Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Ulysses Gomez not allowed to audition at today's 'TUF 18' tryouts

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
UFC officials today nixed Ulysses Gomez's audition at "The Ultimate Fighter 18" tryouts, but the former UFC fighter isn't ruling out a possible return to the octagon.

Link

Post #1   4/15/13 3:18:15PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Gomez just got cut. Of course they won't let him back in

Post #2   4/15/13 4:36:21PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
he would still need to fight to get into the house so nothing is set. Not sure how I feel about this

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #3   4/15/13 9:06:12PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,884-1,626
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

he would still need to fight to get into the house so nothing is set. Not sure how I feel about this

They're afraid that a UFC reject would win the competition. That happening would really undermine people's curiosity with the show (which is already dwindling) because it would make a point that TUF isn't bringing in tremendous talent. With unknown guys, the illusion of producing high-tier fighters can be maintained. At least that's what I think the inspiration is. Imagine if another Uriah Hall type hype train comes through, and instead of losing to a Gastelum type he loses to a Mike Van Arsdale type (I know he's retired but still). A guy who's been there and been cut beating all these young prospects would really peel back the curtain.

Post #4   4/15/13 9:37:09PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,428-1,454
Chips:

Posted by jay98107

Posted by Bubbles

They're afraid that a UFC reject would win the competition. That happening would really undermine people's curiosity with the show (which is already dwindling) because it would make a point that TUF isn't bringing in tremendous talent. With unknown guys, the illusion of producing high-tier fighters can be maintained. At least that's what I think the inspiration is. Imagine if another Uriah Hall type hype train comes through, and instead of losing to a Gastelum type he loses to a Mike Van Arsdale type (I know he's retired but still). A guy who's been there and been cut beating all these young prospects would really peel back the curtain.

but it's bout the rating..the could hype the shit outta this..image..a recent UFC reject..made his way back into the UFC, by fighting to get into the house..and winning..everyone loves a comeback story..its all rating man..but since in reality, Gomez isnt allowed..i agree with it..u were ranked pretty high and had some hype back u..and finish and decision later, ur gone..def not UFC quality, but def TUF quality...

Post #5   4/16/13 1:45:17AM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:913-568
Chips:
the show is about giving new guys a chance. not giving guys who have been cut another go

trust me, guys like gomez who have UFC experience are clamored for by minor promotions and will get their chance to string some W's together and come back to the big show

i love seeing a guy who got cut and came back

Post #6   4/16/13 1:57:47AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Get fired from your job and show up to work the next day. Same result. You were fired for a reason.

Post #7   4/16/13 6:20:16AM