Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Cormier wants a fight that advances his career

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,984-1,177
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Daniel Cormier isn't sure if he'll move to light heavyweight or remain with the big boys following his win over Frank Mir at UFC on Fox 7. Cormier says that his decision will be based on whichever division offers him a fight that advances his career.

Link

Post #1   4/24/13 10:41:16PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,552-1,629
Chips:
I hear ya DC, but the Mir win did solidify your career up to this date and will get bigger fights at HW for sure. They aren't going to give him a Machida or Rashad if he drops to LHW...however a fight with Mark Hunt could be argued for right now.

Post #2   4/25/13 12:06:05AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,984-1,177
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

I hear ya DC, but the Mir win did solidify your career up to this date and will get bigger fights at HW for sure. They aren't going to give him a Machida or Rashad if he drops to LHW...however a fight with Mark Hunt could be argued for right now.

That would be a fun fight to watch

Post #3   4/25/13 12:10:41AM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
He's already a title contender at HW but won't fight the champ. Therefore there's really no way to advance his career at that weight class. I say move down to LHW. With the way the brass has been handling title shots lately, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him get an immediate title shot. I'd personally like to see him fight the winner of Henderson/Evans. Cormier/Henderson would be pretty epic.

Post #4   4/25/13 12:23:29AM   

Travesty145

MMA Regular

Travesty145 Avatar

Career:675-411
Chips:

Posted by Playground_Samurai

He's already a title contender at HW but won't fight the champ. Therefore there's really no way to advance his career at that weight class. I say move down to LHW. With the way the brass has been handling title shots lately, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him get an immediate title shot. I'd personally like to see him fight the winner of Henderson/Evans. Cormier/Henderson would be pretty epic.

cormier would thrash henderson. cormier vs rashad would be epic

Post #5   4/25/13 12:47:51AM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by Travesty145

cormier would thrash henderson. cormier vs rashad would be epic

Just like Fedor did? Hell, who has ever "thrashed" Hendo?

Cormier/Evans would be nice too, though.

Last edited 4/25/13 12:52AM server time by Playground_Samurai
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   4/25/13 12:50:50AM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

He's already a title contender at HW but won't fight the champ. Therefore there's really no way to advance his career at that weight class.. Cormier/Henderson would be pretty epic.

wont fight the champ but says only wants a fight that will advance his career??? what is more advancing then the belt. but man if they give him hendo at LHW or HW I wont complain

Post #7   4/25/13 2:02:20AM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 34-46

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,402-915
Chips:
A major part of DC's success at heavy is his speed advantage. If he cuts to light heavy hes losing a major part of his game. He should just chill where hes at for a while & quit getting a head of himself.

Post #8   4/25/13 8:58:17AM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,238-1,256
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by shaneTpain

A major part of DC's success at heavy is his speed advantage. If he cuts to light heavy hes losing a major part of his game. He should just chill where hes at for a while & quit getting a head of himself.

Good point..but I guess at age 34 he's starting to wonder how much more time he's got.

The more guys he beats up, the more chances to win "OTN" bonuses and the sooner he can negotiate (up) a new contract. I guess it becomes a question of which weight class will better allow him to do that.

Last edited 4/25/13 11:20AM server time by scoozna
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   4/25/13 11:20:25AM