have at the moment, otherwise that sounds like a GREAT idea.

Post #62   5/5/13 11:22:54AM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:944-621
Camp: the thuggee's
Chips:
I don't know the details and I really don't care to know them, but rabi seems happy doing what he's doing so this whole thead seems pointless to me. Just my opinion

Post #63   5/5/13 11:27:56AM   

KingCmb

Standup Guy

KingCmb Avatar

Career:935-862
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by the-king

Posted by Poor_Franklin

FYI: I'll update my Premium Membership when I see updates & improvements on the site.

Not to be a dick, but many never go Premium at all, yet pretend to love the site more than others.

that was a little uncalled for some people who arent premium have much better reasons than im gonna wait till i see what i want and i know some of them love the site plenty

Indulge me then, I am interested in these much better reasons.

not having the money not having a paypal not wanting to be excluded.

if your gonna sit around and complain that the site is not what it used to be then you need to stop having that attitude of theres premium members and everyone else is a bum pretending to love the site......shit like that is the reason people dont stick around iv had props and PMs saying "good post man post more" or " we need more posters stick around" and many other encourging thoughts but they have come from non premiums as well as premiums. but those guys who encouraged me and had me stick around must be pretending to love the site since they look at adds. Im here everyday posting when i can and reading everything iv been on this site in one way or another since i was 15 i have made life long freinds here but it turns me off when theres a heirarchy on the boards and new people and non premiums are looked down on

Post #64   5/5/13 11:38:50AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,126-675
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Thanks for your post DTM, it has made things clearer. Although it sucks I do kinda understand. You know yourself the PG will be my MMA Home, whether you guys actually want me here or not

It just upset me when a big figure in the PG was banned. Ray was without a doubt in the top 3 biggest named playgrounders since I've joined and to lose him is a huge blow.

Last edited 5/5/13 11:43AM server time by jjeans
Edit note/reason: n/a

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #65   5/5/13 11:42:16AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,409-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
After hearing the exact details, I don't see any other way DTM could've handled the situation. When a bank teller leaves their shift at Bank of America, they don't take their till with a few grand in it over to Chase to work an extra few hours and put the money from both jobs in the vault only at Chase. That's not how business works. Ray chose another fantasy MMA site over the PG for his fantasy MMA related promoting purposes while dropping the PG entirely in the process from any Mental-related vocabulary. I think Ray is a great guy but you won't see me coming to defend that move.

I think the fact that his account was kept active even after learning all this and admin being open to talking further even after a mass-PM blast promoting another fantasy MMA site happened.... Maybe it's the right move for Ray to make, that's not my call, but it's without a doubt, obviously not something for The PG/DTM/The Mods to even have to extend well beyond normal business parameters to even be willing to talk further about reactivating the account which they've said they're open to.

I hope Ray considers an amicable solution with admin at some point as 99% of us only have contact with him through the PG and I have always enjoyed having him around and if his time here is done so will be many friendships for those that only come across him on this site. If you do read this Ray, we'd all hate to see you go, but if your future endeavors are elsewhere.... I guess it is what it is.

That being said, I think a lot of what happened has been lost in translation and the PG has been the one bending a lot further on this one because of Ray's dedication over the years. I can't think of more than a very small handful of members who could do these things and still have admin open to reactivating the account if an agreeable common ground is found. I know you can see that and hopefully take it into account Ray.

Now, DTM, if you can stop over-apologizing and taking a larger chunk of the blame than you should for things non-new-site-layout-related, I can stop finding Lost in Translation posters........

Last edited 5/5/13 1:36PM server time by Kpro
3 total post edits

Post #66   5/5/13 11:53:12AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,424-810
Chips:

Posted by the-king

Posted by Poor_Franklin

FYI: I'll update my Premium Membership when I see updates & improvements on the site.

Not to be a dick, but many never go Premium at all, yet pretend to love the site more than others.

that was a little uncalled for some people who arent premium have much better reasons than im gonna wait till i see what i want and i know some of them love the site plenty

my wording was poor & had some xanax in me. I meant in no way to say non-premium members dont love the site. i was just saying that some, not all, have this "i care about this site more than you" attitude, yet have never bothered to give the site $25.

wasnt trying to step on your toes, or most other non premiums toes man.

i do feel that if more people were premium, the site owner would be quicker to work on the new update

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #67   5/5/13 2:52:51PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:804-509
Chips:

Post #68   5/5/13 3:04:19PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,424-810
Chips:

Posted by the-king

it turns me off when theres a heirarchy on the boards and new people and non premiums are looked down on

ive never once acted in this way & honestly cant remember any other premium member acting like they were better than new people or no-premiums. the only joke ive EVER seen is someone say

"What ads?"

my comment mainly was directed towards 2-3 assholes on this site who have been here for years.

these shitty pricks not only arent willing to donate to their favorite site, but also choose to run others off (one in particular has ran more than a couple off the boards since ive joined), yet act like they care.

if you dont donate, that is fine. i understand money is tight. mine has been too since i first went premium. but to go out of your way to run other people away from the game & the forums, yet pretend like you care, is ridiculous & yet we still have to see them on here all the time. these people do way more damage to our boards & site than Ray ever did

i really do apologize for not being clearer earlier & sounding like i was mad at everyone who hasnt donated, but if i called them out directly, id get a forum ban, so instead i accidentally used a poor choice of words.

fyi, im unsubscribing from this thread & not reading it anymore. nothing good can come of this thread.

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #69   5/5/13 3:12:50PM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:1,988-1,230
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

I see a potential gold mine here. I have not seen this much pointless drama since I forced myself to watch one episode of The Real World.

TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!

Post #70   5/5/13 3:34:29PM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
I feel like I need to post something that everyone will agree with so...

Last edited 5/5/13 6:01PM server time by Ordep

Post #71   5/5/13 6:00:58PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

that should win post of the year

Last edited 5/5/13 10:00PM server time by bubbles

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #72   5/5/13 9:59:31PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:730-442
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

[to go out of your way to run other people away from the game & the forums, yet pretend like you care, is ridiculous & yet we still have to see them on here all the time. these people do way more damage to our boards & site than Ray ever did

fyi, im unsubscribing from this thread & not reading it anymore. nothing good can come of this thread.

Fucking A, too right.
/thread

Post #73   5/5/13 10:45:59PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

sucks to be you

Posted by Ordep

I feel like I need to post something that everyone will agree with so...

Last edited 5/5/13 10:57PM server time by bubbles

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #74   5/5/13 10:57:10PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,606-1,363
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by the-king

it turns me off when theres a heirarchy on the boards and new people and non premiums are looked down on

ive never once acted in this way & honestly cant remember any other premium member acting like they were better than new people or no-premiums. the only joke ive EVER seen is someone say

"What ads?"

my comment mainly was directed towards 2-3 assholes on this site who have been here for years.

these shitty pricks not only arent willing to donate to their favorite site, but also choose to run others off (one in particular has ran more than a couple off the boards since ive joined), yet act like they care.

if you dont donate, that is fine. i understand money is tight. mine has been too since i first went premium. but to go out of your way to run other people away from the game & the forums, yet pretend like you care, is ridiculous & yet we still have to see them on here all the time. these people do way more damage to our boards & site than Ray ever did

i really do apologize for not being clearer earlier & sounding like i was mad at everyone who hasnt donated, but if i called them out directly, id get a forum ban, so instead i accidentally used a poor choice of words.

Doing damage to a forum board, give me a break man. Why would you come to a site, daily, but don't care? People have their reasons they dont donate, just as I have mine.

Post #75   5/5/13 11:05:30PM   

Page 5 of 10   <<   2     3     4     5     6     7     8   >>