Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Nate Diaz likely to change weight classes after UFC on FOX 7

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

----PAPERBOY----

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,681-939
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
SAN JOSE, Calif. – After this weekend's UFC on FOX 7 bout with Josh Thomson, Nate Diaz doesn't believe the lightweight class is going to be able to offer anything that interests him.

Link

Post #1   4/18/13 7:39:36PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,730-1,561
Chips:
At Welterweight Diaz is middle of the pack at best. At Lightweight he's top 5. It's safe to say imo this is a bad move.

Post #2   4/18/13 8:19:29PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

At Welterweight Diaz is middle of the pack at best. At Lightweight he's top 5. It's safe to say imo this is a bad move.

A Gunnar Nelson or John Hathaway are bad matchups for him...you won't see that with similar ranked LWs. The better matchups are at LW for him

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #3   4/18/13 8:42:18PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 34-45

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,378-886
Chips:
Jeeez I thought he was gonna move down a weight where he'd have a significant reach & size advantage... but back up to welter??? Fuck it feels like yesterday I watched Rory german suplex Nate all over the cage.

Post #4   4/18/13 8:51:30PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,523-1,604
Chips:
To be honest, this crap is why the Diaz Bros have and never will claim a title, and it's also why we continue to watch them...Diaz Bros = DGAF!

Post #5   4/18/13 11:10:03PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,449-880
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I was bummed to hear this. Nate's best shot at a title is at 155 in my opinion. Although I don't count his fight with Dong Hyun Kim as a loss and have him at 3-1 at 170 (Nate won that bs), he did get handled by Rory Mac. Maybe now that he is getting some man strength he wants to test the waters again.... curious move either way though. Nate's last fight was for the title FFS.

Post #6   4/19/13 6:01:19AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,013-583
Chips:
Agree that its a bad move. He was on such a tear at lw up until bendo, I can't see how he thinks he would have a better chance against gsp if he even gets to that point

Post #7   4/19/13 9:33:42AM   

calitrees

MMA Regular

calitrees Avatar

Career:1,373-805
Chips:
He didn't say he was moving to welterweight so he could win a title. There is no one left for him to fight at lightweight. I think its a good move, he wants to make money. With new guys to fight they can still make big fights with him. There are a ton of great matchups at welterweight for him Kampmann, Alves, Mein, Saffedine, Marquardt, even Condit. He would also beat up the Gunnar Nelsons, Matt Browns, Stephen Thompsons and John Hathaways of the division. I know he has trouble with power wrestlers, but the champ of lightweight is a great wrestler so I don't see the big deal. By the time he runs out of options at welterweight the lightweight division will have a whole new crop of contenders to fight.

Post #8   4/19/13 11:59:39AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,352-1,258
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Bad move. I guess he enjoys guys like Kim and mcdonald rag dolling him

Post #9   4/19/13 1:32:17PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,455-838
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Everyone needs to take a Nate's only saying it cuz his bro is fighting for the belt. Nick said the same shit about moving up in weight when Jake had his fight with GSP.

My guess is Bendo wins at Nate stays. Also, the LW division is stacked there is still tons of names he hasn't fought. I'd love to see Alvarez v Nate if Alvarez is ever allowed to fight again.

Post #10   4/19/13 4:34:35PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,232-1,201
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by calitrees

He didn't say he was moving to welterweight so he could win a title. There is no one left for him to fight at lightweight. I think its a good move, he wants to make money. With new guys to fight they can still make big fights with him. There are a ton of great matchups at welterweight for him Kampmann, Alves, Mein, Saffedine, Marquardt, even Condit. He would also beat up the Gunnar Nelsons, Matt Browns, Stephen Thompsons and John Hathaways of the division. I know he has trouble with power wrestlers, but the champ of lightweight is a great wrestler so I don't see the big deal. By the time he runs out of options at welterweight the lightweight division will have a whole new crop of contenders to fight.

I would love to see him and Gunnar fight. It would be interesting on the feet, and on the ground.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #11   4/19/13 8:45:18PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,416-1,238
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Until Benson loses his title, which may be quite a while , Nate likely won't get another shot so he may be better off where he at least has a shot to work his way up. He doesn't have to beat top 10 fighters, he could bide his time with exciting fights like Brown and Mein in the division without facing strong wrestlers and then drop back down at the right time. if he chooses Let's let him face Thomson first though who is no slouch.

Post #12   4/19/13 10:53:57PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,133-678
Chips:
After the first TKO Loss of your career I think you should stay the hell away from 170.

He has little wrestlers and now is gonna be in danger against heavy punchers
Stay down at 155 or retire..... His careers coming to an end but only because he never evolved his game.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #13   4/20/13 10:40:40PM   

spang714

MMA Regular

spang714 Avatar

Career:569-337
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:

Posted by shaneTpain

Jeeez I thought he was gonna move down a weight where he'd have a significant reach & size advantage... but back up to welter??? Fuck it feels like yesterday I watched Rory german suplex Nate all over the cage.

this...

Post #14   4/21/13 10:23:16AM