Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White: Dan Hardy is in extreme denial -- or afraid -- over second opinion on heart condition

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
It would be much easier if Dan Hardy could just go see the wizard and get a new heart. But I guess "the best cardiologist in the country" isn't a bad second choice.

Will he or won't he?

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight number one contender Dan Hardy needs to get a second opinion on the heart condition that has kept him from returning to the Octagon.

"The Outlaw" was recently diagnosed with Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome, also known as "Wolf Heart," prior to his UFC on FOX 7 fight against Matt Brown, who now fights Jordan Mein this Saturday night (April 20, 2013) in his place.

Before the British brawler can make his way back into the cage, he must first prove he's medically fit to compete, or that he was, in fact, misdiagnosed the first time around.

UFC President Dana White explains:

"Lorenzo and I called Dan Hardy a couple weeks ago and got him set up with the best cardiologist in the country. He didn't want to go. He's in serious denial right now. Either denial or just afraid to hear from somebody that that's the truth and that's what's going on. So after he turned it down, I called him back and said, 'Dude, are you crazy? We're offering you a chance to go see the best guy. Just get this second opinion. You're literally insane if you don't go do this.' He said, 'You know what Dana, I'm going through a lot of stuff personally right now. I'm getting married, I have a lot of family coming into town and just dealing with this whole thing at the same time. It's driving me crazy so I just want to put this on the backburner until I'm done with my family stuff and then we'll talk.' Once he gets this done, hopefully we can get him out there to see this doctor. Hopefully he was misdiagnosed."

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   4/19/13 12:31:35PM   

Goatenstein

In Full Mount

Career:821-544
Chips:
Isn't doing his best to be alive the best thing for his family?

Post #2   4/19/13 2:04:52PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,016-1,193
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Just get the procedure done

Post #3   4/19/13 2:54:40PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
I wish he would just go and get the second opinion. And if he needs a procedure he should just get it done so he can fight again

Post #4   4/19/13 4:51:46PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,040-604
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Goatenstein

Isn't doing his best to be alive the best thing for his family?

I'm sure they would support him visiting the best heart guy in the country one way or another.

Post #5   4/19/13 5:32:18PM   

spang714

MMA Regular

spang714 Avatar

Career:603-351
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
cant say that i have ever been or will be a fan of hardy, but i hope he gets what he needs to get done and get back to fightin'

Post #6   4/19/13 5:59:03PM