Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

WOLF

Print  
Do you follow Odd Future?
Yes 6 33%
No 2 11%
Who? 10 56%
Posted By Message

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:833-526
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Got this album by Tyler, the Creator about a week ago and I've really been digging it. One of the better CD's I've heard in the past few years.

Just curious if anyone else on the board was into Odd Future? I don't follow everything but Tyler, Earl Sweatshirt, Domo Genesis, and Hodgy Beats rarely disappoint when I hear their new stuff.

Post #1   4/10/13 5:52:18PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,252-1,209
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
This is where it's at right now

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #2   4/10/13 9:50:12PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,867-1,038
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Im a walking fucking paradox

Post #3   4/10/13 10:22:39PM   

Drudinh

MMA Sensei

Drudinh Avatar

Career:1,622-1,069
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
I picked up this cd last week and it bangs. Golf wang for sure.

Last edited 4/11/13 7:02AM server time by Drudinh
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   4/11/13 7:02:48AM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,796-1,566
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Saw the video for EARL about two weeks before Sandwitches on Fallon and became immediately hooked. Drove all the way to Chicago from Seattle with a few friends just to see them perform, I've seen them three times now and get to see Earl next month. I gravitate towards old alternative/indie music and punk rock mostly, which might explain why I was so interested. I just remember watching the video for "French" and thinking "I must know everything there is to know about whoever these human beings are."

As far as Wolf, think it's better than Goblin but not as many individual tracks stand out to me. Least abrasive record in the Odd Future catalog aside from Frank Ocean, for better or worse. Huge fan of Rusty, and I think Colossus is the most impressive song Tyler has done lyrically. Now I'm just counting days until the new Earl.

Post #5   4/16/13 3:07:45AM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,796-1,566
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
A great jumping off point. Viewer discretion advised.

Post #6   4/16/13 3:13:06AM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:833-526
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by jay98107

Saw the video for EARL about two weeks before Sandwitches on Fallon and became immediately hooked. Drove all the way to Chicago from Seattle with a few friends just to see them perform, I've seen them three times now and get to see Earl next month. I gravitate towards old alternative/indie music and punk rock mostly, which might explain why I was so interested. I just remember watching the video for "French" and thinking "I must know everything there is to know about whoever these human beings are."

As far as Wolf, think it's better than Goblin but not as many individual tracks stand out to me. Least abrasive record in the Odd Future catalog aside from Frank Ocean, for better or worse. Huge fan of Rusty, and I think Colossus is the most impressive song Tyler has done lyrically. Now I'm just counting days until the new Earl.

I love it! I was in Chicago during the OF concert last fall but didn't get tickets before they sold out

I agree as far as the track by track thing. My fave off the album were 48, Rusty, Colossus, Bimmer, Tamale... I think Rusty's one of my favorite rap tracks of all time

Post #7   4/16/13 3:26:17AM