Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Explosions at Boston Marathon

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,045-1,204
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Reports are that 1of the 2 dead was a 8 year old. Puts me in an even worse mood

Post #16   4/15/13 7:59:30PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,279-1,225
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Reports are that 1of the 2 dead was a 8 year old. Puts me in an even worse mood

That is even worse news. So sad

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #17   4/15/13 8:18:20PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,478-1,317
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Holy shit. Just heard about the bombs. Been at work all day. No one mentioned it at work
Saw it on the mmamania forum what happened
Crazy.

Post #18   4/15/13 8:36:53PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
this is disgusting, I really hope they literally crucify those responsible

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #19   4/15/13 9:05:11PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Chips:
Looks like the new reports are 3 dead 130+ injured

Post #20   4/15/13 9:35:11PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,869-1,613
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
The great Patton Oswalt had some positive things to say about it, which made me feel better.

Boston. Fucking horrible. I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity." But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths. But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in awhile, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness. But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago. So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."

Made me think of Robert Kennedy quoting Aeschylus after the assassination of MLK. We must "dedicate ourselves to what the Greeks wrote so many years ago: to tame the savageness of man and to make gentle the life of this world."

Post #21   4/15/13 9:39:36PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,869-1,613
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Looks like the new reports are 3 dead 130+ injured

With missing limbs in the double digits. What a shame. An important holiday for Boston and a historic sporting event marred by this unnecessary violence.

Post #22   4/15/13 9:41:17PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:896-557
Chips:
My mind has been going a mile a minute since hearing about this and I can not get any sleep.

Anyone in the same boat?

Post #23   4/16/13 1:01:23AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
If I'm allowed to speculate, I would like to point out the date of today's attack is very close to the date of the Oklahoma City bombing which I'm sure you guys knew that already.

But anyway - it's a sad day indeed and if I had a new song to share with PG I would.

Of all places - why a marathon?

Post #24   4/16/13 1:11:07AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jakewalters

My mind has been going a mile a minute since hearing about this and I can not get any sleep.

Anyone in the same boat?

I'm just turning in right now and I know my mind will be racing just like yours. Oh and Jake, when you have kids of your own - your mind will be racing twice as much. I'm not painting a bright future for you aren't I? Sorry.

Post #25   4/16/13 1:17:13AM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:896-557
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by jakewalters

Anyone in the same boat?

I'm just turning in right now and I know my mind will be racing just like yours. Oh and Jake, when you have kids of your own - your mind will be racing twice as much. I'm not painting a bright future for you aren't I? Sorry.

I'm gonna beat the shit out of my kids so much, I probably won't care too much for their well being. Seriously though, I have friends who are dads and am good friends with my own dad and from what I've seen the positives far outweigh the negative

and yeah.. i'm the kind of person who should be on sleeping pills but am too gunshy to take shit like ambien so i just self medicate with nyquil once or twice a week. even when i get a good workout right before i still can't help my mind from racing & keeping me up. doubt i'm gonna sleep much tonight, I tried sitting infront of CNN all day and still cant digest this tragedy.

Post #26   4/16/13 1:52:02AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jakewalters

Anyone in the same boat?

yep, right there with you bro

Post #27   4/16/13 2:57:51AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,054-613
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Facebook really brings out the worst in our country after these events. Can't believe there are people making light of the situation and the lives lost.

I've seen jokes, conspiracy theories, and callous disregard. These were posted by "friends" for lack of better word. It really makes me more sick than the event itself...
"Oh no what if it's the gov trying to disarm us" Fuck you, people were just literally disarmed a day ago, quit the shit for a short amount of time.

Post #28   4/16/13 12:02:09PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by jakewalters

Anyone in the same boat?

I'm gonna beat the shit out of my kids so much, I probably won't care too much for their well being. Seriously though, I have friends who are dads and am good friends with my own dad and from what I've seen the positives far outweigh the negative

and yeah.. i'm the kind of person who should be on sleeping pills but am too gunshy to take shit like ambien so i just self medicate with nyquil once or twice a week. even when i get a good workout right before i still can't help my mind from racing & keeping me up. doubt i'm gonna sleep much tonight, I tried sitting infront of CNN all day and still cant digest this tragedy.

Thanks for reminding me. I'm working very hard on enjoying life and not let 'what could happen' ruin it.

Post #29   4/16/13 1:33:26PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2