Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Frank Mir: Brock Lesnar's MMA career 'would have been different' without diverticulitis

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,606-1,363
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

I've always thought that not only his diverticulitis had something to do with how his career played out, but he was just brought along too quick in my opinion. His second fight was against Mir, third was Heath Herring, fourth was Couture for the title.

Look at Cain. He almost got ko'ed like three times against Kongo. Yeah he won, but he had those fights. He got to crush the Denis Stojnic's of the division and the Jake O'Brien's and Ben Rothwell's. I think Lesnar's celebrity status and the greed to make him champ by the powers that be didn't afford him that luxury.

Yup and thats where the whole WWF thing ties into, not only the long injuries and brutal things it did to his neck, back body etc but also his fame and celebrity status never would have allowed him to work his way up had he gone into mma after college.

Post #16   4/17/13 3:20:33PM   

bootyclause

MMA Regular

Career:1,044-777
Chips:
he was underrated because of his background. Maybe he never would have stopped good subs or stood with elite strikers but he would have wrecked a lot of guys.

At the very least he was a modern version of Coleman or Randleman. Honestly he was better than those guys if you really watch the old fights.

Post #17   4/17/13 5:31:10PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by LuckyCharms

I have to completely disagree with the last part in the article.
" After all, it was through Lesnar's blood, sweat and tears that the promotion is as successful as it is today."

Lesnar added benefit to UCF growth to casual fans and WWE fans. But when Lesnar enter, UCF was already started growing in mainstream. It was the blood, sweat, and tears of the early UCF workers behind the scene that made UCF successful as it is today.

I hate how writers completely based the success of a sport on one single individual.

University of Central Florida?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #18   4/17/13 9:42:27PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2