Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Yahoo! rips MMA in artcile about Boston bomber

Print  
Posted By Message

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:1,937-1,199
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
I was reading an article on one of the Boston bombers, and I noticed their choice words for MMA - a sport Bomber #1 was looking to get into

quote: "Tsarnaev, the alleged bombing mastermind who died in a fierce gun battle with police early Friday morning, had been training with one of the 2011 murder victims in an attempt to transition from boxing into a possible career in the brutal sport of mixed-martial arts. "

This is more media garbage of them giving MMA a bad name, and using a terrible occurance and very poor word choicing to "spice up" the articleLink to Article

Post #1   4/22/13 4:23:34PM   

calitrees

MMA Regular

calitrees Avatar

Career:1,344-791
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
If dude was in mma he probobly wouldn't be a crazy terrorist. He would have felt like part of a group and had more discipline. Mma can be a vice for many people who otherwise might be doing less constructive things.

Post #2   4/22/13 4:37:40PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
How are they ripping MMA? his former training partner was murdered and they are looking into if he was involved. I will admit I skimmed it over but I didn't see anything that was a knock on MMA

Post #3   4/22/13 4:43:07PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,200-1,190
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by postman

How are they ripping MMA? his former training partner was murdered and they are looking into if he was involved. I will admit I skimmed it over but I didn't see anything that was a knock on MMA

It was the use of "brutal", in describing mma. It seemed they were trying to make Tsarnaev look even more "barbaric", by saying he used mma to release the built up anger in him. Boxing wasn't brutal enough for him, but a bloodsport (mma) was.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #4   4/22/13 5:01:49PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by kopower

Posted by postman

It was the use of "brutal", in describing mma. It seemed they were trying to make Tsarnaev look even more "barbaric", by saying he used mma to release the built up anger in him. Boxing wasn't brutal enough for him, but a bloodsport (mma) was.

I see. It is a pretty brutal sport though. But to say boxing wasn't enough is odd

Post #5   4/22/13 5:31:20PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,624-911
Chips:

Posted by postman

I didn't either, and I consider MMA a little more brutal with broken limbs and head kicks and whatnot.

Post #6   4/22/13 6:23:32PM   

calitrees

MMA Regular

calitrees Avatar

Career:1,344-791
Chips:
I consider football just as if not more brutal. Less blood, but superathletes running full speed at eachother is insane. Much more impact but just because their in pads when they are knocked out its less brutal?

Post #7   4/22/13 6:59:48PM