Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Update #2 to the recent drama

Print  
  Page 3 of 10     1     2     3     4     5     6   >>
Posted By Message

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,622-1,372
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Don't discredit the guy just because you don't like him Shawn. Trust me, those side games aren't a walk in the park to run. Not only did he create them all, he ran them continuously season after season. You don't take part in them for whatever reason but a bunch of us do. Rabi did a lot of good for the site and in my opinion (and many others) losing him is a pretty big blow. Saying "What did he do?" is where you come off as a dick. You're just instigating at that point and I'm pretty sure you know that.

I'll agree that a lot of people probably aren't scared to post. Some people are close to Rabi and also close to his projects outside of the Playground though. After seeing him get banned the way he did I'm sure there are some people who feel a little uneasy about the mod's stance on the situation.

Ive never been in the side game forum, I participated and ran the camp side game a few years ago when I took it over from Wolfenstein and it took a little bit to update, then Rabi took it over after I wanted out. Just as im sure others can take over those side games

Post #31   5/4/13 8:44:42PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,433-817
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Ive never been in the side game forum, I participated and ran the camp side game a few years ago when I took it over from Wolfenstein and it took a little bit to update, then Rabi took it over after I wanted out. Just as im sure others can take over those side games

since youve never been in the forum, you have no idea how difficult it is to keep up with the all the games he ran. also, since youve never been in the forum, it pretty much means you have no knowledge on the situation & your input is insignificant.

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #32   5/4/13 8:57:39PM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:
Also, has anyone considered DTM is doing this just to get "Thread of the Year"?

Post #33   5/4/13 8:58:15PM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Shawn91111

since youve never been in the forum, you have no idea how difficult it is to keep up with the all the games he ran. also, since youve never been in the forum, it pretty much means you have no knowledge on the situation & your input is insignificant.

Are you saying nobody can take it over?

Post #34   5/4/13 8:58:44PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Shawn91111

Are you saying nobody can take it over?

most want to play, not run games. that's why everyone enjoyed rabi running them. people play for fun. rabi was the rare case that actually got pleasure out of running them.

i play nearly every game, bc its fun. most people dont enjoy running games,which is why there's only a handful of people on the site with their own games.

some have 1 or 2. rabi had about 25-30

Last edited 5/4/13 9:02PM server time by Poor_Franklin
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #35   5/4/13 9:00:56PM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:
Let Jake run it he has nothing else to do

Post #36   5/4/13 9:01:43PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Chips:
stay classy Shawn

Post #37   5/4/13 9:04:07PM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:
Thank you for noticing

Post #38   5/4/13 9:09:27PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:816-522
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Let Jake run it he has nothing else to do

i wish i had nothing else to do.. id be glad to take over lol

Post #39   5/4/13 9:33:21PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-792
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:

It was just getting good

Post #40   5/4/13 9:33:22PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
I could have sworn Blueskiesburn had returned

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #41   5/4/13 10:43:48PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,232-1,201
Chips:
Wow, I logged on earlier today, and this thread had about 11 posts. When I logged back on tonight, over 40

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #42   5/4/13 11:08:01PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Whether the MOD's liked it or not from the face of these boards it looks like Rabi put in more work to this site than the majority of the MODs over the last year or so. Yes things might go on behind the scenes but from where I stand and I'm sure other members, it appears that the admins have just left the site to die.

Rabi logged in daily, maintained what he started, made the site enjoyable to others, and put full commitment into this site.

If he recruited people who did it actually work on???? Now I'm a close friend of Ray and I know Patrick is too, he recruited us but did we ever leave? No. He wanted us to be a part of the PG and he wanted to team up with the PG. he wanted to make big steps with the management. How'd I know this because I heard him out. But he got fed up of waiting...

If Ray began to partner with another fantasy site because this site has been stagnant on changes, then I cant really blame him. It's been well over a year since "big changes" to this site was being thrown around (not the specifics but just that something big was coming) by mods and DTM but all that I've noticed was a logo change. I know real life take priority, but this proposed makeover is taking far too long. In fact I havent heard anything about it since the end of last summer, right around the time when BSB decided to take time away from the Playground.

There also was a server change that caused the site to fuck up for about 3 weeks which I'm sure made a good portion of the site to leave. I'm not blaming anyone for this as it needed to be done but it definitely played a roll in the decrease in numbers.

When I joined the site sometime in season 6 there were 8,595 members who made picks. Season 10 had 5,587 , it dropped to 2,989 after last season, and now after one event in season 16 only 2,130 have made picks. Something clearly needs to be done to attract more people to the site/bring back old members. The proposed makeover was supposed to do just this. This current fiasco with Ray doesn't help the cause either

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #43   5/4/13 11:08:56PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-792
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
my loyalty to this site is unparalleled

Post #44   5/5/13 12:52:02AM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,562-1,368
Chips:
This is a free website, thats all I have to say. People come and go, I miss wolf man, mastodon, juanez and cmill. We're MMA fans acting like tennis fans. Come on boys, lets move on.

Post #45   5/5/13 3:05:33AM   

Page 3 of 10     1     2     3     4     5     6   >>