Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

An awful start to your day

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,499-922
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
So last night after watching a movie in theaters I went a few miles out of town to visit a buddy of mine at like 3 AM. We both work nights so we're always awake all night and go to bed around the time the sun comes up. Well at about 8 am this morning he gets tired so I decide to grab my movies and various other shit I brought and decide I should go home. Well, it had been raining most of the night and it was pretty fucking cold out and still raining. It's like 39 degrees out around that time and it's still kinda raining.

I get in my car and back out onto the highway and start heading home, and my house is literally maybe five minutes away, and of course with slick as shit wet roads I encounter the one asshole on the road who decides fuck safety and other drivers he's going to go speeding around all corners. Well as I enter the turn he is coming around and he is riding the center line and a little over it going god knows how fast so I quickly have to move out of the way to avoid getting taken out by a truck that looks like it eats cars like mine for breakfast. The tail end of my car starts to spin out as that dick drives on by not a care in the world. Rather than ride it out and correct it when the car has ran it's coarse like I know is the right thing to do, I think about how just like 6 months before I hit a deer and totaled my old car, and I panic and try to adjust and correct it.

Needless to say it only made things worse and my car entered a full on spin went down a hill and span around completely at least once and slammed passenger side first into a tree. At that point I am beyond pissed off. If I could have gotten hold of that guy I would've rung his neck. I mean I had just ordered a dash kit and a cd player than ran me $150+ dollars and they had just gotten in yesterday and I was going to install them today. My parents aren't too happy about it either considering they just got the car for me less than a year ago and I'm still on their insurance, plus just a month before my brother had lost control of his old car and hit a tree and totaled it, though his was because he was an idiot and driving fast on gravel. Now I am once again minus a car and have a dash kit that I've already called in to try and have it returned for a refund since I won't be needing it and the people won't take it back because it was a "custom dash kit that they can't use" or what the fuck ever.

Silver lining though is that I'm perfectly fine, walked away 100% unscathed and am dealing with no more pain than I had prior to the accident. It's also a good thing the trees were there to stop my car because there was a pond just beyond them that I would've undoubtedly ended up in. I can doggy paddle like a sumbitch, but I don't think I would've made it out of that.

For those of you who read this long ass rant, sorry to put you through such a long read, but I really felt like I needed to vent what with being super pissed off about not having a car again, and I figured what better and more receptive group of people to rant to than my fellow members of the PG.

Post #1   5/2/13 8:24:09PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Sorry to hear that, man. The other driver seams like an asshole! Did they even stop to see if you where ok?

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #2   5/2/13 8:41:53PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,838-1,149
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
sorry to hear. But i did something like that to somebuddy last year getting on the highway. he was going slow as i got on I think he paniced he had to be 50-60 feet behind me as i got on but sure enough he spun out and smacked right into the guard rail. as I drove home the car was still there

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #3   5/2/13 9:07:20PM   

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Sorry to hear that, man. The other driver seams like an asshole! Did they even stop to see if you where ok?

Nope. He just kept on driving. A bunch of other people stopped to check on me as I paced back on forth talking to my mom on the phone telling her what happened, but that specific driver never did. I rarely ever drive recklessly and the most I have ever went over the listed speed limit was 10 over on the interstate, other than that I only ever go 5 over. Still, if I caused an accident I'd immediately stop and check on them. I'd feel like crap about it. It's kind of sad to see that people with common courtesy are becoming the minority now days.

Post #4   5/2/13 9:20:12PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,733-1,430
Chips:
I always said NY has the worst drivers anywhere, until I moved to South Florida. But there are dumbass drivers everywhere.

Post #5   5/2/13 9:21:23PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,045-1,204
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
No need to apologize bro, we all need to vent. I've wrecked a few cars actually. Fell asleep once driving home from work and took out a phone distribution box that costed $80,000. State Farm payed for it and subsequently dropped me. Also, totaled my dads car on my way to my sisters wedding. I didn't tell him until after.

At an rate, this will be a somewhat funny story in about 6-7 years so no worries

Post #6   5/2/13 9:24:28PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:896-557
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

I always said NY has the worst drivers anywhere, until I moved to South Florida. But there are dumbass drivers everywhere.

Yeah, wherever you go there seems to be an abundance of shit drivers.

I'm glad you're okay though man, that's scary as shit!! Fuck that guy, I wish you'd have been able to get his plates.. I'm not one for snitching but that dude needs to be reported before he kills someone.

Post #7   5/2/13 9:25:17PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,803-1,002
Chips:
Man, that's gotta suck. Glad to hear you're alright, though. That guy will get what's coming to him eventually.

Post #8   5/2/13 9:25:21PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,279-1,225
Chips:
Glad you're alright. I've lucked out, and have never caused, nor been in an accident.

MN has some terrible passive aggressive drivers. I've unfortunately developed a bit of a temper dealing with idiots on the road.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #9   5/2/13 9:44:43PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,310-1,223
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Glad you're okay man.

Post #10   5/2/13 9:57:30PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,847-1,629
Chips:
What an asshole. Glad you're alright man. That could have ended very differently. It's scary to think how many reckless drivers there are on the road.

Post #11   5/2/13 10:07:14PM   

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kopower

Glad you're alright. I've lucked out, and have never caused, nor been in an accident.

Prior to this and hitting the deer with my old car I had never once been in an accident or anything. It sucks that, as far as insurance company's go, with 2 accidents in under a year I'm probably going to be singled out as an unsafe driver in the future despite an otherwise clean driving record, and I'll probably get higher rates when I get out from under my parents' plan.

Still, I appreciate everybody's support or concern, or condolences (not really sure what it would be called in this situation), for my well being. There's probably not very many places on the web with the family style community and support that we have here.

Post #12   5/2/13 10:22:54PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
Wow dude. Sounds like a terrible morning. Good to hear your ok. Sorry to hear about it.

Post #13   5/3/13 8:55:57AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
I'm glad you're OK.

Post #14   5/3/13 11:36:50AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
I was going to write a lot more but I got interrupted. What I wanted to say is this ...

Hang in there. Material things come and go. Yes, the loss of your car will hurt for a while but it'll eventually fade. The important thing is you made it out of this unscathed. From your post, I know you understand how lucky you were ... and so I just want to help you think more about "your positive outcome."

The good news is - we sitll have UFCFanatic posting on PG.

Post #15   5/3/13 1:31:57PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2