Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fights to make after UFC 159

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

DrivenDavies15

MMA Sensei

DrivenDavies15 Avatar

Career:1,474-834
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Weird ass night of fights lol. It could have been ever worse had the ref let the fight go to the second round and the fight would've been stopped due to that gruesome toe of Jones so thank god that didn't happen. The fights were pretty good, couple upsets and nice finishes. Pat Healy impressed the hell out of me completely under estimated that guy, good for him.

Jon Jones - Alexander Gustafsson or Lyoto Machida
Chael Sonnen - I'd like to see him go down to MW and fight the Belfort/Rockhold loser or if stays at LHW Forrest Griffiin
Michael Bisping - Yushin Okami or Cung Le
Alan Belcher - Brian Stann or Boetsch/Munoz loser
Roy Nelson - Daniel Cormier or Hunt/Dos Santos winner
Chieck Kongo - Stefan Struve or Gabriel Gonzaga
Phil Davis - Ryan bader or Gegard Mousasi
Vinny Magalhaes - Anthony Perosh or Joey Beltran
Pat Healy - Josh Thomson 2 or Gilbert Melendez
Jim Miller - Cerrone/Noons loser or Dos Anjos/Dunham loser
Rustam Khabilov - Trinaldo/Rio winner or Rafello Oliveira
Yancy Medieros - Joe Proctor or Vinc Pichel
Ovince St Preux - Cody Donovan or Hollet/Maldonado winner
Gian Villante - Ednaldo Oliveira or Ilir Latifi
Sara McMann - Carmouche/Tate winner or Davis/Sexton winner
Shiela Gaff - Amanda Nunes
Bryan Caraway - Eril Perez or TJ Dillashaw
Johny Bedford - Chico Camus or Issei Tamura
Cody McKenzie - Andy Ogle or Steven Siler
Leonard Garcia - Cut
Steven Siler - Cody McKenzie or Maximo Blanco
Kurt Holobaugh - Cut

Post #1   4/28/13 1:33:58PM   

mcdonald_samuel7

Learning to Sprawl

mcdonald_samuel7 Avatar

Career:223-140
Chips:
I agree with all of those except i think a good fight for Belcher (apart from Stann) would be Rich Franklin. To be honest i think Franklin will get either Belcher or Stann next.

Post #2   4/29/13 6:43:29AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,474-877
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
Jon Jones - Daniel Cormier
Chael Sonnen - Wanderlei Silva
Michael Bisping - Cung Le
Alan Belcher - Karlos Vemola
Roy Nelson - Alistair Overeem
Chieck Kongo - Cut
Phil Davis - Gegard Mousasi
Vinny Magalhaes - Ovince St. Preux
Pat Healy - Gray Maynard
Jim Miller - Raphael Dos Anjos
Rustam Khabilov - Michael Chiesa
Sara McMann - Cat Zigano
Bryan Caraway - Vaughan Lee
Cody McKenzie - Hatsu Hioki
Leonard Garcia - Cut

Last edited 4/29/13 9:13AM server time by State_Champ
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   4/29/13 9:13:02AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,847-1,629
Chips:
Jon Jones - Alexander Gustafsson/Lyoto Machida winner
Chael Sonnen - Wandy
Michael Bisping - Ronaldo Souza/Constantinos Philippou winner
Alan Belcher - Brian Stann makes sense
Roy Nelson - Daniel Cormier or Mark Hunt (whether he wins or loses)
Chieck Kongo - Fabricio Werdum/Big Nog loser
Phil Davis - Ryan Bader
Vinny Magalhaes - Rafael Cavalcante/Thiago Silva loser
Pat Healy - Rafael Dos Anjos/Evan Dunham winner
Jim Miller - Donald Cerrone/KJ Noons loser
Rustam Khabilov - Michael Chiesa/Reza Madadi winner
Yancy Medieros - Roger Bowling
Ovince St Preux - Fabio Maldonado/Roger Hollett winner
Gian Villante - Ilir Latifi
Sara McMann - Alexis Davis/Rosi Sexton winner
Shiela Gaff - Alexis Davis/Rosi Sexton loser
Bryan Caraway - Erik Perez
Johnny Bedford - George Roop/Brian Bowles loser
Cody McKenzie - Steven Siler
Leonard Garcia - Cut
Steven Siler - Cody McKenzie
Kurt Holobaugh - Nam Phan

Post #4   4/29/13 6:12:54PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:699-385
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i would give kurt holobaugh another chance, he does have some potential

Post #5   4/30/13 3:19:54AM   

tattflash

In Full Mount

tattflash Avatar

Career:2,562-1,836
Chips:

I would also like to see a rematch between Khabilov and Meideros as it had the makings of a good fight before the stoppage

Post #6   5/1/13 7:50:23AM   

CPK

Learning to Sprawl

CPK Avatar

Career:1,466-928
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
First things first Chael should get a rematch with Jones after that lame early stoppage by the ref. We have seen at least 200 fights that were not stopped with way more damage. Unlike all of the nubs that have just started watching the ufc, I am not impressed with John "illegal elbows" Jones. Belcher should not have a next fight in the ufc after that lame ass performance. Hopefully, the next time I see the name Belcher it will be when I am making my secondary league picks. Roy Nelson should match up with Bigfoot. I can't believe we have to watch a CV vs Bigfoot rematch....boring. Is Bigfoot the next Faber? CV beat his ass royally and he receives a rematch...WHAT? Let's keep giving him title shots and eventually he may win one.

Post #7   5/4/13 8:30:56PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by CPK
I can't believe we have to watch a CV vs Bigfoot rematch....boring. Is Bigfoot the next Faber? CV beat his ass royally and he receives a rematch...WHAT? Let's keep giving him title shots and eventually he may win one.

He knocked out 2 top 10 HWs since he lost to Velasquez, one being the consensus #1 contender for the title. That is a better resume than any other HW on the roster in the same time frame. This is Bigfoot's first title shot in a premier promotion, what the hell are you getting at? But at least you are spot on that every rematch goes just like the first fight...the current HW champ knows that first hand

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #8   5/5/13 12:07:00AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,474-877
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by CPK
I can't believe we have to watch a CV vs Bigfoot rematch....boring. Is Bigfoot the next Faber? CV beat his ass royally and he receives a rematch...WHAT? Let's keep giving him title shots and eventually he may win one.

He knocked out 2 top 10 HWs since he lost to Velasquez, one being the consensus #1 contender for the title. That is a better resume than any other HW on the roster in the same time frame. This is Bigfoot's first title shot in a premier promotion, what the hell are you getting at? But at least you are spot on that every rematch goes just like the first fight...the current HW champ knows that first hand

I'm with CPK, this Velasquez/Silva match is thoroughly uninteresting to me.

However, I don't have any ideas about Bigfoot being "the next Faber," nor do I think he is undeserving of a rematch simply because Cain beat him.

Still, I'm not really excited to see the upcoming HW title fight.

But you know what, I'm gonna watch anyway!

Post #9   5/5/13 7:14:42AM   

tattflash

In Full Mount

tattflash Avatar

Career:2,562-1,836
Chips:
I agree with Bubbles, Bigfoot has beat Overeem easily, when Overeem was slated as the next likely contender, he also put Browne to sleep, and Browne is a potential future contender once he gets his run back together. All the other Heavyweights are tied up, so Silva is the only logical choice for the fight. It was also his UFC debut against Cain, and whilst I do not think he will beat Cain, you have to take that element into consideration. And as Bubbles stated JDS beat Cains ass royally in their first fight before Cain's hammering of JDS in the return.
Bones put a beating on Sonnen and he should not get a rematch, I have never liked Bones, but, you cannot fail to be impressed with someone who destroys all comers with the ease that he does.

Last edited 5/5/13 9:36AM server time by tattflash
2 total post edits

Post #10   5/5/13 9:35:34AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,518-1,294
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Jon Jones - Alexander Gustafsson/Lyoto Machida
Chael Sonnen - Wanderlei Silva
Michael Bisping - Yushin Okami
Alan Belcher - Cung Le
Roy Nelson - Daniel Cormier
Chieck Kongo - Ben Rothwell
Phil Davis - Ryan Bader
Vinny Magalhaes - Ovince St. Preaux
Pat Healy - Gilbert Melendez
Jim Miller - Jorge Masvidal
Rustam Khabilov - Tim Means
Yancy Medieros - Jon Tuck
Ovince St Preux - Vinny Magalhaes
Gian Villante - Cyrille Diabate
Sara McMann - Sarah Kaufman
Shiela Gaff - Amanda Nunes
Bryan Caraway - Bowles/Roop winner
Johnny Bedford - Jeff Hougland
Cody McKenzie - Daniel Pineda
Leonard Garcia - Cut
Steven Siler - Dustin Poirer
Kurt Holobaugh - Sam Sicilia

Last edited 5/5/13 10:30AM server time by Kpro

Post #11   5/5/13 10:28:26AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,054-613
Chips:

Posted by CPK

First things first Chael should get a rematch with Jones after that lame early stoppage by the ref. We have seen at least 200 fights that were not stopped with way more damage. Unlike all of the nubs that have just started watching the ufc, I am not impressed with John "illegal elbows" Jones. Belcher should not have a next fight in the ufc after that lame ass performance. Hopefully, the next time I see the name Belcher it will be when I am making my secondary league picks. Roy Nelson should match up with Bigfoot. I can't believe we have to watch a CV vs Bigfoot rematch....boring. Is Bigfoot the next Faber? CV beat his ass royally and he receives a rematch...WHAT? Let's keep giving him title shots and eventually he may win one.

You're either Teh smash in disguise or or maybe just a nub

Post #12   5/5/13 10:42:50AM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,565-912
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by CPK

You're either Teh smash in disguise or or maybe just a nub

I believe CPK's words when I came into work were: I trolled a message board today.

But he has a point. Anyone can knock out Fedor and Reem. They are both cans according to Dana White and Dana is never not right... even when he is wrong.

On the real, Bigfoot might be the most deserving but I bet you everyone in this lobby thinks it'll go the same way as the first fight. Except this time Cain, like everyone that has hit BigFoot, will break his hand and will be out for a year. On top of that Hunt will most likely break his win streak fighting JDS and the last thing UFC needs is more championship rematches.

I'd rather see Hunt or even Roy get shots before BF and JDS.

Post #13   5/6/13 11:15:12AM   

CPK

Learning to Sprawl

CPK Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by CPK

What I'm getting at is I'm tired of seeing immediate rematches for belts (simple enough?). Faber was the first fighter that came to mind with endless shots at a belt. I'm not comparing the fighters literally just a potential situation that I see trending. Whether they are a current champion or a challenger there should be fights in between (and not just one).

Post #14   5/6/13 8:39:48PM   

CPK

Learning to Sprawl

CPK Avatar

Chips:
None of the above- just tired of seeing the same fights so close together-especially at $44.99 a shot!

Post #15   5/6/13 8:42:38PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2