Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fights to make after UFC 159

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

CPK

Learning to Sprawl

CPK Avatar

Career:1,516-954
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by tattflash

I agree with Bubbles, Bigfoot has beat Overeem easily, when Overeem was slated as the next likely contender, he also put Browne to sleep, and Browne is a potential future contender once he gets his run back together. All the other Heavyweights are tied up, so Silva is the only logical choice for the fight. It was also his UFC debut against Cain, and whilst I do not think he will beat Cain, you have to take that element into consideration. And as Bubbles stated JDS beat Cains ass royally in their first fight before Cain's hammering of JDS in the return.
Bones put a beating on Sonnen and he should not get a rematch, I have never liked Bones, but, you cannot fail to be impressed with someone who destroys all comers with the ease that he does.

JDS did not beat Cain's ass royally. Did you watch the fight? JDS had a lucky clip right behind Cain's ear.

Post #16   5/6/13 8:46:25PM   

tattflash

Belt Contender

tattflash Avatar

Career:2,614-1,860
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by CPK

Posted by tattflash

I agree with Bubbles, Bigfoot has beat Overeem easily, when Overeem was slated as the next likely contender, he also put Browne to sleep, and Browne is a potential future contender once he gets his run back together. All the other Heavyweights are tied up, so Silva is the only logical choice for the fight. It was also his UFC debut against Cain, and whilst I do not think he will beat Cain, you have to take that element into consideration. And as Bubbles stated JDS beat Cains ass royally in their first fight before Cain's hammering of JDS in the return.
Bones put a beating on Sonnen and he should not get a rematch, I have never liked Bones, but, you cannot fail to be impressed with someone who destroys all comers with the ease that he does.

JDS did not beat Cain's ass royally. Did you watch the fight? JDS had a lucky clip right behind Cain's ear.

Yes and I just watched it again in case I forgot what happened. An over hand right to the side of the head is not a lucky clip behind the ear, it was a full blooded hook that rocked Cain and the GnP by JDS was vicious,

JDS/Cain 1

That to me is a solid punch and not a lucky clip

Last edited 5/7/13 1:18PM server time by tattflash
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #17   5/7/13 11:39:13AM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:1,300-892
Chips:
I don't think Bigfoot beat Overeem easily, he had to survive for 10 minutes before the opportunity arose and he capitalized on it. Also I don't think Bigfoot would of beaten Browne had Browne not torn his hamstring. I would call Cain vs JDS one a quick clean finish. I would call Cain vs JDS to a royal ass whopping anhilbliteration.

Last edited 5/7/13 2:27PM server time by GDPofMPG
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #18   5/7/13 2:25:14PM   

CPK

Learning to Sprawl

CPK Avatar

Career:1,516-954
Chips:

Posted by tattflash

Posted by CPK

Posted by tattflash

Yes and I just watched it again in case I forgot what happened. An over hand right to the side of the head is not a lucky clip behind the ear, it was a full blooded hook that rocked Cain and the GnP by JDS was vicious,

JDS/Cain 1

That to me is a solid punch and not a lucky clip

Yep-still looks like a clip behind the ear and definitely NOT a hook (box much)......um......thank you for proving my point with video. Anybody can dish out "vicious GnP" to a disoriented fighter, I believe they practice it on body bags at the gym- remember Matt S vs GSP- I'm just saying. JDS received the win and deserved it- it just wasn't an ass beating. Cain vs JDS II was an ass beating- every centimeter of JDS's face was swollen almost beyond recognition.

Post #19   5/7/13 8:53:28PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2