Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Bellator's 'Summer Series' returns with three four-man tournaments

Print  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Bellator MMA will return this summer for another "Summer Series" of tournaments, but it will do so with a twist on its regular format.

Instead of eight-fighter tournaments like it has done throughout its run, Bellator this summer will put on three four-man tourneys. The promotion announced the plans on Wednesday, though it has not yet announced dates, locations or participants in the tournament events, which will air on Spike TV.

As MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) previously reported, the tournaments will take place in the heavyweight, light heavyweight and bantamweight divisions.

LINK

Post #1   4/10/13 4:40:08PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,612-939
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Hopefully we get to see Barnett and Mo.

I can't wait to see Barnett smash their weak HW division. Love me a good squash match.

Post #2   4/10/13 5:45:58PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,340-1,374
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Hopefully we get to see Barnett and Mo.

I can't wait to see Barnett smash their weak HW division. Love me a good squash match.

Really? I actually really like Eric Prindle and Travis Wuiff's chances against Barnett.

Post #3   4/10/13 7:25:01PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:519-361
Chips:
this is good to hear. bellator has become a staple of my MMA diet these days. i know they have some weak upper classes but they are getting better. plus, there is enough great fights to be had at the lower weights where i can suffer through some boring HW fights

Post #4   4/10/13 8:30:46PM   

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:2,007-1,070
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I don't know how I feel about Bellator incorporating the 4 man tournament on the heels of their biggest free agent signing (King Mo) stumbling during his first tournament shot. Can't help but get the feeling Bellator is force feeding him a title shot, after seeing the weak talent in the last tourney it would be naive to think there will be stiff competition for him. Plus aside from the questionable timing of this newly implemented 4 man tournament doesn't this kind of compromise their whole gimmick of a fair playing field for title shots? I don't know what's fair about summer tourney winner's having to only win 2 fights when traditional season winner's must win 3 fights to fight for the championship. & I don't want to hear that they can't fit in a full tourney during the summer series because its been done before. I don't like this 4 man tournament idea, hopefully its a 1 summer & done kind of thing.

Post #5   4/11/13 2:53:13AM