Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Update #2 to the recent drama

Print  
  Page 4 of 10     1     2     3     4     5     6     7   >>
Posted By Message

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,180-704
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I'm not gonna come out and fuel you into a debate as you seem to thrive off when that happens Shawn, you hated Ray even before he banned you. You PM'd other teams telling them to specifically beat Ray. Now IMO that's classic bullying but whatever, like calling your bigger stronger brother to do your dirty work but

He ran 17 sidegames.

You ran one and said you "wanted out" try running 3 or 4 at once and you'll see it's tough.

The sidegame forum was the second most active forum and that's pretty much thanks to Rabi.

And as I said before and the point seems to have gone astray due to people picking at other things I said.

Who did he recruit? And who left the PG?

If this is a matter of him sending a PM with another sites name that's poor. I know other posters are on Tapology etc. I've had PMs from other MODs telling me to sign up to other sites! Cause the MODs have been confident I won't leave the PG anyway.

There's now hundreds of fantasy sites out there and this site has been promised changes, changes that haven't come.

And I know all of this stemmed from me. Saying x is the best fantasy site on the net. I'd been told to say that. I want Patrick and Jake to come on this thread and tell everyone about all those times I advertised the PG on the MMA Roundtable without being asked.

I never once got credited for that but as soon as I mention another site somehow that echos to the admins.

Last edited 5/5/13 5:54AM server time by jjeans
Edit note/reason: n/a

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #46   5/5/13 5:54:02AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,606-913
Chips:
FYI: I'll update my Premium Membership when I see updates & improvements on the site.

Not to be a dick, but many never go Premium at all, yet pretend to love the site more than others.

Post #47   5/5/13 6:27:18AM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,802-1,452
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

I'm not gonna come out and fuel you into a debate as you seem to thrive off when that happens Shawn, you hated Ray even before he banned you. You PM'd other teams telling them to specifically beat Ray. Now IMO that's classic bullying but whatever, like calling your bigger stronger brother to do your dirty work but

He ran 17 sidegames.

You ran one and said you "wanted out" try running 3 or 4 at once and you'll see it's tough.

The sidegame forum was the second most active forum and that's pretty much thanks to Rabi.

And as I said before and the point seems to have gone astray due to people picking at other things I said.

Who did he recruit? And who left the PG?

If this is a matter of him sending a PM with another sites name that's poor. I know other posters are on Tapology etc. I've had PMs from other MODs telling me to sign up to other sites! Cause the MODs have been confident I won't leave the PG anyway.

There's now hundreds of fantasy sites out there and this site has been promised changes, changes that haven't come.

And I know all of this stemmed from me. Saying x is the best fantasy site on the net. I'd been told to say that. I want Patrick and Jake to come on this thread and tell everyone about all those times I advertised the PG on the MMA Roundtable without being asked.

I never once got credited for that but as soon as I mention another site somehow that echos to the admins.

Dont put words in my mouth. I disliked Rabi before he banned me, when he threatened me is when I hated him. Someone has to do something to me for me to hate them. I pmed teams to beat your camp in a game, how the fuck is that bullying? Its a game man

Post #48   5/5/13 8:57:53AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,180-704
Chips:
Why'd you dislike him though?!

If its just a game why can't you just enjoy playing it without feeling the need to beat someone you don't even know.... I can understand camp competition but really. You're feelings against him are so much to the point you need to get other teams to beat someone... Wow

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #49   5/5/13 9:10:53AM   

KingCmb

Standup Guy

KingCmb Avatar

Career:935-862
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

FYI: I'll update my Premium Membership when I see updates & improvements on the site.

Not to be a dick, but many never go Premium at all, yet pretend to love the site more than others.

that was a little uncalled for some people who arent premium have much better reasons than im gonna wait till i see what i want and i know some of them love the site plenty

Post #50   5/5/13 9:11:09AM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,802-1,452
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Why'd you dislike him though?!

If its just a game why can't you just enjoy playing it without feeling the need to beat someone you don't even know.... I can understand camp competition but really. You're feelings against him are so much to the point you need to get other teams to beat someone... Wow

Thats what a game is, trying to beat others regardless if I know them or not, that's what competition is. I wasn't in the division, and as I said before it was to beat your camp not an individual

Post #51   5/5/13 9:50:45AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,075-626
Chips:

Posted by the-king

Posted by Poor_Franklin

that was a little uncalled for some people who arent premium have much better reasons than im gonna wait till i see what i want and i know some of them love the site plenty

Indulge me then, I am interested in these much better reasons.

Post #52   5/5/13 10:39:10AM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,510-938
Chips:
The court of public opinion is a popularity contest.

Maybe we should just un-ban all former members and invite them to promote their own competing businesses here for free? I'll even build a tool so that they can broadcast to your PM and email so that they won't have to do it manually like Ray did. If ya do it for one, then how can you say "no" to the others? Gotta be fair to everyone ya know...

I will say that as much as everyone is concerned with Ray's feelings, that this experience has changed the way I look at things here for sure. The mods approached me and asked me to handle the situation. I did. I didn't want Ray gone, I didn't want the assignment of dealing with it, Ray did A LOT of great stuff here, but here we are nonetheless. There's not a whole lot of things that could have happened differently.

A lot of the angst is bleeding over from the lack of updates and muddying the judgements being cast here as well IMO.

I don't know what day his account was deactivated, but he did have SOME time after his deactivation and all he did was use it to promote the competing site that he's now part-owner of. In fact he never even responded to me from the 2 messages that I did send him at the beginning.

Despite all this bullshit I still stand by the statement that I'm down to work things (within reason) after things have cooled down a bit. Everyone's pretty raw on the topic at the moment still.

Post #53   5/5/13 10:44:01AM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Chips:
So as not to break the theme

Post #54   5/5/13 10:46:33AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,266-824
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
^^^

Nice

Post #55   5/5/13 10:48:00AM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Chips:
Since when has anyone here ever been banned for having an opinion? Are people actually fear-mongering on a message board? Did Alex Jones do a radio show recently where he said that MMAPG is out to ban you?

Post #56   5/5/13 10:55:49AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,583-1,321
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
EDIT

Last edited 5/5/13 11:53AM server time by Kpro
3 total post edits

Post #57   5/5/13 11:05:09AM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Chips:
Figured that I would take a picture of what it looks like when I'm doing stuff on MMAPG so that you guys can see that I'm a human with feelings like everyone else:

Post #58   5/5/13 11:13:56AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,583-1,321
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Figured that I would take a picture of what it looks like when I'm doing stuff on MMAPG so that you guys can see that I'm a human with feelings like everyone else:

I always pictured:

Post #59   5/5/13 11:18:00AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,266-824
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Well I cant speak for other people but ill give you my view on the banning thing.

Imo yes, there is fear mongering to an extent. The only reason i have come to that conclusion, is because of the drop in post numbers. Sure other factors have attributed to that, but I know of atleast one member who doesnt post hardly ever anymore (Aether) and he was banned. Now i dont know hisbl story, and tbh dont really know if it had to do with the banning. But from personal experience, when you get banned you dont really want to post anymore when your allowed back. I was banned a looong time ago for saying roy nelson punches like a girl. And at the time i thought that was so uncool. When i was allowed back i layed low and even took a hiatus from the site. I felt betrayed by the site that i had been apart of from the beginning. In the end i came back. And im glad i did. Ita really cool to still see members from back in the day. From when a time you werent known at all and didn't post much. I feel known now here. george112. not a very memorable username but an OG nonetheless!

Cowcatcher
Budgellism
Prophecy033
Emfleek
Zephead
Telnights
Ncordless
papercut
postman
hotrodttt
prozacnation1978
Shawn91111
Kpro
Boo_Radley
etc.. (07ers)
all stuck around and i remember so clearly of a time when alot of them were relatively unknown

I dont frequent any other mma site. I love this site. I mean come on, what other public forum would I put my first and last names!!?? haha NOT ONE is the answer. And i do it because i genuinely feel like im apart of something here.

lol damn didnt mean to sound like a sentimental girlfriend but thats just how i feel about the PG

Last edited 5/5/13 11:21AM server time by George112

Post #60   5/5/13 11:19:02AM   

Page 4 of 10     1     2     3     4     5     6     7   >>