Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Kogan: Roy Nelson gains nothing from Cormier fight

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by OnyxShadow

Right now Cormier has a more legitimate claim to a title shot than Antonio Silva (or any other HW) does. Nelson has done very well in his current win streak, but its hard to imagine him having any more luck than the previous times he was matched against top competition. So I don't know how Nelson's management makes the argument that this fight wouldn't help Roy other than silly posturing.

Oh yeah. Nelson also has very little chance against Cormier if they do fight.

Very little chance? Cormier has yet to face off against a powerful striker (Silva is no Nelson), and Nelson's ground game is criminally underrated because he is usually knocking fools out. I think it would be a very close fight, and I may even lean towards Cormier, but there's no way in hell I'd bet money on him.

Post #16   5/1/13 11:09:11PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,547-1,624
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
IMO, its a combo of UFC casual fans not knowing him (despite his win over Mir), his lack of impression on the crowd by winning a wall and stall in his debut, and how bad of a match up he is to anyone not named Cain...he could very well be a UFC Champion some day soon and everyone knows it.

Post #17   5/2/13 1:39:28AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,512-891
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Very little chance? Cormier has yet to face off against a powerful striker (Silva is no Nelson), and Nelson's ground game is criminally underrated because he is usually knocking fools out. I think it would be a very close fight, and I may even lean towards Cormier, but there's no way in hell I'd bet money on him.

MMAth bro.

Mir beat Roy. Cormier beat Mir. Therefore Cormier will beat Roy. Its 100%.

Post #18   5/2/13 12:09:55PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2