Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

The today's forum drama post

Print  
  Page 5 of 5   <<   2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:872-548
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Svartorm

I can make this easy. It would actually be impossible for the mods to do that because they don't have access to passwords. All a mod could do would be to change their user profile info, which would not require them to log into that person's profile. Only Jay, Hippysmacker and maybe Fleek has that kind of access.

Correct.

So... does anyone know what's going on, or is it not our business? I'm sorry for being a thorn in everyone's side... I think a lot of people share my opinion of wanting to know what's going on, but don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers.

I think this whole Ray thing made a lot of people hesitant to question what the admins do in fear they may be punished.

Post #61   5/1/13 4:40:55PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,701-1,415
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by jakewalters

So his account kept logging in late tonight when Ray would have been sleeping in the UK, and now it's gone. Talking to others, I assume administration were snooping around his account then just deleted the account upon completion. This is so absurd. Telling everyone that Ray is welcome to come back while in reality he's banned and someone is snooping around his personal shit.

I'm friends with most mods on this site, that's the thing that bugs me. I know none of them have anything to do with this. I have no problem with any moderators on this site, and actually respect the shit out of you for the work you put in here. You make my experience better along with everyone else's.

Jay, I know you haven't posted since the OP. Can you give us an explanation of what's going on right now? I'm not accusing anyone of anything here, but I'm curious to know why the stance went from "he's free to come back" to his account being axed.

EDIT: By the way.. just so my intentions are clear.. my podcast is affiliated with the other site now, but I don't want anyone to leave this site for the other. The MMA Playground has a much better and active forum along with a fantasy setup that I like more than any other site. I've been on this site a year and a half now, and I plan on being an active poster on this site for a long time. I'm just speaking on behalf of myself and a lot of people here who were friends of Ray and want to know what's going on. It's unfortunate that all this has to go down in public forum, but that ship sailed a while ago.

You realize the time that says a person has logged in and has not is not always 100% correct right? Its always been that way.

Post #62   5/1/13 6:24:26PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,016-1,193
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by jakewalters

So his account kept logging in late tonight when Ray would have been sleeping in the UK, and now it's gone. Talking to others, I assume administration were snooping around his account then just deleted the account upon completion. This is so absurd. Telling everyone that Ray is welcome to come back while in reality he's banned and someone is snooping around his personal shit.

I'm friends with most mods on this site, that's the thing that bugs me. I know none of them have anything to do with this. I have no problem with any moderators on this site, and actually respect the shit out of you for the work you put in here. You make my experience better along with everyone else's.

Jay, I know you haven't posted since the OP. Can you give us an explanation of what's going on right now? I'm not accusing anyone of anything here, but I'm curious to know why the stance went from "he's free to come back" to his account being axed.

EDIT: By the way.. just so my intentions are clear.. my podcast is affiliated with the other site now, but I don't want anyone to leave this site for the other. The MMA Playground has a much better and active forum along with a fantasy setup that I like more than any other site. I've been on this site a year and a half now, and I plan on being an active poster on this site for a long time. I'm just speaking on behalf of myself and a lot of people here who were friends of Ray and want to know what's going on. It's unfortunate that all this has to go down in public forum, but that ship sailed a while ago.

You realize the time that says a person has logged in and has not is not always 100% correct right? Its always been that way.

is it normal for it to be off 12-16 hours? I spoke to Ray yesterday morning around 9 am pacific and he saod he wasn't able to log in. I looked at his profile late last night and it said he had logged in 12 min prior (about 4am Rabi time). Not being a smartass here but rather just ignorant to the fact of nowing nothing about the glitch with the log time.

Post #63   5/1/13 6:30:47PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by jakewalters

is it normal for it to be off 12-16 hours? I spoke to Ray yesterday morning around 9 am pacific and he saod he wasn't able to log in. I looked at his profile late last night and it said he had logged in 12 min prior (about 4am Rabi time). Not being a smartass here but rather just ignorant to the fact of nowing nothing about the glitch with the log time.

Ray hadn't accessed his account in days and it kept saying that the account had continuously been logged in within the hour whenever we checked. If that was the only thing that happened, maybe it was a glitch.

The fact his account was axed immediately after we realized what was going on makes it certainly a deliberate thing going on and not a glitch.

Post #64   5/1/13 7:05:55PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,701-1,415
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by jakewalters

It did it recently with one of my camp mates. He had missed a pick, sent him a note for him to make the pick, it said he had signed in 40 min ago or whatever it was, an hour later it said he logged in 15 min ago, few hours after that it said he had not logged in in 2 days. Im not saying this is that situation, just that times have always been messed up when someone logs in. Then again who knows if someone did.

Post #65   5/1/13 7:26:52PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by jakewalters

It did it recently with one of my camp mates. He had missed a pick, sent him a note for him to make the pick, it said he had signed in 40 min ago or whatever it was, an hour later it said he logged in 15 min ago, few hours after that it said he had not logged in in 2 days. Im not saying this is that situation, just that times have always been messed up when someone logs in. Then again who knows if someone did.

I'm agreeing with you here dude, I don't know what point you're trying to make here. The time does mess up every now and then. Rarely. But it happens. But the fact we were suspicious, then a few hours later his account was deleted... that's no glitch.

EDIT: Didn't realize you were replying to Prophecy not me, my bad.

Last edited 5/1/13 7:30PM server time by jakewalters
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #66   5/1/13 7:29:25PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
I think the important thing is that his account was axed despite the fact he was welcomed back by Jay, whom is the only person able to outright delete accounts.

If he started some crazy shit on here that no one saw, that would be one thing. If he was axed because people said they missed him, that's another thing entirely.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #67   5/1/13 8:30:34PM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,458-907
Chips:
His account is deactivated at the time of this writing and there's discussion underway on the issue still in the mod forum. Various things have happened since this thread was originally posted.

Last edited 5/1/13 8:42PM server time by dothemmath
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #68   5/1/13 8:39:29PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by DoTheMMAth

His account is deactivated at the time of this writing and there's discussion underway on the issue still in the mod forum. Various things have happened since this thread was originally posted.

Please tell us more. I like forum drama. Besides, we'll eventually know anyway.

Post #69   5/1/13 8:56:35PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

I think the important thing is that his account was axed despite the fact he was welcomed back by Jay, whom is the only person able to outright delete accounts.

If he started some crazy shit on here that no one saw, that would be one thing. If he was axed because people said they missed him, that's another thing entirely.

I say we host the first ever FORUM TRIAL on PG.

Post #70   5/1/13 9:06:16PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,436-1,301
Chips:
You guys banned rabi

Wonder why I haven't seen his posts
Sucks I actually liked and gotta say envied him for going out there and doing what he loves.
I hope he does become a MMA journalist. His foot is already in the door

Post #71   5/2/13 12:04:12PM   

Page 5 of 5   <<   2     3     4     5