Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Bellator MMA 'Spikes' in ratings, goes to 4-man tourneys for next season; summer return for King Mo

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Expanding on their successful initial run on Spike TV, Bellator MMA will switch from 8-man to 4-man tournaments for the upcoming "Summer Series 2013" season, which will also feature the return of prized light-heavyweight "King Mo."

Link

Post #1   4/11/13 5:03:22PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
is he still considered "prized"?

Post #2   4/11/13 7:12:40PM   

quezocrema0032

In Full Mount

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:1,904-1,018
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

I don't know how I feel about Bellator incorporating the 4 man tournament on the heels of their biggest free agent signing (King Mo) stumbling during his first tournament shot. Can't help but get the feeling Bellator is force feeding him a title shot, after seeing the weak talent in the last tourney it would be naive to think there will be stiff competition for him. Plus aside from the questionable timing of this newly implemented 4 man tournament doesn't this kind of compromise their whole gimmick of a fair playing field for title shots? I don't know what's fair about summer tourney winner's having to only win 2 fights when traditional season winner's must win 3 fights to fight for the championship. & I don't want to hear that they can't fit in a full tourney during the summer series because its been done before. I don't like this 4 man tournament idea, hopefully its a 1 summer & done kind of thing.

Post #3   4/12/13 1:50:53AM